All Things Virtuosa UK

Addicted2Ships

8 minutes ago, navyjas said:

....Posting this as a warning to others on Aurea to check their package and get told I'm on the "wind up".  The joys of internet forums, and wonder why I've never posted before!

My sincere apologies, although I did use the 'may be...' phraseology! Unfortunately we do get these types of posters often, but I accept your posts are genuine.

My belated (much too late) thanks for the heads up, we too are considering Aurea so I will pick this up with my TA if we do decide to book.

8 minutes ago, navyjas said:

Thanks Heather.

if you don’t mind I have screenshot your reply e.mail from MSC ,  removing your name , to post on the group. They are already arguing among themselves about what individuals should be getting which is the Premium  package across all cabin grades . Sometimes computer systems don’t have the ability to override. I hope you get it sorted , maybe go back to the original cabin grade . We only ever book Bella and have been happy with the experience as we rarely use room service .

39 minutes ago, heatherb1958 said:

if you don’t mind I have screenshot your reply e.mail from MSC ,  removing your name , to post on the group. They are already arguing among themselves about what individuals should be getting which is the Premium  package across all cabin grades . Sometimes computer systems don’t have the ability to override. I hope you get it sorted , maybe go back to the original cabin grade . We only ever book Bella and have been happy with the experience as we rarely use room service .

Hi Heather, I don't mind if you post with my name removed, thank you.

I'd just like to see it sorted for everyone - it leaves a foul taste to advertise one thing and then to change peoples bookings to take away benefits after they've paid.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, navyjas said:

Hi Heather, I don't mind if you post with my name removed, thank you.

I'd just like to see it sorted for everyone - it leaves a foul taste to advertise one thing and then to change peoples bookings to take away benefits after they've paid.

Here is a screen shot from the website clearly showing Premium for ALL cabin grades . Not the start you wanted for your cruise booking experience with MSC , fingers crossed you get sorted soon . Good luck. Send this screenshot in a reply to them !! 

47CC154A-C4D9-432D-A865-E671882500C3.jpeg

Hi Heather,

I sent exactly that to them this morning.  As well as an e-mail they sent me after upgrading to Aurea confirming the premium would apply.

It seems none of them can agree.  Beggars belief they run a promotion like this and then argue with customers about it!.

Will keep the thread updated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, navyjas said:

Hi Heather,

I sent exactly that to them this morning.  As well as an e-mail they sent me after upgrading to Aurea confirming the premium would apply.

It seems none of them can agree.  Beggars belief they run a promotion like this and then argue with customers about it!.

Will keep the thread updated.

I've spoken to MSC on your behalf as I was horrified at what you were told.

I said I was considering the upgrade to Aurea myself, (I'm not).

The lady I spoke to was very surprised and said the confusion is purely down to the Easy Drinks package which comes as standard with Aurea. The current All Inclusive sailings superceed this and you will definitely have Premium.

As soon as I receive the email confirming this, I will post it here. 

Hope this helps.

Andy 🙂

Edited by Addicted2Ships

Thanks, that'd be useful.

I've one e-mail saying its premium, another saying it's not.

In my account it's been removed.

Of course, it doesn't matter what I have on e-mail - if I get on board and the premium drinks isn't on my booking - then I can't imagine they will do anything about it.

And who needs the hassle on holiday?

I have raised a complaint. If they listen! They don't seem very cooperative.

Edited by navyjas

2 minutes ago, navyjas said:

Thanks, that'd be useful.

I've one e-mail saying its premium, another saying it's not.

In my account it's been removed.

Of course, it doesn't matter what you have on e-mail - if you get on board and the premium drinks isn't on your booking - then I can't imagine they will do anything about it.

And who needs the hassle on holiday?

I have raised a complaint. If they listen! They don't seem very cooperative.

It will all come good. You are entitled to it, even on Bella. 🙂

26 minutes ago, Shocked91 said:

When the sailings first went on sale it said the premium drinks package was only available when you booked with the Fantastica experience. It has since been changed to all experiences.

I booked Bella at midnight on the day they went on sale and got Premium. It can't have been listed for more than minutes if it was changed.

Andy 🙂

3 hours ago, navyjas said:

Thanks, that'd be usefu

Finally got a response from MSC, after speaking to them this afternoon and chasing at 17:30 for my email....

"Good afternoon

Thank you for contacting MSC Cruises.

Regarding upgrade to the Aurea experience I can confirm your upgrade to the Aurea balcony will be inclusive of your complimentary Premium drinks.

The paperwork may reflect as "AUREA EXPERIENCE UPGRADE", which is the complimentary drinks upgrade to the premium."

29 minutes ago, navyjas said:

Good you have a positive confirmation.

If you try and buy the "Premium Plus" upgrade online, the fee applicable will be the price upgrading from Easy though.  

I guess this is a computer program glitch. The best way to do this is to call, or have your TA if it's booked that way, MSC and do it over the phone. My understanding is the cost of such is £13pppd.

55 minutes ago, navyjas said:

Good you have a positive confirmation.

If you try and buy the "Premium Plus" upgrade online, the fee applicable will be the price upgrading from Easy though.  

I won't be upgrading. I called them for you. It's a temporary All Inclusive offer for the UK sailings only, so as @hamragsays, speak to them. It will be 'Premium' and that's the most important thing. I'm not overly surprised the system doesn't recognise you are entitled to 'Premium' as it's built to recognise 'Easy' when Aurea is selected. 

Thanks

Andy 🙂

3 hours ago, hamrag said:

I guess this is a computer program glitch. The best way to do this is to call, or have your TA if it's booked that way, MSC and do it over the phone. My understanding is the cost of such is £13pppd.

On my booking there was the option to upgrade from Premium to Premium Plus @ £91pp and we were going to upgrade but the option is no longer showing, its just the full packages? 

18 hours ago, Shocked91 said:

When the sailings first went on sale it said the premium drinks package was only available when you booked with the Fantastica experience. It has since been changed to all experiences.

I booked at 4am in the morning on 1/4, and my Bella balcony had premium drinks... you’re saying it changed during the early hours in the morning? 

3 hours ago, NightWoman said:

On my booking there was the option to upgrade from Premium to Premium Plus @ £91pp and we were going to upgrade but the option is no longer showing, its just the full packages? 

Maybe they are slowing sorting out the computer systems!

I had it showing as £91 when my booking reflected premium to begin with.

Now it says upgrade to premium plus is £154 each. (thats the easy to premium plus price)

7 hours ago, little britain said:

I booked at 4am in the morning on 1/4, and my Bella balcony had premium drinks... you’re saying it changed during the early hours in the morning? 

I was up at 7am and it said Fantastica package. When we booked at 9.30am still said Fantastica.

8 hours ago, NightWoman said:

I just checked my 7 night reservation for August and it is showing the upgrade fee of £91 from Premium to Premium plus  🤷‍♀️ .

5B56DD0A-347B-4437-B08F-DA1C14EC4767.png