All Things Virtuosa UK

Addicted2Ships

20 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

It's weird I have never had it showing, they sure have a random system.

image.thumb.png.d9792dbae3c65b0c406eef11a4c50690.png

I received this from MSC customer services as I queried why the upgrade wasn't showing.

Many thanks for contacting us and your kind patience at this time.

Please be assured we are working on the issue faced with our website not allowing the upgrade option to be available and aim to have this fixed urgently.

In the meantime, you can make contact with your travel agent with your request should you wish to further enhance your sailing.

Warm regards,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I may have an answer to this (certainly for me), I noticed the screenshot above was on https://www.msccruises.co.uk but that my web browser was on https://prod-gl.msccruises.com/  I was all logged in correctly and must have been taken to that site from a link.

Out of interest I changed sites to https://www.msccruises.co.uk and now the upgrades are showing.

Make sure you are on the .co.uk site and not the .com site.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

I may have an answer to this (certainly for me), I noticed the screenshot above was on https://www.msccruises.co.uk but that my web browser was on https://prod-gl.msccruises.com/  I was all logged in correctly and must have been taken to that site from a link.

Out of interest I changed sites to https://www.msccruises.co.uk and now the upgrades are showing.

Make sure you are on the .co.uk site and not the .com site.

Glad you finally got it sorted now get it booked before it disappears 😆
I am tempted to upgrade but will stick to the Premium, plenty  enough drinks and cocktails on the menu for me try 😎 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heatherb1958 said:

I am tempted to upgrade but will stick to the Premium, plenty  enough drinks and cocktails on the menu for me try 😎 

Thanks for the information 

I've tried all 3 sites, unfortunately nothing showing on my booking 😒

30 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I've upgraded already!🤪

But I don't think much of the Specialty Restaurant deals - too much raw food & fish for my liking.

Regards,

Cublet

Can I ask please what speciality restaurant deals are available?

43 minutes ago, MISSGJ said:

Can I ask please what speciality restaurant deals are available?

I have these two showing in my account.

Book now two distinct experiences!
Includes:

• 1 dinner at our exclusive Indochine restaurant offering savoury selection of French-Vietnamese dishes, many of which can be served in a family style
  • 1 three-course dinner at our unique Butcher's Cut Steakhouse parlour offering exceptional beef breeds and cuts

Book now three distinct Dining Experiences!
Composed of three distinct Dining Experiences at selected Restaurants:

• Indochine Restaurant: Vietnamese cuisine heritage and tradition alongside a French influence in design, decor and a subtle sophistication
  • Kaito Sushi Bar: including sushi, sashimi and tempura delicacies crafted by expert sushi chefs, with more to discover at the bar
  • Butcher's Cut Steakhouse: including beef breeds and cuts from a glass-fronted meat-ageing fridge.

This package includes food only.

image.png.4c61055e744205f2fb054f9bd358b070.png

Edited by ziggyuk

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

I have these two showing in my account.

Book now two distinct experiences!
Includes:

• 1 dinner at our exclusive Indochine restaurant offering savoury selection of French-Vietnamese dishes, many of which can be served in a family style
  • 1 three-course dinner at our unique Butcher's Cut Steakhouse parlour offering exceptional beef breeds and cuts

Book now three distinct Dining Experiences!
Composed of three distinct Dining Experiences at selected Restaurants:

• Indochine Restaurant: Vietnamese cuisine heritage and tradition alongside a French influence in design, decor and a subtle sophistication
  • Kaito Sushi Bar: including sushi, sashimi and tempura delicacies crafted by expert sushi chefs, with more to discover at the bar
  • Butcher's Cut Steakhouse: including beef breeds and cuts from a glass-fronted meat-ageing fridge.

This package includes food only.

image.png.4c61055e744205f2fb054f9bd358b070.png

Thank you so much! Looks great!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NightWoman said:

Thanks for the information 

I've tried all 3 sites, unfortunately nothing showing on my booking 😒

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies and use a lap top not a phone ? 
if yes to all those I can only suggest you contact whom ever you booked with to have it added to your booking . Good luck.

On 4/11/2021 at 5:53 PM, penlanspice said:

It states drinks and food from room service menu so does that mean there's no charge for the American breakfast for example and the regular room service menu? Is the fee still payable?

Anyone know?

I wanted to know this as well - I've been doing some searching and haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer to what exactly is included yet.

5 hours ago, Wedgeh said:

I wanted to know this as well - I've been doing some searching and haven't been able to find a satisfactory answer to what exactly is included yet.

Anything on the 'door hanger' is included for room service breakfast. As for the other items, there should be info, but I cant put my hand to it atm. If I find it, I will post.

I know the door hanger menu was posted somewhere but cant find it right now. 

Andy 🙂

It's taken a LOT of searching through threads, but I have something...

For those asking about room service menus. They vary by sailing region so the attached from pic 2 onwards is for the US region. I've not been able to find anything for the Euro region, but will post if I find it.

Fantastica experience guests get free room service delivery between 6am and 11pm, but be aware this can also vary by region.

Hopefully this gives you a better idea, but don't take this as exhaustive.

