No more cruises with NCL. Mandatory Vaccines?

BIG POOCH

I have been against being vaccinated but am now considering it.  Why?  Because we have a cruise coming up in August and I want to cruise.  The only way I will be able to go is to vaccinate.  I want the cruiselines to come back strong and I know I can contribute to their come back so......that being said my DH has an appointment tomorrow for his and in the next few months I will suck it up and do it too.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, vpearlkc said:

I know of two platinum level cruisers that will cruise again because of vaccine requirements. Myself and my wife.

These two platinum plus cruisers will be joining you. Have b2b2b booked for December. Even more excited with the vaccine requirements.

• Like 10

We are all vaccinated and excited about our upcoming cruise in November.  Three cheers to NCL for using reasonable scientific advice to get their ships back on the sea.  After reading the majority of responses here, then I am feeling even better that my fellow shipmates will be properly prepared to fire up cruising again.

Let's go sailing!!!

• Like 19

Here is the simple truth.  Pent up demand and FCCs of people willing to get the vaccine far exceed the loss of people not willing to get it in the short term.  Once the pandemic comes to an end they will drop the mandate since herd immunity will be in force (I hope) and then you can get back on.  Why do people feel everything has to be black or white in the world today.  There is plenty of grey to go around.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, BIG POOCH said:

With the reports of them requiring vaccinations, we will never be cruising on NCL again.  Hope they realize just how much this is going to hurt their business even more than it already has been.

LOL. Okay Karen. 

• Like 16
  • Haha 6

I also applaud the requirement.  I just don't understand why those don't think it's a good idea to get the vaccination.  There are hardly any reports of bad outcomes from getting the vaccine.  All school children are required to have vaccinations prior to being allowed to go to school.  I remember when I was a kid and received the polio, tb, etc shots we didn't think a thing about it. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, BIG POOCH said:

With the reports of them requiring vaccinations, we will never be cruising on NCL again.  Hope they realize just how much this is going to hurt their business even more than it already has been.

I would argue that cruising WITHOUT a vaccine requirement would hurt their business even more as those 60+ who spend a lot of $$ cruising may well shy away from being around unvaccinated people on a ship, despite the small odds that they would be personally infected.  Not to mention the concerns about being stranded at sea upon positive cases, however unfounded those concerns may be today.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I’m so glad that those who refuse to vaccinate after all that has gone on and all the cruise lines have been through will be staying home or be left at the pier as the ship sails. Allowing unvaccinated passengers on board could cost the lines billions in more financial losses if something happened and the unvaccinated got very sick on board. I hear trips to the desert are good for anti-vaxxers. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

I don't like the idea of being vaccinated if and when I can. However I like the idea of not cruising even less. I will do what I must to cruise, my husband has had both shots, hope our sons get theirs next month when they are eligible but worried our grandson will not be allowed to cruise as he will be 12 in Oct.

Anybody know about children at this time?

Also not sure if they would refund us if we can't sail due to this new requirement which wasn't an issue when we booked our first time in 2019 for 2020. Hoping the third time is the charm for this Oct. 29th.

Thank you as always folk's, stay safe.

27 minutes ago, agrimm01 said:

I also applaud the requirement.  I just don't understand why those don't think it's a good idea to get the vaccination.  There are hardly any reports of bad outcomes from getting the vaccine.  All school children are required to have vaccinations prior to being allowed to go to school.  I remember when I was a kid and received the polio, tb, etc shots we didn't think a thing about it. 

Those school vaccinations have been around for decades. Our family caught Covid in mid-December. If our bodies have fought the actual virus what does the point in injecting yourself with something created in less than a year and no long term statistics? We called NCL yesterday and the agent said there is a link to a form that you can opt out of the cruises. We couldn't find it but we are curious if The vaccine is mandatory past October and are 13-year-old cannot travel Will they simply give us our money back. I don't see how you can hold on and force more FCC if you change the requirements to be on the ship. Has anyone heard of or seen this form that the agent mentioned?

• Like 2

People that are saying I will not cruise if I have to get the vaccine.  I say good bye as I am on a ship cruising away and enjoying my trip.   I really do not believe that requiring you to be vaccinated will not be harmful to the bottom line.  

• Like 6

Just out of curiosity if the CDC accepts NCL's proposal will NCL then immediately issue a refund for bookings and not a cruise credit to all those people that contact them who have bookings but cannot or will not have all their party vaccinated.

It took me nearly 100 days to get my NCL refund when they cancelled last March extremely unfair to make people wait that long again when the cruise company knowingly changes the requirement to cruise from the proposed date of 4th of July.

