Planet Hollywood Cancun - LIVE - April 11-19th

Saint Greg

2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Adult pool cabanas. They are loaded every afternoon . Those pools are 5+ people in all of them. I guess groups get together and rent the cabanas.

One day when I walked through a guy yelled “go Bucs!” I asked if he was from Boston. Seriously something you never heard a year ago.

AB7FCF0C-DA48-4DF2-8DF9-35F4838BDD18.jpeg

I mean you heard it 23 years ago from me, but... I’m just sayin! 😉🏈🏆🏴‍☠️

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Test wasn’t bad just a little tickle. Bring your passport because they take that.

How long did it take to get the results?  Curious because we leave for Cancun next Sunday.  The Westin arranges someone from a hospital to come to the resort to perform the testing.

Unfortunately the Westin isn't an AI but the "villa" has a full kitchen.  After a quick run to Costco to get Don Julio tequila (which s $20 cheaper than prices in Florida) we'll be "happy".🍹

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I really thought you would be at Twists more than you have been. Thought that would be your alchemy bar substitute. 

That’s what I thought but it’s not really a “cocktail” bar. It’s just the night bar. It’s the bar that’s open when I’m at dinner and the shows and later. You can get cocktails there just like any other bar but there’s nothing special about it other than it’s open at night.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s what I thought but it’s not really a “cocktail” bar. It’s just the night bar. It’s the bar that’s open when I’m at dinner and the shows and later. You can get cocktails there just like any other bar but there’s nothing special about it other than it’s open at night.

Pity! 😞

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flwinejunkie said:

How long did it take to get the results?  Curious because we leave for Cancun next Sunday.  The Westin arranges someone from a hospital to come to the resort to perform the testing.

Unfortunately the Westin isn't an AI but the "villa" has a full kitchen.  After a quick run to Costco to get Don Julio tequila (which s $20 cheaper than prices in Florida) we'll be "happy".🍹

Hope you have so much fun! We are headed down too in 30 days!! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flwinejunkie said:

5 minutes.

• Like 1

I stopped by the front desk to see if I could get some more 1’s. Anyone who comes here without any is screwed. Or maybe the employees are because 1’s are tough to get. I gave the front desk a 20. They gave me two $5 and ten $1. She said that was all they had and recommended a bellman. I got $5 from one bellman and $5 from another bellman.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

What is the protocol if someone tested positive? I assume you would have to stay, but how does all that work?

Some of the resorts offer you up to 10 days free quarantine. I know RIU is in that number. This one offers a discounted rate for quarantine. I’m not sure what that is.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Is this the "all the way up your nose to your brain" test? 😨

I’m not sure. It was a long swab.  But I didn’t feel anything beyond a little tickle in my nostril. They had me look at the ceiling so I didn’t see how far they stuck it.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1