The Vaccine Card, Laminate, Yes, No

roger001

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

You all are obsessing over something that does not make a difference. If you get a booster it will only be the most recent shot that means anything. Otherwise you would not need a booster. So it does not matter if the booster is recorded on your first card or a new card. 

You do realize that if you have a card that simply has 'proof' of a single shot, there's no way to see that it was your 3rd booster if the other 2 shots are not on there. Until there is a robust and universal electronic database showing all doses, you need to maintain that paper trail. Please stop dismissing the importance of record keeping when in fact we are all just guessing at this point.

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

You do realize that if you have a card that simply has 'proof' of a single shot, there's no way to see that it was your 3rd booster if the other 2 shots are not on there. Until there is a robust and universal electronic database showing all doses, you need to maintain that paper trail. Please stop dismissing the importance of record keeping when in fact we are all just guessing at this point.

If you keep the first card and get a new card with the third shot then you would have a paper trail. The record does not have to be on one card.

However logically if it turns out we need boosters every year or every two years, whatever time period, then the first two shots we had will not be relevant. Only the current shot will be valid for you to be immunized. So you would only need a card issued with the latest shot. 

As far as a database my state Maryland, does have robust a state database showing all doses. Too bad every state does not. As you live in New York I believe your state does have a robust database. 

Edited by Charles4515

States have an electronic database of the vaccinations but unfortunately many don’t seem to let you get the records from the database.  My state does let residents get their vaccination record. It works really nice. I was able to download and print an official Maryland certificate of COVID 19 vaccination that has the dates of my doses, the type of vaccine and lot number. 

BFE3C1CA-B2D3-473B-B28D-34D4A55D8165.jpeg

7 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

States have an electronic database of the vaccinations but unfortunately many don’t seem to let you get the records from the database.  My state does let residents get their vaccination record. It works really nice. I was able to download and print an official Maryland certificate of COVID 19 vaccination that has the dates of my doses, the type of vaccine and lot number. 

BFE3C1CA-B2D3-473B-B28D-34D4A55D8165.jpeg

Wish NY had this - we don't. (yet). There is a NYS site where children's vaccines are recorded by providers - but only providers have access to what is on the site.

As part of this effort, the New York State legislature passed the Immunization Registry Law which, as of January 1, 2008, requires health care providers to report all immunizations administered to persons less than 19 years of age, along with the person's immunization histories, to the New York State Department of Health using the New York State Immunization Information System (NYSIIS).

The goal of the new immunization information system is to establish a complete, accurate, secure, real-time immunization medical record that is easily accessible and promotes public health by fully immunizing all individuals appropriate to age and risk.

An immunization information system provides numerous benefits to all those involved in the health care of children, contributing to a higher immunization rate and a healthier population.

On 4/1/2021 at 1:25 PM, DoctorFeelgood said:
  • The current global standard is the "International Certification of Vaccination or Prophylaxis" authorized by the World Health Organization. Most of us recognize this as a piece of yellow cardstock that folds in half to about the length and width of a business card. (They come in different colors depending on the era and the country issuing them.)  You may have got one from a travel medicine clinic when they gave to vaccinations for things like Yellow Fever for travel to third world or tropical countries. It's realistic to think that some countries you may want to travel to would not take the white CDC card because it's not WHO-approved.

FWIW:  We took our ICVP cards with Yellow Fever and other travel-related vaccinations with us when we went for our first COVID-19 vaccination dose and the pharmacist was happy to record the COVID-19 information on that card as well, and reminded us to bring both cards back for the second dose.  

I laminated my social security card ages ago - it would have never survived 20 times over if not. In my state until recently you could not request a replacement without a lot of in person red tape. Now lamination is explicitly forbidden, and showing mine at an SS office recently nearly caused a swat team to be brought in.

The oversize of this vaxx card is silly - they better accept a folding crease and 90% bleach out from real life sweaty use.

I laminated my SS card ages ago, as well. Hope no swat teams show up.  

My original vaccine card is in an old bank book plastic holder. Fits perfectly. No copies made yet. No plans on traveling anywhere anytime soon. Unless it’s Robert Moses Beach. Hope the sharks don’t show up again this summer. Fingers crossed. 

Stay safe everyone. 

• Like 1

Don't laminate it.  If you want to carry it with you, just put it in a small plastic sleeve/pouch with a seal (similar or same thing they sell jewelry items in and they come in different sizes).  You can even get a clear badge sleeve with a seal.  Both I mentioned are sold on Amazon.

• Like 1

The card we got for our first doses listed the log number and some other info in very small print at the bottom of the stickers.  Both were slightly mispositioned in the printer, so they show half the info for the previous shot and half the info for our shots.  Neither has a readable lot number.  Do we know if a readable lot number will be required when using these things?  We go back for our second shots Friday, and I may ask them to either reprint the first shot records or to write the lot numbers next to the stickers.  Thanks.

In the UK we have a nationwide online system/app. This is not a vaccination passport but tied to the NHS (National Health Service) you can show/see when you had each vaccination, what type it was and batch number.

You can also see your medical health history and order repeat medication to be sent to your chosen pharmacy.

I can't see the laminated cards being accepted to easy to forge. Europe will eventually have a vaccination passport.