Andy 🙂

Screenshot_20210413-182345_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210413-182403_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210413-182514_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20210413-182522_Chrome~2.jpg

Edited by Addicted2Ships
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2021 at 7:09 AM, little britain said:

To upgrade from premium to premium plus £13 per person per night.

Premium plus

Book now all drinks by the glass, with no price limit! 
Includes all Premium Package drinks plus:
* All wines and champagne by the glass
* Connoisseurs' selection of spirits
* All cocktails and Champagne cocktails
* Minibar
* Drinks and Food from room service menu
* Drinks from theme bar menus
* 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists

Premium 

Book now all drinks priced up to € 10! 
Includes all Easy Package drinks plus:
* Draught and bottled beers
* Wider selection of wines by the glass (sparkling, white-red-rosè)
* Wider selection of cocktails
* All Aperitifs (bitters and liqueurs)
* All Standard and Premium spirits
* Fresh fruit & vegetables cocktails
* Premium mineral water (75cl)

I do not know whether the Robot bar is covered by either package yet. I doubt it! 

Hi Little Britain, we were on Ovation at the same time, never sailed MSC, just wondering how they compare. Looking at a U.K. trip, desperate for a cruise 🚢😂xx

Edited by debgreg

10 hours ago, debgreg said:

Hi Little Britain, we were on Ovation at the same time, never sailed MSC, just wondering how they compare. Looking at a U.K. trip, desperate for a cruise 🚢😂xx

Hi! 
Their new ships are fantastic, stylish, arty, bling... their equivalent of the Promenade is far better than Independence! 
Service  is unobtrusive ( some may say slow): it’s all a bit more laid back. You used to get nibbles with your drinks.
Food subjective, smaller portions. Best pizza at sea and also mozzarella freshly made on board.

Lots of bars, lots of music and dancing, gentlemen from the Entertainment staff get ladies up on the floor to dance. 
Entertainment usually more visual/singing to cope with the different nationalities on board ( not an issue on uk sailings) 

I find them refreshingly different. Definitely worth a try. 

I did a review of my first cruise with them years ago - may be a bit out of date but will give you an idea. Sadly the pics are no longer there. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2461671-diamond-plus-tries-turning-black-on-msc/

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 7:18 PM, heatherb1958 said:

Have you tried clearing your cache and cookies and use a lap top not a phone ? 
if yes to all those I can only suggest you contact whom ever you booked with to have it added to your booking . Good luck.

Thank-you I have but it didn't make any difference. If the information isn't on the my booking next week I'll contact MSC again and my TA.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, little britain said:

Hi! 
Their new ships are fantastic, stylish, arty, bling... their equivalent of the Promenade is far better than Independence! 
Service  is unobtrusive ( some may say slow): it’s all a bit more laid back. You used to get nibbles with your drinks.
Food subjective, smaller portions. Best pizza at sea and also mozzarella freshly made on board.

Lots of bars, lots of music and dancing, gentlemen from the Entertainment staff get ladies up on the floor to dance. 
Entertainment usually more visual/singing to cope with the different nationalities on board ( not an issue on uk sailings) 

I find them refreshingly different. Definitely worth a try. 

I did a review of my first cruise with them years ago - may be a bit out of date but will give you an idea. Sadly the pics are no longer there. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2461671-diamond-plus-tries-turning-black-on-msc/

Thanks, going to book today 😊

14 hours ago, debgreg said:

We love MSC after doing the Status Match from RCI  in 2017 , have 60 nights with them now . Don’t be put off by the comments from people saying they will only do Yacht club with them , we have only ever done the Bella and Fantastica experience , only difference was free room service , don’t use , and a photo plus other bits we obviously didn’t need 😆.

I agree with everything LB said and especially the bit about the dancing , great for ladies who have reluctant husbands ! 😆
We like the shows , you may find some British acts signed up for these staycations , I know one of them who is regularly employed by MSC . There is live music in all bars , Virtuosa has two on the lower level of the Galleria . 
Your cabin will be turned down twice a day exactly like on RCI although maybe with these first cruises and Covid measures in the first instance it maybe once 😔. We did a Costa cruise Jan 20 and they only do your cabin once a day before Covid , you learn to work round it .

To be able to experience your first MSC cruise on a brand new ship is a bonus , go with an open mind and you’ll have fun. 

14 hours ago, debgreg said:

We're also regular RCL cruisers who have enjoyed our 2 MSC cruises and have booked for 8th June.

Here's a link to my Magnifica thread when she sailed from Southampton in 2018 which may give you some more ideas of what to expect.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2535285-just-boarded-magnifica/

• Like 1

We like the shows , you may find some British acts signed up for these staycations , I know one of them who is regularly employed by MSC . There is live music in all bars , Virtuosa has two on the lower level of the Galleria . 

That would be nice.

It will be interesting to see if they continue with the multi-language announcements and show introductions as it will be a UK only cruise. Maybe Italian and English only 🤞

31 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I hope so. I can’t imagine why they would bother with any other languages when it will be all UK residents sailing.

Exactly, I don't normally moan about it like some because I accept they need to cover the main European languages but it would make a nice change to have maybe just the two if the others are unnecessary.

• Like 1