Before the NCL fanboys chime in 14 days is the maximum amount of time it should take to issue a refund, last year was unusual this year they should be prepared. I know the US is different but here in the UK and in the EU 14 days is the legal requirement to issue a refund.

If NCL changes the rules they have a moral and legal duty to make it right with affected customers.

5 minutes ago, Inflatable_Catfish said:

Those school vaccinations have been around for decades. Our family caught Covid in mid-December. If our bodies have fought the actual virus what does the point in injecting yourself with something created in less than a year and no long term statistics? We called NCL yesterday and the agent said there is a link to a form that you can opt out of the cruises. We couldn't find it but we are curious if The vaccine is mandatory past October and are 13-year-old cannot travel Will they simply give us our money back. I don't see how you can hold on and force more FCC if you change the requirements to be on the ship. Has anyone heard of or seen this form that the agent mentioned?

I agree that there has to be an allowance for those that have contracted the virus and should now be immune to it.  Just have to prove that.

For myself, husband, & daughter I am glad they are requiring vaccination.  We have had ours.  But our problem is my daughter and I have a cruise planned with my adult granddaughter.  The granddaughter has read to much about possible long term fertility problems and refuses to get vaccinated.  We now must cancel our Oct, 2021 cruise and try for a 2022 cruise hoping vaccination is no longer required.  This is a graduation present for granddaughter before going to med school.  Wish she would change her mind and get vaccination be she is firm that she will not.

14 minutes ago, nomad098 said:

Just out of curiosity if the CDC accepts NCL's proposal will NCL then immediately issue a refund for bookings and not a cruise credit to all those people that contact them who have bookings but cannot or will not have all their party vaccinated.

It took me nearly 100 days to get my NCL refund when they cancelled last March extremely unfair to make people wait that long again when the cruise company knowingly changes the requirement to cruise from the proposed date of 4th of July.

Before the NCL fanboys chime in 14 days is the maximum amount of time it should take to issue a refund, last year was unusual this year they should be prepared. I know the US is different but here in the UK and in the EU 14 days is the legal requirement to issue a refund.

If NCL changes the rules they have a moral and legal duty to make it right with affected customers.

NCL cancelled everything pretty much until Sept. 1st this morning when they announced the new outside the USA sailings.  Go check, if you had a cruise during that time it was cancelled or will be shortly.

• Like 1

Guys, these rules are all up until October 31st currently. They want to SAIL and they are happy with these restrictions to get going. Once sailing, they can prove themselves safe and start relaxing restrictions. There are PLENTY of us happy to sail with the vaccine requirement OR to wait until it's lifted. It will not hurt their business at all. Prices are UP because there is DEMAND.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Inflatable_Catfish said:

I had covid a month ago, first vaccine is tomorrow, the immunity from having covid is temporary.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, agrimm01 said:

I agree that there has to be an allowance for those that have contracted the virus and should now be immune to it.  Just have to prove that.

My high school kids were allowed to skip the mandatory covid test because they just recovered and would test positive, but had to be cleared by their doctor. The school has a 90 day rule, after that they need to be tested for sports.

3 hours ago, TSUmom said:

I have been against being vaccinated but am now considering it.  Why?  Because we have a cruise coming up in August and I want to cruise.  The only way I will be able to go is to vaccinate.  I want the cruiselines to come back strong and I know I can contribute to their come back so......that being said my DH has an appointment tomorrow for his and in the next few months I will suck it up and do it too.

This is exactly why I got vaccinated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

Without the actions that NCL has taken there would be no more cruises anyway; the CDC would see to that. You may never cruise with any line again if the CDC get their way; and, believe me, they will.

The only cruising you may be able to do is a cruise out of a foreign port that does not stop in any U.S. port.

This is false and you know it. Cruise lines will be able to cruise when it is appropriate and I'm fine with that. 

3 hours ago, TSUmom said:

And a secondary benefit (to being able to cruise) in getting the vaccine is that if you do catch ciovid, you won't be hospitalized and you certainly won't die. Wait, maybe this is the primary benefit...

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 11

3 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Here is the simple truth.  Pent up demand and FCCs of people willing to get the vaccine far exceed the loss of people not willing to get it in the short term.  Once the pandemic comes to an end they will drop the mandate since herd immunity will be in force (I hope) and then you can get back on.  Why do people feel everything has to be black or white in the world today.  There is plenty of grey to go around.

I wonder; what if the covid vaccine is like the flu vaccine and has to be administered every year (and to address cocid variants)?

• Like 1