Disney Magic UK Staycations

alistairg

I wondered that. I have done two Disney cruises in the past, but got a good last minute deal on them. Normally their European prices do seem excessive to me.

Their 2022 European Magic cruses are priced at £4000 for the first two people in a balcony per week. That is almost exactly double the price of an Anthem cruise in 2022. Disney prices their balcony rooms similar to a RCI Junior Suite.

I would guess that they will be looking for at least £500 a cabin a night for two people. 

On 4/1/2021 at 2:44 PM, alistairg said:

Does anyone know when these go on sale? They just say April on the website and I want to compare the prices to MSC.

If past history is anything to go by Disney prices will be at least double that of MSC with not as many perks.

Many MSC itineraries are now showing to be fully booked.

I expect Disney to be expensive, but I would pay more up to a point as I think there would be more to do on a round UK Disney cruise.

I wonder if Disney have an issue getting permission for these cruises. The only cruise line not insisting on vaccinations is MSC and they have months of experience of this protocol. Disney do not have this experience and I would't be surprised if the government wants their passengers vaccinated which is a problem as you would expect most people with kids of Disney age to be under 50.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:44 PM, alistairg said:

Does anyone know when these go on sale? They just say April on the website and I want to compare the prices to MSC.

From their website:

When to Book

• 14th April 2021: Platinum Members (By Phone Only)
  • 15th April 2021: Platinum and Gold Members (By Phone Only)
  • 16th April 2021: Platinum, Gold and Silver Members (By Phone Only)
  • 19th April 2021: All Guests (By Phone and Online)

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/featured/advance-booking-uk-staycations/

• Like 1

The website has changed to say just Southampton and Liverpool and the individual dates have been removed.

I was all set for Newcastle as it is just a short trip for me from Edinburgh.

Will have to reassess again. Not sure it is worth going to Southampton for a 3 night cruise.

Of course it may just be a glitch, but it seems odd to change the wording so specifically.

Edited by alistairg

Hi,

Does seem odd they have taken out the wording for two departure ports. Guess we may know more when the 14th booking window opens for any platinum members. 

Has anyone seen what Disney are doing for the rules around vaccination requirements and/or testing for these UK only sailings?

I think it’s all to do with social distancing, according to Gov after 21st June remaining measures will be stopped. (Whether that happens or not to be seen) 

Maybe it’s not viable for them to run half full or don’t want to affect the experience for customers. I would predict the majority haven’t experienced Disney before and don’t want to effect 1st impressions. 

So I think they’ve pushed it back to accommodate that. Although not ideal for those when schools are back in September. 

Very excited by this especially as they seem to be only DCL and MSC that will allow unvaccinated guests (although I would probably have my first one done by then) 

Anyone have an idea of price for a family of 4? I’m guessing it will be expensive, I’m thinking 3 nights for roughly £3000?

5 hours ago, Thewild_cruiser said:

Disney have announced on their website for fully vaccinated guests over 18 years of age.

That will make it difficult for a lot of parents with younger children, many will not have had first shot yet.

4 hours ago, easy1234 said:

In case anyone is wondering what I am talking about, Disney science is requiring everyone over 11 to wear masks *at all times* outside their stateroom, even when eating. It goes like this at a restaurant: get your food, take off your mask to take a bite and put it back on when you chew. This applies to fully vaccinated adults (and Disney requires all adults to be vaccinated) which all current data show do *not* spread covid (except in the .005% of breakthrough cases). Want to watch a movie on the funnel vision and no one is around? Wear a mask! Want to sit on the port deck chairs at 11pm when the closest person is 1000ft away, wear a mask! Why? Disney science!

Now according to Disney science, children under 11 do not spread covid so they do not need to wear masks anywhere on the boat, though it is encouraged. So according to Disney science, fully vaccinated adults can spread covid and need to wear masks, but not children who cannot get vaccinated.

Hope DCL goes out of business!

how do you know that? I’ll be honest a lot of the information on their website, is quite off putting.