Planet Hollywood Cancun - LIVE - April 11-19th

Saint Greg

On 4/17/2021 at 2:45 PM, Hooked! said:

Looks like you’re a fan of those dark rum coladas. I never thought to order one with dark rum...it’s officially on my list! 

Try Kracken....with the Octopus on the label.  Good stuff.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2021 at 6:33 PM, HeyJut said:

. Odd that other travel agents would try to nab you

That's what is known as running the gauntlet.  Happens all the time in Cancun.  Similar to the vendors at the Straw Market in Nassau or in Jamaica for a cruise reference.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 1:44 AM, Saint Greg said:

Its supposed to be a separate resort. We’re supposed to have access to the other side but they aren’t supposed to have access to this side. I don’t think that’s even explained to people staying on the other side. 
 There are going to be some unhappy people this week.

That's the problem with some of the larger resorts in Mexico as well as the Dominican Republic.  They build a family resort that has an adult section.  The adult section may have an adult only bar, pool, section of beach and restaurant, but you still have to interact with kids at times.  When this resort is at full capacity, you'll have to deal with kids at breakfast, lunch and most dinners and the shows. 

This is why when we go AI, we go adults only so we don't have to deal with this problem.

• Like 1

Thanks for the LIVE review Greg.  Stumbled across it a few days ago and decided to read it in sections.  What percentage are you looking at that your end of August MG cruise will actually go?  I'm at 50/50 for our Halloween sailing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That's the problem with some of the larger resorts in Mexico as well as the Dominican Republic.  They build a family resort that has an adult section.  The adult section may have an adult only bar, pool, section of beach and restaurant, but you still have to interact with kids at times.  When this resort is at full capacity, you'll have to deal with kids at breakfast, lunch and most dinners and the shows. 

This is why when we go AI, we go adults only so we don't have to deal with this problem.

And see that’s fine with me. I didn’t expect no interaction with kids. I just didn’t want kids in my swim out. The only places I really remember seeing a lot of kids though were at the shows and my 2nd and 3rd times on the lazy river. I don’t think there were a lot of kids at the resort.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

What percentage are you looking at that your end of August MG cruise will actually go?  I'm at 50/50 for our Halloween sailing.

I have no idea. Once the football schedule comes out I’m probably going to see if I can fit in a December Mardi Gras cruise. Then if August gets canceled I can just roll my flights over to December. I’m already looking at AIs to replace my August Mardi Gras. 

9 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

And see that’s fine with me. I didn’t expect no interaction with kids. I just didn’t want kids in my swim out. The only places I really remember seeing a lot of kids though were at the shows and my 2nd and 3rd times on the lazy river. I don’t think there were a lot of kids at the resort.

But, if you were there at full capacity and if your inconsiderate neighbors were a family, would you have gone and tried to get some compensation like a spa treatment or whatever since a family was invading the adult area that you paid for?

4 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

But, if you were there at full capacity and if your inconsiderate neighbors were a family, would you have gone and tried to get some compensation like a spa treatment or whatever since a family was invading the adult area that you paid for?

That’s the part that shouldn’t be happening. The only reason it’s happening is because they haven’t finished the family side rooms. Once those are done they shouldn’t be putting any families on the adult side. As it is I didn’t see many. That first day I saw a parents with a young kid in the swimout. Never saw them after that. Then there was a middle-high school aged girl in the room next to me for the first couple days. Other than that I didn’t see or hear kids on the adult side until the last night when they moved in two doors down.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 8:49 AM, Saint Greg said:

I got an Instagram message from mad Max. He wanted me to come by the family lobby bar tomorrow to do some fancy flaming drink. Too bad I’m leaving. 

On 4/19/2021 at 9:01 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

Tell him to save it for me! 😆😆

On 4/19/2021 at 9:15 AM, Saint Greg said:

You gotta film it and post it on Instagram so I can link it though 

On 4/19/2021 at 9:26 AM, MeganGC1983 said:

Oh for sure!! 

