Insurance

Gingercruiser

34 minutes ago, Couple-Somerset said:

If GOV continue to ban UK cruises, the cruiseline must refund you - so insurance doesnt matter

I have just looked at the government advice as I have not looked for a while and it's wording does appear to exclude domestic cruises from the advice, this is the wording:

Our advice against cruises applies to international travel on a ship that is exclusively for pleasure or recreation, providing overnight accommodation and other leisure facilities such as entertainment venues or swimming pools.

Hello,

I have this from Staysure. Whilst there is cover, the limits (my BOLD) render it close to useless IMHO.

The persons named on the Staysure Validation Certificate for the abovementioned policy shall be covered up to the limits shown in the table of benefits within the policy wording document for pre-authorised Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses incurred on a ?Staycation? cruise solely around the British Isles.

This cover is subject to the normal terms, conditions and exclusions shown in the policy wording document and only applies where ?Cruise Cover? is shown on the Validation Certificate. The cruise must start and end during the period of cover shown on the Validation Certificate.

All Emergency medical and repatriation costs likely to exceed £350 must be pre-authorised by calling the 24hour Medical Emergency helpline shown on your policy documents. Any costs exceeding £350 not pre-authorised may not be covered by this policy.

Regards,

Cublet

Everyone with Staysure insure, just to make you adware although it included you for COVID (if you test positive) it doesn’t not cover you if you are contacted through Track and Trace to self isolate - I had written confirmation from them yesterday - and have cancelled my annual policy with them for this reason (see email attached)  

5746F0A4-BEC8-4648-B1B0-402C4D96769E.jpeg

Hello,

Cedartreeinsurance.com cover includes all the bells and whistles required by MSC (and P&O) as discussed herein. It too is underwritten by AXA and for me a week's cover is £5.00 cheaper than cover for you - every little helps!

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

Thought I would share this reply from another platform regarding MSC Insurance.

Dave, I paid 20€ in September 2020 for the MSC insurance Covid 19. It covers in case you get Covid before embarking ( refunds the cruise) and during. No other travel insurance insures pandemic diseases.
I don’t know if I will have to take MSC insurance COVID-19 for my cruise in September 2021.

Hello,

I would like to toss the following pebble and a boulder into the water and watch the ripples.

When we board the ship at Southampton, if we have to go through a customs & immigration process albeit by proxy performed by the pier clerks, won't we legally have left the country?

The Irish republic lays claim to all the coastal waters around the island of Ireland i.e.including the north.

Regards,

Cublet

39 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I would like to toss the following pebble and a boulder into the water and watch the ripples.

When we board the ship at Southampton, if we have to go through a customs & immigration process albeit by proxy performed by the pier clerks, won't we legally have left the country?

The Irish republic lays claim to all the coastal waters around the island of Ireland i.e.including the north.

Regards,

Cublet

“Lays Claim”, as per Argentina and the Falkland Islands?

Or the EU and the AZ vaccine?

Or Spain and Gibralter?

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Thought I would share this reply from another platform regarding MSC Insurance.

Dave, I paid 20€ in September 2020 for the MSC insurance Covid 19. It covers in case you get Covid before embarking ( refunds the cruise) and during. No other travel insurance insures pandemic diseases.
I don’t know if I will have to take MSC insurance COVID-19 for my cruise in September 2021.

Not sure what you are saying. The Cover for You insurance covers Covid both before and during the cruise. For our 4 night cruise it cost us £14.

9 minutes ago, kernow said:

Not sure what you are saying. The Cover for You insurance covers Covid both before and during the cruise. For our 4 night cruise it cost us £14.

Merely passing on information unlike the Prisoner ... 😁

• Like 1

Hello,

What my comments mean is that any insurance specifically for UK waters only, may be disputed - by someone.

This has nothing to do with Brexit but goes back to partition.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
data

I'm certainly waiting until MSC provide more information on their requirements.

I think we need hard facts from MSC, exactly what cover they need and what values are required.

My current free (with HSBC premier account) covers for covid related treatment while away even if traveling against government advice. It does not however cover me if I catch covid and can't travel, being vaccinated that would be unlikely.

