Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to you to David and to all on this board. If travelling, take care and look after yourselves.Ā 

Don't eat too many choccie eggs!Ā šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

Ā 

Why do we eat chocolate eggs at Easter?

Ā 

Leigh

Ā 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Happy Easter everyone. Ā Queenslanders can now attend church after the lockdown.Ā 

That is great news, Stations of the Cross was on today @ 3pm at my local RC Church, St.Bernards.

Ā 

Churches will be packed down here on Sunday too, as 50,000 Canberrans descend on the area for Easter. The locals hide, I am ok, went to Dan Murphys and Coles yesterday, stocked up.šŸ·šŸŸšŸ„©

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, NSWP said:

That is great news, Stations of the Cross was on today @ 3pm at my local RC Church, St.Bernards.

Ā 

Churches will be packed down here on Sunday too, as 50,000 Canberrans descend on the area for Easter. The locals hide, I am ok, went to Dan Murphys and Coles yesterday, stocked up.šŸ·šŸŸšŸ„©

I was lucky as I'd stocked up prior to the lockdown. Ā Do Canberrans look different to locals or have a different number plate?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I was lucky as I'd stocked up prior to the lockdown. Ā Do Canberrans look different to locals or have a different number plate?

They dress smarteršŸ˜ and their number plates are white with blue lettering, commencing in Y.Ā  Some of the feral locals down here call them YOGI's after the Y number plates.Ā  Some locals are hostile towards the visiting Canberrans, because of traffic congestion and crowding the shops, clubs etc, but they keep the town going with their $$ and many own holiday houses here. Like my street, 10 houses in it, 4 of which are holiday homes owned by Canberrans.

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

They dress smarteršŸ˜ and their number plates are white with blue lettering, commencing in Y.Ā  Some of the feral locals down here call them YOGI's after the Y number plates.Ā  Some locals are hostile towards the visiting Canberrans, because of traffic congestion and crowding the shops, clubs etc, but they keep the town going with their $$ and many own holiday houses here. Like my street, 10 houses in it, 4 of which are holiday homes owned by Canberrans.

My nephew and his family were in Bateman's Bay earlier in the week Les, they are now making their way back to Melbourne, overnighting along the way at a few towns.

Ā 

Leigh

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I'd have a holiday home at the Coast if I lived in Canberra also. Ā Canberra is a great place to visit and go to school/uni, but I'd have to be able to get out to the beach, my happy place.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

I'd have a holiday home at the Coast if I lived in Canberra also. Ā Canberra is a great place to visit and go to school/uni, but I'd have to be able to get out to the beach, my happy place.

If you have a spare 700,000 plus for a holiday house. In the past couple of months, the house on either side of me has sold, one as a family holiday house, $730,000 and $710,000. The Canberrans just snap them up, my letter box is always jammed with real estate flyers wanting to buy. I had a valuation on my place a few months ago, the agent had buyers on his books, I could have sold there and then and still could, hot market.

16 hours ago, possum52 said:

My nephew and his family were in Bateman's Bay earlier in the week Les, they are now making their way back to Melbourne, overnighting along the way at a few towns.

Ā 

Leigh

Did they like it down here?

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Did they like it down here?

'Up here'Ā for Victorians Les! Yes, by their social media posts they loved it.

Ā 

Leigh

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

'Up here'Ā for Victorians Les! Yes, by their social media posts they loved it.

Ā 

Leigh

Good to hear, of course Vics are up to NSW and we go down to Vic.

Ā 

I think we say the Canberrans are down, when they come to NSW Far South Coast, as they have to come down the Clyde Mountain on Kings Hwy and it is a south east drive.

Ā 

## Not a happy Easter for some, 0430 this morning, two adults and a child killed on Princes Hwy, Lake Tabourie, beteen here and Ulladulla. Single car crash, hit a tree. ##Ā  Ā Tragic, as they all are.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Ā 

## Not a happy Easter for some, 0430 this morning, two adults and a child killed on Princes Hwy, Lake Tabourie, beteen here and Ulladulla. Single car crash, hit a tree. ##Ā  Ā Tragic, as they all are.

Very sad Les. Deaths at holidays always seem worse for some reason. Rob's mother died from injuries received from a car accident at Christmas when he was 13 months old. Christmas was always very difficult for his father which quite often spoilt it for the rest of the family.

Ā 

Leigh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

If you have a spare 700,000 plus for a holiday house. In the past couple of months, the house on either side of me has sold, one as a family holiday house, $730,000 and $710,000. The Canberrans just snap them up, my letter box is always jammed with real estate flyers wanting to buy. I had a valuation on my place a few months ago, the agent had buyers on his books, I could have sold there and then and still could, hot market.