It's all set. You may need to coordinate with him what days he's going to be in the main lobby (premier lounge). I'm guessing he can't do fire at that beach bar.

max.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

It's all set. You may need to coordinate with him what days he's going to be in the main lobby (premier lounge). I'm guessing he can't do fire at that beach bar.

max.jpg

Wahoo! Can’t wait!! I like that y’all communicated at 2:24am. That’s cute. 😆

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Not me. I sent my message during normal business hours. That was when he responded.

I’m also trying to imagine how that convo started... “so this girl I ‘know’ from Cruise Critic is coming in May...” 😆😆

Edited by MeganGC1983
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Was it @blarko that asked about my mail hold and informed delivery? I still got the mail alerts during the mail hold. And when I got home I found that my mail from friday was delivered not held. Typical. They always mess something up.

Sí señor.....‘twas I. Good to know. Thanks for remembering to share that info.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2021 at 6:08 PM, Saint Greg said:

There’s the bar out in the middle. Twist bar. There’s the movie theater that has movies at 7 and 10. I’m not sure there’s much else the night club on weekends.

As I'm going through this for my blog I just want to correct this mistake. The movies are at 4 and 7pm. 

1 hour ago, CruzinKristin said:

I'm booked at this resort in June.  Quick question:   When buying items at the shop, is cash needed or can everything be charged to the room?

My flip flops were a room charge that showed up on my final bill. Those were from the pier 27 store. I didn’t buy anything at the planet Hollywood store but I’m assuming it would be the same. The only thing I used cash for was tips.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Swim-out rooms at most AI’s typically include a long plunge pool off the outside patio that is shared by several rooms in that building. Nicer resorts have individual, private plunge pools off the patio...

[EDIT] Just realized this question was probably asked and answered earlier in this 59-page thread...!!!!! Wow...

Just a note, some incomplete info in this thread which is fine since it was a first-time visit. But just a reminder to others it is important to do your own research on destinations and resorts when planning to visit a new location. And the Cancun area (Benito Juarez) is very unsafe right now, there has been an uptick in the number of Covid-19 cases recently. So anyone currently considering or planning travel to this destination do your due diligence on the research. Travel sites geared to land travel with current information are very helpful...

There are actually many more areas to choose along the Riviera Maya south of the Cancun hotel zone that are doing a better job with the safety protocols, you can find current information for the areas on the various TripAdvisor forums (Puerto Morelos, Playa Del Carmen, Puerto Aventuras, etc), LocoGringo, or on Facebook.

Edited by blue_water

1 hour ago, blue_water said:

Swim-out rooms at most AI’s typically include a long plunge pool off the outside patio that is shared by several rooms in that building. Nicer resorts have individual, private plunge pools off the patio...

[EDIT] Just realized this question was probably asked and answered earlier in this 59-page thread...!!!!! Wow...

Just a note, some incomplete info in this thread which is fine since it was a first-time visit. But just a reminder to others it is important to do your own research on destinations and resorts when planning to visit a new location. And the Cancun area (Benito Juarez) is very unsafe right now, there has been an uptick in the number of Covid-19 cases recently. So anyone currently considering or planning travel to this destination do your due diligence on the research. Travel sites geared to land travel with current information are very helpful...

There are actually many more areas to choose along the Riviera Maya south of the Cancun hotel zone that are doing a better job with the safety protocols, you can find current information for the areas on the various TripAdvisor forums (Puerto Morelos, Playa Del Carmen, Puerto Aventuras, etc), LocoGringo, or on Facebook.

What's the incomplete information? There's nothing unsafe about this resort. It's a 30 minutes north of Cancun. It's not a situation where people are just walking off of the resort and going somewhere. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, blue_water said:

“Just a note”, this resort isn’t even in Benito Juarez. It’s in the Isla Mujeres municipality.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1