Caribbean and South America 2022 - pricing?

It has been a while since I have been on this board - and  not seeing much chatter with regards to Marella itineraries in Caribbean and South America for winter 2022.

We were booked on Panama Experience in March 2020 which was cancelled. We now have a credit with the Canadian tour operator that we can use for land based or cruise  (Marella, MSC or NCL) packages. We are leaning with rebooking a cruise on Marella , but not the original itinerary as we have a similar holiday booked with HAL in December 2021 (fingers crossed). This time we are thinking about the Exotic Explorer as it hits ports we have not visited.

The pricing is not available yet with our supplier, but I am presuming the pricing will be similar to the 2020 pricing. As I see the pricing is up for UK folks - would you say it is generally in line with 2020 for those itineraries ?

Exotic  Explorer looks a fabulous trip and Explorer 2 is a lovely ship.  Price wise all cruises seem to have gone up in price but I guess that's to be expected given what we have all been through. Cruise companies like so many will want to cover their losses. Whether it's best to book early or wait is the million dollar question. Good luck.

Thanks Dronnygirl,

I am always an early booker - just like having a trip to look forward to! I agree the prices have to go up for future cruising, but oddly so far cruises in 2021 that we have been looking at have not reflected that yet. I expect there may still be some wooing in offers from the cruise lines to get people booking again?

For this particular cruise, I am letting the price pick our trip. With the credit we have, I can get a Caribbean cruise itinerary we like on MSC for the credit we have. If I can get the Marella cruise at the same price point for our current credit, we go with Marellla, if not, we take the MSC cruise. The price will be a coin flip  decision for us. 😀

Of course now that I have been looking at the Explorer 2 youtube videos - my heart is hoping for Marella. But then again, we have not tried MSC and it is a new ship ... sigh....

Well - I'm happy to report that our Canadian supplier is now posting the Marella winter 2021/22 cruise options with pricing. It is about only a 5% increase from the 2019/2020 pricing, so I am quite happy with that!

It looks like the credits from our cancelled 2020 cruise will now be used on Marella Explorer 2 on the Exotic Explorer itinerary  in March 2022! . 😀