Transpacific Cruise & French Polynesia Excursion Question

cantgetaname

I'm considering (well more of a case of about to book a cruise)  on a transpacific for April 2023.  One of the stops is Bora Bora, I was wondering if anyone who's been on one of the transpacific cruises, knows if there is any excursions to Ta'haa?   Or if not any easy ways to get there and back on a port stop in Bora Bora?   I've always wanted to see there.   I know it's a long way off, but I'm so sick of not cruising I have to plan when I can to make up for it.   Thanks.

41 minutes ago, cantgetaname said:

I'm considering (well more of a case of about to book a cruise)  on a transpacific for April 2023.  One of the stops is Bora Bora, I was wondering if anyone who's been on one of the transpacific cruises, knows if there is any excursions to Ta'haa?   Or if not any easy ways to get there and back on a port stop in Bora Bora?   I've always wanted to see there.   I know it's a long way off, but I'm so sick of not cruising I have to plan when I can to make up for it.   Thanks.

Helicopter ride from Bora Bora to Le Tahaa Resort.  This mat not be offered from the ship but you could book privately. Not enough time for a boat ride but a helicopter ride would be 15 minutes. Bring your snorkel and do the drift snorkel at the coral gardens which is next to the Le Tahaa Resort. 

The Resort is just to the left in this picture.

38.jpg

Edited by Tahitianbigkahuna

@cantgetaname

I'm also on a April 2023 transpacific cruise on Oceania. If your cruise happens to be the same there are no excursions offered to Tahaa. Did the same cruise in 2018 on O. Have you already been to Bora Bora? I love Tahaa too, but love Bora Bora more. Your best bet to see Tahaa is to fly to Tahiti about 4 days early, fly to BB and take the ferry (runs 3 days/week) to Tahaa. Expensive add-on to your cruise. but Tahaa and BB are each worth at least 2-3 days. Or more.