Will Windstar require the vaccine?

caymancouple

We are waiting for the answer too. We have 2 cruises scheduled in 21 with WS, fingers crossed. Seriously, I do not see them NOT requiring the vaccine. It would be foolish. As a company safety has always come first. That tradition needs to be continued. Everyday a new cruise line  requires vaccines and most are vaccinating their crew. Happy Sailing

My feeling is that enough cruise lines have announced they will require the vaccine that it has become the 'best practice' and any cruise line that doesn't will be subject to major liability if anything goes wrong.  Since every cruise line has a lawyer looking a this, I'm sure they all got this memo!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 5:02 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

My feeling is that enough cruise lines have announced they will require the vaccine that it has become the 'best practice' and any cruise line that doesn't will be subject to major liability if anything goes wrong.  Since every cruise line has a lawyer looking a this, I'm sure they all got this memo!

I hope so.  Have decided to dray my feet for a week. 

@caymancouple

As I mentioned in another post WS wants to keep passengers in a protective "bubble". This from a vendor I'd love to see approved by WS. If they want to keep us isolated like this can't imagine why they would not require vaccines. Yet WS still has a 6/10/21 cruise on the books from Papeete and not a word from those cruisers about vaccine requirement. Fingers crossed!

I also looked at PG cruises in mid-June and not a word about imposing that passengers have the vaccine. Or be limited to ships excursions. The last post was from someone looking to book Ato's tour in Fakarava in June.

• Like 1

The answer is yes, Windstar is requiring the vaccine per an email we received from them this morning. Also, they are requiring a negative test result within 72 hours of boarding and will be doing a second test on the pier.

I'm a bit concerned about handling the timing for getting tested 72 hours before an Athens departure. Either we get tested right before leaving and get results electronically and don't plan on much leeway for flight delays and un-jet-lagging before the cruise or we get a test in Athens.