U.K. bans travel from Philippines

Silver Spectre

On 4/2/2021 at 7:57 AM, Silver Spectre said:

The Philippines has been added to the U.K. Red List today, so that looks like a death knell for any hope of a Silversea cruise around or out of the U.K. for this summer.

I don't see why. The travel ban would prohibit crew from the Philippines from flying to London to join a ship, but if crew members leave the Philippines for some other landing spot, board a ship, and are traveling for weeks before the ship arrives in the UK, I doubt the travel ban would affect them or the ship. Surely the Red List cannot ban people solely by their nationality, if they have been out of the banned country for weeks or months, right?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, cruiseej said:

I don't see why. The travel ban would prohibit crew from the Philippines from flying to London to join a ship, but if crew members leave the Philippines for some other landing spot, board a ship, and are traveling for weeks before the ship arrives in the UK, I doubt the travel ban would affect them or the ship. Surely the Red List cannot ban people solely by their nationality, if they have been out of the banned country for weeks or months, right?

Good point.