Planet Hollywood Cancun - LIVE - April 11-19th

Saint Greg

32 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm still trying to picture a "swim out" room... The pool goes all the way into the hotel room? If so, does the door go all the way down into the water?

At this resort it’s just a little area to get in the water by your room. Some resorts have them connect to bigger pools or swim up bars but not this one.

E27E7EE7-5E1D-417F-8EFC-581FAD699D17.jpeg

D5C7E071-A7A3-47FC-B7A5-54903808E538.jpeg

F7B54F63-B487-4F0C-873F-8C527A2F1EA7.jpeg

506F06A2-58D3-4440-992F-0CA40C2A0273.jpeg

55F0B47C-B9D5-4314-8D63-11C35C04D970.jpeg

• Like 4

This is a resort map. The dark blue buildings at the bottom are the adult scene area with the two adult only restaurants in the middle. Top part is family. The middle pool on the right and the building behind it are star class.

DDFDBF67-C9C1-475E-B010-A3824A7AFFE3.jpeg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, blarko said:

So is it just like your own private small pool?

Technically it connects to all of the other swim outs on that part of the building. But considering it’s on the adult side...probably only 2 people per room and no kids...probably a lot less people in them than on the family side.

4BF9DEAF-9094-4B44-9C86-3C1CDEB0F8DA.jpeg

6515776D-D7B1-4351-903C-D0ABED39F813.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7

Dude, this trip has got me jonesing to travel somewhere new... I'm thinking about looking into one of the "vaccinated" Royal Caribbean cruises out of Nassau. This resort looks pretty huge, with a nice variety of restaurants and bars...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Dude, this trip has got me jonesing to travel somewhere new... I'm thinking about looking into one of the "vaccinated" Royal Caribbean cruises out of Nassau. This resort looks pretty huge, with a nice variety of restaurants and bars...

Yeah the restaurants were my big requirement. At one point I was just going to from resort to resort on trip advisor looking. If I didn’t see a nice steak in the pictures, they were out. Good time to enjoy a new resort while it’s not at full capacity. I bet it’s going to be loaded in a year.

If Mardi Gras gets canceled I’m planning on  booking another resort that week. I’ve lost my last vacation.

I thought you weren’t going to get vaccinated? I get my second shot on Thursday.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Yeah the restaurants were my big requirement. At one point I was just going to from resort to resort on trip advisor looking. If I didn’t see a nice steak in the pictures, they were out. Good time to enjoy a new resort while it’s not at full capacity. I bet it’s going to be loaded in a year.

If Mardi Gras gets canceled I’m planning on  booking another resort that week. I’ve lost my last vacation.

I thought you weren’t going to get vaccinated? I get my second shot on Thursday.

I don't "want" to get vaccinated, but if it gets me back on board of a cruise ship, then I may have to reconsider. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 9:22 AM, Saint Greg said:

As I mentioned this resort is new. They just opened two months ago. The big problem they are having is all of their rooms are not ready yet. I’m not too concerned about it for me because all of the complaints seem to be on the family side, particularly suites with multiple bedrooms. So I’m not too concerned about my room. The good thing about it is while Cancun recently raised their capacity from 30% to 60% this resort is still below 60% because they don’t have enough rooms for 60%.

I would’ve expected a resort to finish all of the rooms first to get the people in and then have people complaining about the water park isn’t ready or the mini golf course isn’t ready or the lazy River isn’t ready. There’s none of that. Everything is open. It’s just a matter of if you’re  going to have the  room you booked.

I guess Saturday is a big check-in day. So yesterday I was reading about a couple of families that didn’t get their entourage suites or whatever.  They were each given two junior suites next to each other instead. Not adjoining. And one of the mothers was talking about having to either split the adults or put kids ages 5,9,10 in their own room which she seemed opposed to. It made me think about how on cruises people put their kids across the hallway no problem. I was surprised by it when I first started cruising because that wouldn’t have happened when I was a kid. Not until high school at least.

But anyway if they do tell me they don’t have a swim out for me I’m already schooled in the forms of compensation people have been getting. Upgrades to Starclass. Free cabanas. That’s what I would ask for. A cabana for every day I don’t have my swim out. Those give you a front row seat to the poolside activities and are equipped with TVs and plunge pools. I believe they start at $75/day and then go up to $100 with a bottle of liquor or $125 with champagne.

I saw the mom post that as well and thought the same thing. I’m not putting my kids (10,7&5) in a non-adjoining room. That’s crazy! 

• Like 1

Gimbal is here. Was supposed to be here yesterday but the mail man doesn’t want to work Easter. That’s fine. I just needed it by the end of the week.  

I was wondering how they could’ve left accessories out of my original package. Now that I see how it’s supposed to be packaged, I get it. The one I received originally had the box with the plastic cover it slides into and then just that round piece of tape sealing it.

This one the whole thing is wrapped in cellophane. I get it now. The last one was probably one that someone opened and returned. And they tried to pass it off on me like the McDonald’s girl does with the Canadian quarters. Not gonna happen! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

All of my packages have been delivered. The delivery people must think it’s Christmas in April here. Deliveries every day. I had a package this morning. I had a package when I got home from work.  And I just got another package.

I opened up gimbal today and all of the accessories are there. It’s fully charged this time. And I had to register it to use it this time. I’m guessing the original one I got was already registered by someone because I didn’t have to do that.

I got my mail hold done. I got my vacation hair cut. I got my tip money out of the bank.

I just need to get my second vaccination on Thursday and I think I’m ready to go.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Apparently the new thing at the resort is kids on the adult side. They are keeping them out of the adult pool and restaurants but not out of the swim outs.

Well that’s a bunch o baloney. From the pictures it looks like one could easily go into someone elses swimout from their own swimout.  Better pack another roll of duct tape....never know what you might need it for 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, blarko said:

Well that’s a bunch o baloney. From the pictures it looks like one could easily go into someone elses swimout from their own swimout.  Better pack another roll of duct tape....never know what you might need it for 🤣

Yes. And I’d imagine adults stick to their own area. I’m not looking to swim. Just a place to get in the water and have a drink. Maybe talk to a neighbor. Then be able to go right into the room and take a shower. I bet kids will be swimming all up and down that row of swim outs if they’re there. 😳 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Yes. And I’d imagine adults stick to their own area. I’m not looking to swim. Just a place to get in the water and have a drink. Maybe talk to a neighbor. Then be able to go right into the room and take a shower. I bet kids will be swimming all up and down that row of swim outs if they’re there. 😳 

Swimming, splashing, yelling....

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I bet that the urchins hang out area is going to be right in front of your door... You may need to bring an extra roll of duct tape...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I bet that the urchins hang out area is going to be right in front of your door... You may need to bring an extra roll of duct tape...

I will definitely be establishing a perimeter. If anything resembling a dinosaur or a pink flamingo comes floating into my territory, I'm taking it out!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I will definitely be establishing a perimeter. If anything resembling a dinosaur or a pink flamingo comes floating into my territory, I'm taking it out!

You must establish dominance early!! Maybe even purchase or fashion a blow gun to take out these blow-up plastic invaders from a camouflage position 😂🤣😂

Edited by JRL81
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, JRL81 said:

You must establish dominance early!! Maybe even purchase or fashion a blow gun to take out these blow-up plastic invaders from a camouflage position 

You know actually someone gave me a slingshot for christmas that shoots little snowballs. But with a rock that thing could do some serious damage so I destroyed it. Maybe I should've kept it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahaha  --

Is the extra roll of duct tape to ensure peace & quiet...

19 hours ago, blarko said:

...Better pack another roll of duct tape....never know what you might need it for 🤣

4 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 1