Jump to content

Miami-Dade Mayor Daniella Levine Cava statement on meeting with CDC to discuss safe return of cruising


Lil2Angelic
 Share

Recommended Posts

MIAMI ( April 01, 2021 )  

"We were very encouraged by our call today with CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky, Division Director Dr. Martin Cetron, and the CDC team to discuss the safe return of cruising in the U.S. I was impressed by the Director's knowledge of the industry and her empathy to the economic hardships that the loss of this business has caused. We are excited that the CDC will shortly be issuing new guidelines for a restart to cruising, taking into consideration the advancements made possible by the vaccine, and we are eager to work with the CDC and cruise industry as a positive partner and a resource. Some may want to sue, but we want to sail, and we are ready to collaborate to make sure the Cruise Capital of the World can lead the way to rebuild this critical industry."

 
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Oletruckdude said:

It's on the miamidade.gov website under mayor's press releases so it looks legit to me.

Finally some good news, I hope.

I hope so.  I would like to take  my August,  2021 cruise.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

I hope so.  I would like to take  my August,  2021 cruise.  

Says will give requirements to sail soon. ..whenever soon is. Add in inspections from dumping court case, 60 days to inspect ...still mock cruises and inspections?. Crossing my fingers too. I'm booked right behind you in sept on vista. I'm really tired of rescheduling. At least 3rd reschedule.

 

Cdc is saying dont meet with family for easter, so what cdc will say worries me. They are quickly losing their credibility. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found the "taking into consideration the advancements made possible by the vaccine" line to be particularly encouraging. If the technical requirement were released but were just as stringent as what was outlined in the CSO, I don't think it would have led anywhere. Those restrictions didn't seem economically viable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't want to be negative but ......... Talk is cheap . How many months ago did the CDC spell out their guidance for resumption of the cruise industry . And then nothing ! They are starting to get some heat so the Dr's empathy is nothing more then empty empathy ® . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I’m a bit psychic and rarely wrong and we have a cruise booked from Florida in August so I’m pretty sure this marks the GO line we’re waiting for. Just sayin’.

 

I also correctly predicted Carnival redeployment of ships after scrapping half of Fantasy class. Go ahead and start throwing those daggers. Also why isn’t this thread getting more traffic?

Edited by KmomChicago
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

I’m a bit psychic and rarely wrong and we have a cruise booked from Florida in August so I’m pretty sure this marks the GO line we’re waiting for. Just sayin’.

 

I also correctly predicted Carnival redeployment of ships after scrapping half of Fantasy class. Go ahead and start throwing those daggers. Also why isn’t this thread getting more traffic?

Cuz it was moved to a forum that gets less traffic.  I think it belongs both places.  Fortunately someone just re-posted it about ten minutes ago.  Hope your psycho predictions are right!!!  😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Cuz it was moved to a forum that gets less traffic.  I think it belongs both places.  Fortunately someone just re-posted it about ten minutes ago.  Hope your psycho predictions are right!!!  😁

 

Haha. I claimed to be psychic but I suppose that very statement may instead imply psycho, so thank you for the correction. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Says will give requirements to sail soon. ..whenever soon is. Add in inspections from dumping court case, 60 days to inspect ...still mock cruises and inspections?. Crossing my fingers too. I'm booked right behind you in sept on vista. I'm really tired of rescheduling. At least 3rd reschedule.

 

Cdc is saying dont meet with family for easter, so what cdc will say worries me. They are quickly losing their credibility. 

They lost credibility with me 6 months ago, way too political 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

I’m a bit psychic and rarely wrong and we have a cruise booked from Florida in August so I’m pretty sure this marks the GO line we’re waiting for. Just sayin’.

 

I also correctly predicted Carnival redeployment of ships after scrapping half of Fantasy class. Go ahead and start throwing those daggers. Also why isn’t this thread getting more traffic?

I sure hope your psychic is up to date as i have a Sept 2021 cruise out of Miami that i would love to go on

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...