You are like me, property rich, cash poor! Ā Did you recently get a Land Tax bill or is that only on a State basis?. Ā Regularly you see houses with "for sale" signs here, with "sold" within a week. Ā Smart Real Estate Agents have people on their books for houses, as Northern Gold Coast is still inexpensive compared to Sydney/Melbourne. Ā I am on books for a Caloundra, Sunshine Coast Real Estate, because we holiday at Moffat Beach. The turnover up there is hard to believe, with prices going up by $100,000 since we first holidayed there a year ago.Ā 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

You are like me, property rich, cash poor! Ā Did you recently get a Land Tax bill or is that only on a State basis?. Ā Regularly you see houses with "for sale" signs here, with "sold" within a week. Ā Smart Real Estate Agents have people on their books for houses, as Northern Gold Coast is still inexpensive compared to Sydney/Melbourne. Ā I am on books for a Caloundra, Sunshine Coast Real Estate, because we holiday at Moffat Beach. The turnover up there is hard to believe, with prices going up by $100,000 since we first holidayed there a year ago.Ā 

Land Tax Bill, what is that?Ā No, I get a rates notice, $2500 a year. My house is my abode, I don't have a holiday house or investment properties.Ā  I would not say I am rich with a $720,000 house to my name.Ā 

But a lotto win would be handy to supplement my fortnightly superannuation pension from NSWP.

Ā 

Princess Cruises,Ā Qantas and local car dealers have taken most of my accrued savings in the past 17 yrs, lol.Ā  I am one of those idiots who has to have a new car every 4 years, lol.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

Very sad Les. Deaths at holidays always seem worse for some reason. Rob's mother died from injuries received from a car accident at Christmas when he was 13 months old. Christmas was always very difficult for his father which quite often spoilt it for the rest of the family.

Leigh

Sad news indeed. Ā Sad forĀ Rob also, as it effects the family members for life. Ā Always feel worse because often they are families on holidays. Ā I'll never forget the sound of a young girl howling for her friend still in a car following a car accident in Tasmania. Ā We had to wait to be let through past the car. Ā I knew the girl was dead, because there was no urgency to get her out. Ā I tried not to look as we eventually squeezed past, but I did. Ā She looked beautiful with not a mark on her above the window.Ā  I learnt later there was only one death in Tasmania over the holidays. Ā 

Our State Government seems extra worried about road accidents this Easter. Ā Today, because we are going to have a big rain event, they were asking people to drive safely, not drive through water, etc. Often our worst accident are on bush roads where people drive long distances for the holidays. Ā 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sad news indeed. Ā Sad forĀ Rob also, as it effects the family members for life. Ā Always feel worse because often they are families on holidays. Ā I'll never forget the sound of a young girl howling for her friend still in a car following a car accident in Tasmania. Ā We had to wait to be let through past the car. Ā I knew the girl was dead, because there was no urgency to get her out. Ā I tried not to look as we eventually squeezed past, but I did. Ā She looked beautiful with not a mark on her above the window.Ā  I learnt later there was only one death in Tasmania over the holidays. Ā 

Our State Government seems extra worried about road accidents this Easter. Ā Today, because we are going to have a big rain event, they were asking people to drive safely, not drive through water, etc. Often our worst accident are on bush roads where people drive long distances for the holidays. Ā 

Unfortunately I have attendedĀ tooĀ many of the above.šŸ‘®ā€ā™‚ļø

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDown Under said:

Rob has no memory of his mother, other than photos. Fortunately even after his father remarried when Rob was five or so, they remained very close to his mother's family.Ā 

Ā 

Yes, often accidents are on country roads when the driver doesn't know the conditions or the road. Rob, as a volunteer firefighter has attended many vehicle accidents where there were deaths,Ā  and that has affected him.

Ā 

LeighĀ Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Land Tax Bill, what is that?Ā No, I get a rates notice, $2500 a year. My house is my abode, I don't have a holiday house or investment properties.Ā  I would not say I am rich with a $720,000 house to my name.Ā 

But a lotto win would be handy to supplement my fortnightly superannuation pension from NSWP.

Ā 

Princess Cruises,Ā Qantas and local car dealers have taken most of my accrued savings in the past 17 yrs, lol.Ā  I am one of those idiots who has to have a new car every 4 years, lol.

Your principal house is Land Tax free so that is why you don't receive a Land Tax bill. Ā You are rich because you bought a house in a desirable beach area. Ā I was very lucky because Ā I worked with a girl whose father was an accountant. Ā He advised her when she married to live on only one wage. Ā I decided that sounded like a good idea so that is what we did. Ā We bought a house we could afford, when we married, then had a holiday unitĀ in two years, so I've paid Land Tax ever since. Ā I drive cars 1990s!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Rob has no memory of his mother, other than photos. Fortunately even after his father remarried when Rob was five or so, they remained very close to his mother's family.Ā 

Yes, often accidents are on country roads when the driver doesn't know the conditions or the road. Rob, as a volunteer firefighter has attended many vehicle accidents where there were deaths,Ā  and that has affected him.

LeighĀ Ā Ā 

That is good that Rob is close to his mother's family. Ā I like the way William's three children write cards to their "Granny Diana" as he knows it is important they remember her. Ā 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 10:51 AM, possum52 said:

Happy Easter to you to David and to all on this board. If travelling, take care and look after yourselves.Ā 

Don't eat too many choccie eggs!Ā šŸ˜€šŸ˜€

Ā 

Why do we eat chocolate eggs at Easter?

Ā 

Leigh

Ā 

Ā 

Iam not David ;), David passed away: - Kiwi Kruzer has passed away

I went to a Market Research group recently. The NSW State Government are considering doing away with stamp duty on property purchases. They will instead bring in a property tax based on the value of a property which can be paid off in a lump sum or quarterly like council. If quarterly is chosen and the property is sold the buyer will continue to pay property tax.