Del Rio on CNBC

Jancruz

Cramer likes the sound of his own voice too much, IMHO.  I would have preferred Squawk, whose several hosts can also (IMHo) cut through the BS, but just happy to see FDR in person on any financial show.  

And I appreciate the heads up.

26 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

No doubt to publicize today's letter to the head of the CDC asking for the CSO to be lifted and approval of NCLH's sailing plans.

I wouldn't be surprised that a PR campaign is being initiated, much like when a book gets published and the author appears on the talk shows.  Sometimes, trying something in the press can be more advantageous to a position than trying it in the judicial system...

3 hours ago, Jancruz said:

He will be on tonight between 6 and 7 EST,,

Jancruz1

Thanks for the heads up.   We will watch it tonight.  FDR the best cruise leader  in the industry today. 

• Like 3

A lot of energy, Frank and Cramer together at one time.  I think that the message got across.  We have tried to do all that we can, what more do you want from us, tell us and we will do it!  Stop just staring at us!  And that is what they both wanted to get across to investors and the real purpose of this "interview", pep rally, whatever.  Mission accomplished.  Must go and attend to my ringing ears.  

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Hanoverian said:

A lot of energy, Frank and Cramer together at one time.  I think that the message got across.  We have tried to do all that we can, what more do you want from us, tell us and we will do it!  Stop just staring at us!  And that is what they both wanted to get across to investors and the real purpose of this "interview", pep rally, whatever.  Mission accomplished.  Must go and attend to my ringing ears.  

Cramer used a phrase about this before I could post it here.  This is just a shot across the bow.  There's more to come in my opinion.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hanoverian said:

Absolutely right, Daniel.  Time for the CDC to stop batting the industry around like a cat with a toy.  Leadership is needed and Frank is the public antagonist for the industry.

I think he did a great job laying it all out.  Now we need this kind of leadership from the other cruise lines. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RJB said:

I think he did a great job laying it all out.  Now we need this kind of leadership from the other cruise lines. 

I think the other CEO's are standing back and watching what happens to the one that's has taken action.  Very similar to the folks who are letting others take the vaccine and they're sitting back and planning to ride on the herd immunity brought about by those who took the vaccine.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Kate-AHF said:

Cramer likes the sound of his own voice too much, IMHO.  I would have preferred Squawk, whose several hosts can also (IMHo) cut through the BS, but just happy to see FDR in person on any financial show.  

And I appreciate the heads up.

I think Cramer, who is a fan of FDR, pretty much let FDR say his whole piece, without any interruption, other than some positive reinforcement.   

I agree, FDR is an impressive spokesperson for the entire industry, and his leadership ability is clearly evident.  You would have thought that Fain and Arison would be more outspoken, running the two largest cruise line conglomerates...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bob brown said:

I think Cramer, who is a fan of FDR, pretty much let FDR say his whole piece, without any interruption, other than some positive reinforcement.   

I agree, FDR is an impressive spokesperson for the entire industry, and his leadership ability is clearly evident.  You would have thought that Fain and Arison would be more outspoken, running the two largest cruise line conglomerates...

+ 1

• Like 3

On this morning's "Today" show I saw a short piece with NBC's Kerry Sanders interviewing FDR.  Del Rio gave a really bad and angrily dismissive answer to a question Sanders asked about authenticating a passenger's claim that they had been vaccinated. Sanders correctly noted that the CDC vaccination cards are just an easily forged piece of paper . FDR snapped back something on the order of "passports are just  a piece of paper and we accept them".

Well...sorry Frank...no. Passports are not just an easily forged piece of paper. For starters they are printed on special paper that prevents mere photocopiers from duplicating the passport. Further, passports today are machine readable documents that link back to centralized data bases, and since 2007 all US passports include an RFID chip that includes a digital signature that helps identify whether the passport has been tampered with. I suspect other countries also use RFID chips .

FDR followed that with another comment that was so irrelevant to addressing Sanders' question that I've forgotten exactly what he said. It may have been something along the lines of "we're requiring masks to be worn while in public on board the ship".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

On this morning's "Today" show I saw a short piece with NBC's Kerry Sanders interviewing FDR.  Del Rio gave a really bad and angrily dismissive answer to a question Sanders asked about authenticating a passenger's claim that they had been vaccinated. Sanders correctly noted that the CDC vaccination cards are just an easily forged piece of paper . FDR snapped back something on the order of "passports are just  a piece of paper and we accept them".

Well...sorry Frank...no. Passports are not just an easily forged piece of paper. For starters they are printed on special paper that prevents mere photocopiers from duplicating the passport. Further, passports today are machine readable documents that link back to centralized data bases, and since 2007 all US passports include an RFID chip that includes a digital signature that helps identify whether the passport has been tampered with. I suspect other countries also use RFID chips .

FDR followed that with another comment that was so irrelevant to addressing Sanders' question that I've forgotten exactly what he said. It may have been something along the lines of "we're requiring masks to be worn while in public on board the ship".

I am sorry that I missed seeing that.   I don't know FDR personally, only the little I've seen of him in the media so far, but my wife, Betsy, with her late husband Don, met him, and were favorably impressed.

Not making excuses for him, but perhaps he was just frustrated and didn't think out his answers...

As for vaccinations...I was under the impression that the entity doing vaccinations kept a record of it.   In my case, it was the county health department.   These should be able to serve as proof, and perhaps should be accessible....

33 minutes ago, bob brown said:

I am sorry that I missed seeing that.   I don't know FDR personally, only the little I've seen of him in the media so far, but my wife, Betsy, with her late husband Don, met him, and were favorably impressed.

Not making excuses for him, but perhaps he was just frustrated and didn't think out his answers...

As for vaccinations...I was under the impression that the entity doing vaccinations kept a record of it.   In my case, it was the county health department.   These should be able to serve as proof, and perhaps should be accessible....

I heard today there is a data base on vaccinations like passports..I hope that is the case..As far as FDRs answer sometimes al the questions become overwhelming and truthfully IMHO there are so many questions about starting to cruise I could probably write pages..can you imagine being the people trying to figure all this out???..Im glad its not me..

Why dont we start a page with reasonable questions and I will forward them and see if they have time to answer them..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 10:49 AM, Kate-AHF said:

Cramer likes the sound of his own voice too much, IMHO. 

Totally agree. I can't decide if he's gotten worse with age or I've gotten less tolerant.

2 hours ago, bob brown said:

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

In theory there should be an official record of your vaccinations but whether those records exist for everyone is debatable given how many are being vaccinated at mass vaccinations sites where large numbers of people can drive up or walk in to be vaccinated.

Even with a record there's no guarantee you will be easily able to access it.

We got our vaccinations at a local hospital which uses the MyChart patient portal system and our vaccine records are there and visible to us.

1 minute ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Why don’t we leave the vaccine verification to those who’s responsibility it is......

sheila

And that would be who/what?

25 minutes ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Why don’t we leave the vaccine verification to those who’s responsibility it is......

sheila

Who would that be?

I would gladly give permission to  our Government to digital attach the Covid vaccine info to my passport

YMMV

• Like 7