Planet Hollywood Cancun - LIVE - April 11-19th

Saint Greg

Someone last time mentioned using zip ties for the luggage and keeping nail clippers handy to open it. I meant to do that last time but forgot to buy them. This time I bought them a couple weeks ago but yesterday I couldn’t find them. Whether or not you think people will go through your bags, I have seen a suitcase busted I open on that carousel before. That’s what made me scramble for zip ties last night. I went to the closest store. No zip ties. Next closest store no zip ties. Finally the stop I didn’t want to have to make...Walmart. 

047A2DBF-E22C-402C-B457-FBCD3A07FF89.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg

I don’t know why I do the check in the night before. I still have to visit the kiosk and scan my passport, even though I entered all of the info last night, just to get my luggage tag. I think the only way around it is to go carry on.

FB7312EC-1356-4148-8420-EEB03173AE0E.jpeg

The line for the bag drop isn’t bad. It’s about like it was when I went to Fort Lauderdale. Not like when I went to Los Angeles and the line was a nightmare I never would’ve made my flight had they not let me cut it.

BA507162-52A7-4A4B-A22B-480A1A95602C.jpeg

I guess the lady at the bag drop is a saints fan. When I was looking at my passport and giving instructions she said “and leave the hat.” I thought maybe she said “remove the hat.” No she wanted the hat.

5F0A4E1F-0B54-44FB-8FEB-FB07DEB38D00.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

While I was in line my boss texted me to wish me a good trip and he said don’t forget we need you in early on the 19th. First I’ve heard of that. That’s my travel day. I’m off that day. Apparently the project that he didn’t tell me he scheduled for my vacation week until after I put in for vacation he rescheduled for next week and didn’t tell me again. Overlooking the fact that my vacation includes next Monday. Communication is not strong at work. Anyway. It’s going to be fine. At least he knows now and not next Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At check in last night they offered me the opportunity to change or upgrade seats. I have the aisle seat on the exit row with extra leg room... like row 11 so I’m happy. But I noticed the window seat on my row was available and the middle seat was greyed out. I wonder if they’re doing the no middle seat booking. If so I have a chance at having the row to myself if nobody booked that window seat in the past 11 hours.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I wonder if they’re doing the no middle seat booking. If so I have a chance at having the row to myself if nobody booked that window seat in the past 11 hours.

Fingers crossed. That would be a great way to start this vacation 🤞

• Like 3

I got pulled over for speeding last night on my way to the Walmart. They had me worried for a minute there. They called backup. They had me put my hands on the dash. It turns out they had trouble finding my plate as valid in their mobile system because it’s a specialty plate....so they I guess they maybe thought I was a car thief. In the end they let me go with no ticket but it was a 20-30 min ordeal.

• Like 5