Cruise Cancellations dates

BVILady

On what date is Costa cancelling cruises. Read on another forum that their cruise line collects full payment and only days after that will cancel the cruise. So final payment due 90 days before departure, cancellation 60 days or even more before departure. Example made finale Payment due April 1st, expect cancellation April 4th or 5th. What is your experience?

• 3 weeks later...

Costa have updated their summer program. Smeralda and Firenze will be in the Western Mediterranean, Luminosa and Deliziosa in the Eastern Mediterranean. The rest of the cruises including Northern Europe are cancelled until mid September. 

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/costa-unveils-summer-2021-cruise-vacations-mediterranean

• Like 1

Thanks - I'd spotted that on cruise industry news as well.  Leaves a few questions unanswered for me.

1) are there restrictions on which nationalities can cruise ( as currently only Schengen can go on MSC)

2) what are their vaccination policies - similar to MSC where children can board or more stringent and thus meaning families can't cruise.

Hopefully these will be clarified somehow over the next few days as not expecting their website to be on top of this - as it's still only semi working after 4 months. 😗

• 2 months later...

Well, my Costa Fascinosa Cruise from Barcelona 11 November was cancelled last week as my tour agent advised that Costa were delaying cruising till next year..

But I was offered the potential to move the cruise to a similar sailing next year (2022) for the same price. And other options including refund and cruise credit plus 100 pound/euros cruise credit.

However yesterday I got an email direct from Costa offering me half price discounts for the same cruise that was cancelled, not very happy and I have contacted my cruise agent for an explanation..

To be fair in these Covid times even with Vaccinations when will all this end, my guess will be when the whole world is vaccinated... so 2022 could be the same as this year.. sorry a bit of topic..

Wiggster, I am very concerned about all my travel plans for 2022 also. I am booked on the Costa World Cruise Jan. 8th, 2022. Carnival, Aida and P & O have already cancelled their upcoming World Cruises. When is Costa going to release us from our misery and let us know whether it will happen or not. Have booked summer-cruises for my family for 2022, not on Costa since they are still not showing any cruises for summer 2022. All our plans for 2020 and 2021 have already been cancelled and I am not getting any younger 😞 Hard to believe also how many people here in the Caribbean do refuse to get vaccinated so all cruises in the Caribbean might end up cancelled also.

7 hours ago, Wiggster said:

Well, my Costa Fascinosa Cruise from Barcelona 11 November was cancelled last week as my tour agent advised that Costa were delaying cruising till next year..

But I was offered the potential to move the cruise to a similar sailing next year (2022) for the same price. And other options including refund and cruise credit plus 100 pound/euros cruise credit.

However yesterday I got an email direct from Costa offering me half price discounts for the same cruise that was cancelled, not very happy and I have contacted my cruise agent for an explanation..

To be fair in these Covid times even with Vaccinations when will all this end, my guess will be when the whole world is vaccinated... so 2022 could be the same as this year.. sorry a bit of topic..

Well that cruise is going to Brazil, Brazil is ravaged with covid and they have a leader who puts Donald Trump to shame. Probably best to steer clear.

Having said that a couple of weeks ago i received a email from Costa informing me that my cruise from Barcelona in September had been cancelled and i could rebook with 100sterling obc. That was 100 less than i was getting for rebooking this cruise, i was appalled. 2 weeks later they sent me another email saying that they had made a mistake and the cruise was not cancelled, thank the lord i have not booked flights and hotels yet. Hold tight, everything seems vey fluid at the moment, just don't book flights and hotels until you get a guarantee that the cruise is sailing.  

I don't think we'll ever get any guarantee that our Cruise is definitely sailing, until the ship has already started sailing the same itinerary.

Because they can cancel even after final payment date.

On 6/23/2021 at 9:09 AM, Wiggster said:

My Luminosa cruise to South America early 2022 was cancelled two weeks ago and today I got the confirmation for my rebooking at same conditions for 2023. Better than their conditions offered for 2023, but no further discount. Brazil seems to be the common limiting factor.

On 6/23/2021 at 1:23 PM, BVILady said:

Have booked summer-cruises for my family for 2022, not on Costa since they are still not showing any cruises for summer 2022.

This is strange, on costacruise.eu I can see and book up to April 2023.

1 hour ago, BVILady said:

US-site only shows including April 2022. It only shows the World Cruise January 2023 as a later cruise.

Check on Costa UK, Austria (incl service charges)  & Netherlands sites for the best prices