Carnival Insurance Question

MistyRo76

So in my 23 years of cruising (18 cruises and counting), I have never purchased trip insurance thru Carnival.... until now that is! But with the craziness and uncertainty of the last year (shutdowns, illness, job loss, etc.), it opened my eyes to the “what ifs“. My travel partner and I both are getting the insurance for our 2022 cruise. My question is, what happens if something happens that causes one of us to not be able to go, but the other still wants to cruise. Am I correct in my understanding that since the person cancelling will be reimbursed thru the insurance company, the other person in the cabin can still cruise with no issues correct? Carnival is still whole as they keep the funds paid by the person who had a covered reason why they couldn’t complete the trip so they shouldn’t care about the other person continuing on. Do I have that right?? 

Thanks for educating me!! 

I think as long as the person is cancelling for a "covered reason" then yes.  But I think you should read the terms and conditions of the policy you purchased. And I believe it is actually specific to the state of residence, i.e. terms and conditions may be different depending on your state.  But I believe what I found holds for 33 of the 50 states.  

Here is what I found on the web, but again I suggest you read the "terms and conditions" of your policy.

Carnival_33_State_COI_v4.pdf