CDC to Keep Severe Restrictions at Least Until November

stevenr597

The CDC has announced that they have no intention of reducing their severe restrictions in respect to cruise ships operating in American waters any time soon.
https://cruisefever.net/cdc-says-order-limiting-cruises-will-stay-in-effect-until-november/?fbclid=IwAR36rjTRYMOzR_wfr0DSJGO7criLjtyeIFyx0PShELWXtAY1AUp9gL0S8Bg

99 days ( or so ) until 7/1/21 - the next Princess scheduled cruise ...

a 7 day cruise on 7/3/21 has a final payment date of 4/4/21 ... about 10 days

next Princess "pause" ???

This Really REALLY smells political to me now. Someone in the CDC has a beef with “someone” out there in the industry. Something personal is going on between someone and someone. Reminds me of the ValuJet-FAA debacle. Someone at the CDC is out for blood. They’re not going to stop the operators and vacationers - because the operators will just bypass the USA; thereby crippling the US port tourism businesses. The US airlines will benefit most, by increased sales - transporting US vacationers to foreign airports to embark. 

And I still don’t understand the difference of staying at an all -inclusive resort, a JW Marriott, a Disney hotel ......not to mention a cruise ship departing from SXM. But they say that is different from a floating hotel ship? No way. Time to revamp the CDC leadership and figure out who the mole is. Who’s got the vendetta. I’m telling ya ...... look at the similarities of the ValuJet aftermath. 

On 3/25/2021 at 6:43 AM, CruizinKittie40 said:

I was ready to cancel my cruise then I realized this was just American waters.  It will be interesting to see if European cruises will sail before then

Looks like some of the European and Caribbean cruises are to begin June/July. Canada is a "no go' until 2022 and USA is dragging their feet. 

On 3/25/2021 at 7:50 AM, JohnBergless said:

This Really REALLY smells political to me now. Someone in the CDC has a beef with “someone” out there in the industry. Something personal is going on between someone and someone. Reminds me of the ValuJet-FAA debacle. Someone at the CDC is out for blood. They’re not going to stop the operators and vacationers - because the operators will just bypass the USA; thereby crippling the US port tourism businesses. The US airlines will benefit most, by increased sales - transporting US vacationers to foreign airports to embark. 

And I still don’t understand the difference of staying at an all -inclusive resort, a JW Marriott, a Disney hotel ......not to mention a cruise ship departing from SXM. But they say that is different from a floating hotel ship? No way. Time to revamp the CDC leadership and figure out who the mole is. Who’s got the vendetta. I’m telling ya ...... look at the similarities of the ValuJet aftermath. 

It's always politics 24/7...don't let anyone kid you as as there is a "less than business friendly" admin in power right now