Tauranga cruise ships visits next year

14 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

With the work you do for Meals on Wheels you should be high on the list, Les.

Management encourages us to have the jab, but they cannot insist on it, at this stage. The doses arriving down here, like 80 per week are totally inadequate. The whole system is inadequate, at this rate it will take 3 years to vaccinate the entire Eurobodalla Shire.  So if you want to travel overseas next year from here by ship or plane and covid vacc is mandatory, good luck.

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Well I rang and arranged our shots this morning. ONE THING TO BE AWARE OF is that you still have to get your flu shots but they must be at least 6 weeks away from your Covid shots. So to be covered for the Flu we get our Flu shots next Wed 7th April, our first Covid shot Wed 19th May, and our second Covid shot another six weeks on Wed 30th June.

So if you need Flu shots as well as Covid shots then my advice is GET YOUR FINGER OUT.

Central Coast must be getting good supplies of the covid serum. Down here you cannot ring and book your shot nor book online. The Batemans Bay medical centre is the appointed vacc centre. I am in the 1b group and a registered patient at the centre, but no priority for a jab, i reckon i will be waiting until end of year. But i do not really care.

Edited by NSWP

36 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Management encourages us to have the jab, but they cannot insist on it, at this stage. The doses arriving down here, like 80 per week are totally inadequate. The whole system is inadequate, at this rate it will take 3 years to vaccinate the entire Eurobodalla Shire.  So if you want to travel overseas next year from here by ship or plane and covid vacc is mandatory, good luck.

I think the number of doses will increase as the Australian-produced vaccine ramps up.

Rolf gets his first jab tomorrow. He was able to book it at our regular medical centre.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NSWP said:

Central Coast must be getting good supplies of the covid serum. Down here you cannot ring and book your shot nor book online. The Batemans Bay medical centre is the appointed vacc centre. I am in the 1b group and a registered patient at the centre, but no priority for a jab, i reckon i will be waiting until end of year. But i do not really care.

Population of CC was 333,000 + at last count 4 years ago, a heap of places to get the shot but are booked months in advance. Being 76, wife 72, and both diabetics helps in priority.

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

Population of CC was 333,000 + at last count 4 years ago, a heap of places to get the shot but are booked months in advance. Being 76, wife 72, and both diabetics helps in priority.

Did my Meals on Wheels stuff this morning and we have a registered nurse who works as a MOW vollie and is an RN at a high care aged care facility, 120 beds near me. She quietly told me, no one one at her work place, nurses, carers, admin, nor residents had received a covid jab. There is hardly any supply coming down here, as I said before. Alarming.

Our Medical Centre seemed quite busy with the vaccinations. It only has a small waiting area so I guess they are limited to how many they can do at a time as you have to wait 15 minutes after having the shot before leaving. Still, in the time we were there 5-6 people had shots.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Did my Meals on Wheels stuff this morning and we have a registered nurse who works as a MOW vollie and is an RN at a high care aged care facility, 120 beds near me. She quietly told me, no one one at her work place, nurses, carers, admin, nor residents had received a covid jab. There is hardly any supply coming down here, as I said before. Alarming.

Not good enough, Les!  Why don't you contact your Member of Parliament?  Is your Member a member of Liberal/National Govt.?  Make a list of all the eligible class of people who should have been vaccinated by end of March - just the facts!  If no success, contact TV or Radio news?  Plus social media if that is up your alley.  You have to be the squeakly week.  I never met a politician who wanted to loose his seat (yes they were all men).  

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Our Medical Centre seemed quite busy with the vaccinations. It only has a small waiting area so I guess they are limited to how many they can do at a time as you have to wait 15 minutes after having the shot before leaving. Still, in the time we were there 5-6 people had shots.

Seems smaller medical centres are doing better.  My friend and her husband were to be vaccinated this week.  Not sure if that happened because of lockdown. 

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

It is reported the States are holding on to their  stocks so as they can provided the second shot, which of course stops the iniital ones.

That's stupid, especially if they are adopting the twelve weeks between shots method. In twelve weeks there will be a lot more vaccine coming out of the Australian labs so there shouldn't be an issue.  

Of course, whoever reported that could be just stirring. We all know how fond the media is of conjuring "facts" out of thin air. 🙄

• Like 1

That's stupid, especially if they are adopting the twelve weeks between shots method. In twelve weeks there will be a lot more vaccine coming out of the Australian labs so there shouldn't be an issue.  

Of course, whoever reported that could be just stirring. We all know how fond the media is of conjuring "facts" out of thin air. 🙄

I think it is fact.

Fairfax this morning

Only half of the nation’s aged care residents have been vaccinated in the past six weeks, falling well short of the government’s original plan to have all residents and workers vaccinated within that time.

The only aged care workers to have been vaccinated were a small number who happened to get doses left over from when residents had their appointments. In a departure from the original plan, the remainder must go to GP clinics or pop-up clinics to receive their vaccines.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/every-aged-care-resident-was-meant-to-be-vaccinated-by-this-week-but-half-of-them-are-still-waiting-20210331-p57fm8.html

Edited by Docker123

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

They shouldn't have started phase 1b until all aged care residents and workers had been vaccinated.

This is the first time I've seen NSW and Old on same side, with regard to vaccine roll out.  Maybe the Federal Govt will think twice before they start backgrounding against state Premiers, inc the Gold Star State!!

They shouldn't have started phase 1b until all aged care residents and workers had been vaccinated.

I agree Julie. I can't believe that so many have not been vaccinated. It is just madness.

My parents' GPs have not even mentioned the vaccine to them and of course they forget to ask if they should have it. Their clinic is not doing the vaccines but the one across the road is.

Leigh

7 minutes ago, possum52 said:

I agree Julie. I can't believe that so many have not been vaccinated. It is just madness.

My parents' GPs have not even mentioned the vaccine to them and of course they forget to ask if they should have it. Their clinic is not doing the vaccines but the one across the road is.

Leigh

The States are definitely holding on to their supplies so as they can provide the second jab, as supplies are very slow. This Covid vaccination programme is going to take a couple of years at this rate.

9 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The States are definitely holding on to their supplies so as they can provide the second jab, as supplies are very slow. This Covid vaccination programme is going to take a couple of years at this rate.

Yes it would seem so Les. My son said last night, when I told him we were having our first covid jabs next week, that it will be 2023 by the time he gets his! 😁

I just spoke to my parents and Dad siad that he had his flu jab this morning and he had to fill in a form for both him and Mum as an expression of interest to have the Covid jab. Their clinic has no idea what is going on evidently.

Leigh

• Like 1

Apparently part of the delay aas not being able to get a large number of AstraZenica doses from Europe which were expected before the local doses were available. But instead of just slipping the schedule by a few weeks the Fed government decided to roll on to 1b before 1a was complete and the state governments appear to be unsure of what doses they w ill be getting so are floundering over the distribution. A typic snafu!

Rolf is having some very, very mild side effects from the vaccine today - his arm is a bit tender and he is feeling a bit lethargic. Nothing worse than from a flu shot and it shows the vaccine is doing what it's supposed to ie triggering the antibodies. 

• Like 1