Planet Hollywood Cancun - LIVE - April 11-19th

Saint Greg

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

“Just a note”, this resort isn’t even in Benito Juarez. It’s in the Isla Mujeres municipality.

That would be Costa Mujeres for the location...

Edited by blue_water
Typo

1 hour ago, blue_water said:

The Coz blog should be posted on the Coz forum just to minimize confusion as many cruisers confuse the Coz port with Cancun...Just a suggestion...

It’s already there linked in post 1477.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Finally got this La Mission Tequila Academy video edited and uploaded if any one is interested.

I just realized I posted this on the wrong thread. It's supposed to be in Cozumel 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

Hey @Saint Greg, I've been told that the free antigen testing provided by the Mexican hotels does not satisfy the requirements to re-enter the US.  I'm not sure that is true.  Did you have to pay for a test, or was the free test sufficient?

The reason they have it is so Americans will come to their resorts and be able to return home. The free one at Planet Hollywood was good for me. In Cozumel the hotel didn't pay for it. They had someone come in and charge $35. At Barcelo they charged $15+tax. But it's all the same antigen test. You just show it to the check-in agent at the airport, sign a form indicating you had a negative test, and you're done with it. You don't have to do anything when you arrive in the US.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

The reason they have it is so Americans will come to their resorts and be able to return home. The free one at Planet Hollywood was good for me. In Cozumel the hotel didn't pay for it. They had someone come in and charge $35. At Barcelo they charged $15+tax. But it's all the same antigen test. You just show it to the check-in agent at the airport, sign a form indicating you had a negative test, and you're done with it. You don't have to do anything when you arrive in the US.

Thanks.  Supposedly the hotel I'm staying in offers it for free.  We'll see.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 1:31 PM, Saint Greg said:

Actually the major resorts along the Riviera Maya (and many boutique hotels) provide an approved test report for entry into the US for free, a few charge for it. Just contact your hotel to find out!

56 minutes ago, blue_water said:

Actually the major resorts along the Riviera Maya (and many boutique hotels) provide an approved test report for entry into the US for free, a few charge for it. Just contact your hotel to find out!

Barcelo charges $15 + tax. 

40 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

Looking forward to it!

That one already happened. 

Here is the CC thread

Here are my website posts:

https://saintgregtravel.com/category/barcelo-maya/

Next up is Carnival Mardi Gras in less than 4 weeks! Thread will be posted on the carnival board in less than 3 weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Next up is Carnival Mardi Gras in less than 4 weeks! Thread will be posted on the carnival board in less than 3 weeks.

I can not wait. The videos of that ship that I’ve seen so far blow me away.  There are so many places to eat on that ship, I don’t think there’s enough time to try all of them in only seven days.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, blarko said:

I can not wait. The videos of that ship that I’ve seen so far blow me away.  There are so many places to eat on that ship, I don’t think there’s enough time to try all of them in only seven days.  

Yeah it’s going to be difficult but I’m going to try to hit all of the new ones.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2