All Things Virtuosa UK

Addicted2Ships

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

Exactly, I don't normally moan about it like some because I accept they need to cover the main European languages but it would make a nice change to have maybe just the two if the others are unnecessary.

I'm not even sure they will have Italian when all the passengers will be English speaking.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kernow said:

I'm not even sure they will have Italian when all the passengers will be English speaking.

I was just thinking as they are an Italian line they would not drop their first language.

8 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

That would be nice.

It will be interesting to see if they continue with the multi-language announcements and show introductions as it will be a UK only cruise. Maybe Italian and English only 🤞

When we cruised on Magnifica out of Southampton there was a female singer/piano player / comedian , for the life of me cannot remember her name but she was brilliant . Her act  reminded me of Victoria Wood , if you sat near the front she took the mickey out of you , brilliant humour . Of course the Italians  had no clue 😆

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

When we cruised on Magnifica out of Southampton there was a female singer/piano player / comedian , for the life of me cannot remember her name but she was brilliant . Her act  reminded me of Victoria Wood , if you sat near the front she took the mickey out of you , brilliant humour . Of course the Italians  had no clue 😆

OK, I have the name now , my person in the know reminded me 😆
Siobhan Phillips , she was on Britain’s Got Talent . A fun act , we all need a few laughs after the last  14 months we have all had , let’s hope MSC  bring on suitable entertainment. 

2 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

OK, I have the name now , my person in the know reminded me 😆
Siobhan Phillips , she was on Britain’s Got Talent . A fun act , we all need a few laughs after the last  14 months we have all had , let’s hope MSC  bring on suitable entertainment. 

So true, I love some of the comedy acts on ships, especially the late night adult-only ones they do occasionally, although adult they still keep it clean but have a bit more freedom.

• Like 1

• CC Help Jenn changed the title to All Things Virtuosa UK
On 4/9/2021 at 6:43 PM, Addicted2Ships said:

Finally got a response from MSC, after speaking to them this afternoon and chasing at 17:30 for my email....

"Good afternoon

Thank you for contacting MSC Cruises.

Regarding upgrade to the Aurea experience I can confirm your upgrade to the Aurea balcony will be inclusive of your complimentary Premium drinks.

The paperwork may reflect as "AUREA EXPERIENCE UPGRADE", which is the complimentary drinks upgrade to the premium."

I am so glad I found your thread. We booked Aurea and our confirmation stated the easy drinks package, but also mentions Aurea Experience Upgrade so I have just reached out to them for clarification. Fingers crossed they give me the same answer!

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ltss said:

I am so glad I found your thread. We booked Aurea and our confirmation stated the easy drinks package, but also mentions Aurea Experience Upgrade so I have just reached out to them for clarification. Fingers crossed they give me the same answer!

They have confirmed we get the premium package - they obviously haven’t updated their booking templates but all confirmed by email. looking forward to sampling the wine list again!

We're now in the same boat (excuse the pun!), we've been upgraded to Aurea and lost any mention of Premium in the process. We have also lost any mention at all of the non alcoholic package for the kids, with only the easy package listed for both adults.

Tried twice to get through on the phone this week, had to give up after waiting 20min and also no reply to an email I sent on Sunday. I'm disappointed not having any contact with them!

I'm wondering if everyone is on the same package (let's hope this materialises to be correct on the day) in order to minimise COVID risk by not having to scan cruise cards (or bracelets)?

Edited by Welshdoc

1 hour ago, Welshdoc said:

We're now in the same boat (excuse the pun!), we've been upgraded to Aurea and lost any mention of Premium in the process. We have also lost any mention at all of the non alcoholic package for the kids, with only the easy package listed for both adults.

Tried twice to get through on the phone this week, had to give up after waiting 20min and also no reply to an email I sent on Sunday. I'm disappointed not having any contact with them!

I'm wondering if everyone is on the same package (let's hope this materialises to be correct on the day) in order to minimise COVID risk by not having to scan cruise cards (or bracelets)?

This has been covered several times, everyone has the premium package so it won't be an issue, they have not updated the wording.
Confusing but nothing to worry about.

I'm sure they will have to scan the cards for their sales records, also some people will upgrade to premium plus.

On 4/28/2021 at 10:39 PM, ziggyuk said:

This has been covered several times, everyone has the premium package so it won't be an issue, they have not updated the wording.
Confusing but nothing to worry about.

I'm sure they will have to scan the cards for their sales records, also some people will upgrade to premium plus.

Check your booking confirmation - under the bit that states all your gratuities have been applied it should say AUREA EXPERIENCEUPGRADE", which is the complimentary drinks upgrade to the premium.