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

What my comments mean is that any insurance specifically for UK waters only, may be disputed - by someone.

This has nothing to do with Brexit but goes back to partition.

Regards,

Cublet

There’s always “someone”, as you are aware.

As long as the Insured made correct declaration to Insurers, risk accepted, underwriters content and policy correctly issued, then “someone” can dispute all they wish, but without any substance.

Brexit?

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

British territorial water includes the cost of Norther Ireland.

main-qimg-f54376a0e67b494c479b6eb24ca3d02e

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

British territorial water includes the cost of Norther Ireland.

main-qimg-f54376a0e67b494c479b6eb24ca3d02e

Hello,

I am not here trying to start an argument, I am merely reporting the stated view of the Irish Republic. What this map does not show is/are the undisputed Irish Coastal waters.

Regards,

Cublet

Hello,

Pending further clarification on medical expenses on board, the new Covid-19 based travel insurance by Allianz Assistance meets the stated (thus far) requirements of MSC - including isolation - and was less than half the premium of Cover for you.

Regards,

Cublet

19 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I am not here trying to start an argument, I am merely reporting the stated view of the Irish Republic. What this map does not show is/are the undisputed Irish Coastal waters.

Regards,

Cublet

Here is a map of internationally recognised Irish (Fishing) Waters, sadly it does not show the waters disputed by “someone” in the Irish Republic (EU).  The Irish Republic not being an independent island state, therefore the “someone” can’t speak for the IE without authority from the EU..

0C4CD763-CE46-4D81-917F-364869FA1274.png

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

46 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Pending further clarification on medical expenses on board, the new Covid-19 based travel insurance by Allianz Assistance meets the stated (thus far) requirements of MSC - including isolation - and was less than half the premium of Cover for you.

Regards,

Cublet

Was that a single trip policy for that cruise  ? as looking at the Health declaration for Annual Policy  they do not cover pre existing conditions or even conditions likely to occur if taking blood pressure tablets/ cholesterol it would not cover a Heart attack or stroke, or am I missing something ?

https://booking.allianz-assistance.co.uk/images/3183TVL_(1)_0316_Health_dec.pdf

Edited by LifeonMars

On 4/11/2021 at 1:42 PM, kernow said:

Hi !

Did you purchase the Bronze or Silver package ? We are on the 24/05 4 day sailing and really just want one that covers MSC requirements !

Regards,

Mandy

37 minutes ago, GrandyMandy said:

Hi !

Did you purchase the Bronze or Silver package ? We are on the 24/05 4 day sailing and really just want one that covers MSC requirements !

Regards,

Mandy

We purchased the Silver with cruise cover and excess waiver. The only difference between them was the amount covered for cancellation, Silver is £2000pp. Medical and repatriation is the same for all levels (£15 million if I remember correctly).

19 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Here is a map of internationally recognised Irish (Fishing) Waters, sadly it does not show the waters disputed by “someone” in the Irish Republic (EU).  The Irish Republic not being an independent island state, therefore the “someone” can’t speak for the IE without authority from the EU..

0C4CD763-CE46-4D81-917F-364869FA1274.png

I know these cruises have 3 or 4 days at sea, but fishing from the cabin balcony or open decks......🤣

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, hamrag said:

I know these cruises have 3 or 4 days at sea, but fishing from the cabin balcony or open decks......🤣

A group of German cruisers, think on Celebrity, tried fishing from the back of the ship, their efforts were rewarded with a next port disembarkation.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kernow said:

We purchased the Silver with cruise cover and excess waiver. The only difference between them was the amount covered for cancellation, Silver is £2000pp. Medical and repatriation is the same for all levels (£15 million if I remember correctly).

Thank you.

2 hours ago, MISSGJ said:

Is there somewhere to easily see the level of insurance MSC require? I’ve looked on the website but am

struggling. 

I emailed MSC specifically about levels of cover required as I couldn’t see anything on the website either. This is the response I received.....

103BBF41-CABF-4E1E-87A0-692A1771DC3E.jpeg

Edited by CaroleC
  • Thanks 1