Celebrity air

RonPaula

We booked our RT air to Buenos Aires last night with Celebrity air service. This morning I logged in with American Airlines to select seats but it states that the status is “ticket pending”.  Is this something that I need Celebrity to work on?

Don't quote me on this, but my understanding with AA means that ticket has not been paid for yet. I do NOT know when/how Celebrity actually pays AA for the ticket, but it may remain that way until it is done...may be months ahead, may be weeks ahead, I am really not sure. Could change a few hours from now, or it may take a long time. 

There's a difference between having a reservation and having a ticket. Right now, it appears you have a reservation with AA, but you don't have a ticket. For now, nothing to worry about, especially this soon after your reservation. 

Agree with above information.  If you have a "locator code" for the airline, you can probably go onto their web site and do a seat selection, if that is available under your class of seat booking. And, if you do get a seat selection, with everything going on in the world, I would advise you to go on the web site and confirm everything once every few weeks.  AA may change the aircraft they will be using and simply reassign everyone to new seats.

Thanks for responding. We have business class seats. I ended up calling Celebrity and they need to assign the seats. Also, it will continue showing “pending” until we pay for the tickets, which will probably be at final payment.

Until your reservation shows a 13 digit "ticket number", you are not ticketed.  As noted above, there is a difference between "reservation" and "ticket".

For reference, a ticket issued by American will start with "001".  Other airline accounting codes include:

Delta  006

United  016

British  125

Lufthansa  220

Air France  057

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 9:38 AM, RonPaula said:

Thanks for responding. We have business class seats. I ended up calling Celebrity and they need to assign the seats. Also, it will continue showing “pending” until we pay for the tickets, which will probably be at final payment.

Perhaps there's a difference but when I booked with Flights By Celebrity the agent was able to book the business class seats I wanted before I hung up DL via (KLM). I also have my record locator and can see my flights and change them any time I want myself. I've also done two price reductions and have been notified directly by DL (KLM) as to a slight time change.

This has all worked out so well but this July cruise won't be sailing and will be cancelled very soon.

I booked my air when it first opened and will certainly consider booking cruiseline again.

My air payment isn't due until my final due date May...

Once I booked the air portion it it never showed pending...it was booked and confirmed.

Edited by Ashland