Azamara Free Nights Calculation

Host Jazzbeau

I just noticed the wording on the Azamara Free Nights benefit, that you must have sailed with Azamara for at least 50% of past voyages.  How do they calculate that:  number of sailings, number of nights, number of points earned?  [I will qualify after my next cruise on number of points, but have already passed the point where I could qualify on the other two.  Uh-oh.]

10 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I just noticed the wording on the Azamara Free Nights benefit, that you must have sailed with Azamara for at least 50% of past voyages.  How do they calculate that:  number of sailings, number of nights, number of points earned?  [I will qualify after my next cruise on number of points, but have already passed the point where I could qualify on the other two.  Uh-oh.]

Number of cruises. 

Phil 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Number of cruises and up to now they have been strict on that interpretation

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

How do they determine how many voyages someone has taken?  Are they including all voyages and Royal?  

No, the footnote says only Azamara and Celebrity. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 2:06 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

No, the footnote says only Azamara and Celebrity. 

Correct. We got 6 free nights as we moved up to Discoverer+. Had 6 cruises on Azamara and 5 on Celebrity.

Well I won't qualify then no matter what I do.  I will have 50% of points earned on Azamara, but no where near 50% of cruises or nights.  Still, thanks to the Celebrity PowerUp points my next Azamara cruise will push me to Discoverer Plus, just without the free nights.

20 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Well I won't qualify then no matter what I do.  I will have 50% of points earned on Azamara, but no where near 50% of cruises or nights.  Still, thanks to the Celebrity PowerUp points my next Azamara cruise will push me to Discoverer Plus, just without the free nights.

That is what stuffed me up for a good while. I started on Celebrity and had quite a few cruises with them before discovering I liked Azamara. It was touch and go when I passed one points threshold as I think I was pretty much even Stevens. The cruise I took on Azamara made it 50/50 on the nose I think. I now get three free nights for each 750 points, but three on their own I don't find worthwhile and certainly not free. 

Many Azamara cruisers have never been on Celebrity, but their are many serial Azamaraites!

Phil