Kiwi Kruzer has passed away :-(

Hi Guys

I have some sad news to share with you all, I got a e-mail from a good friend of Kiwi Kruzer (David) to tell me that:

Kiwi Kruzer aka David passed away on 9th February 2021. 😞  😭

This is part of the e-mail I received:

He had been in hospital for an operation that couldn’t be completed but the expectation was he would heal and be ok.

Unfortunately he got a chest then lung infection and couldn’t come back from there and after 10 in ICU he passed quietly away with family and myself with him.

I am so Sorry for the delay in posting this sad news, but I have only found the e-mail that was sent to me on the 9th March 2021, as the e-mail was in my junk folder.

How sad that is, terrible news. David was a veteran contributor to Cruise Critic.  His pictures were legendary. Rest in Peace.

My condolences to David and his friends and family.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 2

So sad to learn the news of David's passing. Cruise Critic will be the poorer for his absence, as he was a wealth of cruise knowledge, which he selflessly shared with everyone.  I looked forward to reading his input. 

Thank you for letting all David's friends on Cruise Critic know of his passing, Kiwi_cruiser.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

So sad to learn the news of David's passing. Cruise Critic will be the poorer for his absence, as he was a wealth of cruise knowledge, which he selflessly shared with everyone.  I looked forward to reading his input. 

Thank you for letting all David's friends on Cruise Critic know of his passing, Kiwi_cruiser.  

My condolences to David's family and loved ones.  I hope he will soon be compiling pending cruise lists in heaven. 

• Like 1

We cruised with David in 2010 on the Diamond Princess from Singapore to Sydney. He was a lovely man, and I always enjoyed his posts on CC

Sincere condolences to his family 

Tanya 

• Like 1

We sailed with David and his parents on the 28 day Pacific Pearl cruise to Tahiti in July 2011. Such fond memories of them on the cruise and especially Patrick’s Tour out of Bora Bora that his Dad organised on the CC roll call. We often used to chat with David during the cruise. The whole family were passionate cruises. Our thoughts are with his family and friends, Vale David- you were a cruising legend.

Jenny and Mark

40 minutes ago, JJG99 said:

We sailed with David and his parents on the 28 day Pacific Pearl cruise to Tahiti in July 2011. Such fond memories of them on the cruise and especially Patrick’s Tour out of Bora Bora that his Dad organised on the CC roll call. We often used to chat with David during the cruise. The whole family were passionate cruises. Our thoughts are with his family and friends, Vale David- you were a cruising legend.

Jenny and Mark

@JJG99 - I think you might have got the Kiwi Kruzer's and me Kiwi_cruiser (Stu) confused 😉

David never had the chance to cruise on the Pacific Pearl nor would he done such a long cruise as at that time.

I think you are talking about me (Who is still alive) 🙂

We did the 28 day Pacific Pearl cruise to Tahiti in July 2011! 😎, that was a great cruise!

• Like 1

I sincerely apologise for any hurt that I may have caused to those involved, particularly David’s family and friends, for my mistake in incorrectly recognising the correct CC name. Trust me it was an innocent mistake, one that I will never repeat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JJG99 said:

I sincerely apologise for any hurt that I may have caused to those involved, particularly David’s family and friends, for my mistake in incorrectly recognising the correct CC name. Trust me it was an innocent mistake, one that I will never repeat.

Don't worry, many people have confused the two, because of the similar CC names, over the years.  

• Like 1