No more cruises with NCL. Mandatory Vaccines?

BIG POOCH

7 hours ago, Inflatable_Catfish said:

Those school vaccinations have been around for decades. Our family caught Covid in mid-December. If our bodies have fought the actual virus what does the point in injecting yourself with something created in less than a year and no long term statistics? We called NCL yesterday and the agent said there is a link to a form that you can opt out of the cruises. We couldn't find it but we are curious if The vaccine is mandatory past October and are 13-year-old cannot travel Will they simply give us our money back. I don't see how you can hold on and force more FCC if you change the requirements to be on the ship. Has anyone heard of or seen this form that the agent mentioned?

On the Sail safe FAQ it does mention refunds but that is up to the Oct 2021 sailings

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe#sail-safe-faq

If I Already booked a cruise or have a FCC and don't want to get vaccinated , wild the cruise line provide a refund for my cruise?

Yes, if a guest has an active reservation as of April 5, 2021 for a cruise with a vaccination requirement (currently all sailings through October 31, 2021), that the guest is unable to comply with; guest will be permitted to apply the full value of all amounts paid to a new future cruise credit or, at their  discretion, be provided a cash refund in an amount equal to their original cash payment by visiting https://www.ncl.com/case-submission. Refund amount will be subject to Norwegian’s cancelation fee policy communicated to our guests at time of booking and can be found on our website https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

39 minutes ago, tumblew467 said:

Yes

Each guest must submit proof they have completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered at least 2 weeks prior to their sail date. Guests who are not old enough to be vaccinated or otherwise not eligible to be vaccinated will not be allowed on these sailings.

Guest vaccination requirements are currently for all sailings embarking through October 31, 2021 

Thank you!

Glad to see the NCL is figuring out how to restart. I have FCC from a canceled cruise that was rebooked and canceled again. The original investment wasn't a huge amount and I was drawn in by the 125% FCC since we love cruising and plan to continue. If I knew then what I know now I would have requested the refund.

At this point I will only sail with fully vaccinated ships. ( We have not small children so that is not an issue.) I will not be booking any of these initial cruises - summer is our nicest season and it is their hurricane season. Not a time I would want to cruise the carribbean.

The uncertainty of what would happen with a case or outbreak on board is enough for me to wait and see how things go.  Am glad that others seem anxious to go so that they can get everything worked out.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tumblew467 said:

On the Sail safe FAQ it does mention refunds but that is up to the Oct 2021 sailings

If I Already booked a cruise or have a FCC and don't want to get vaccinated , wild the cruise line provide a refund for my cruise?

Yes, if a guest has an active reservation as of April 5, 2021 for a cruise with a vaccination requirement (currently all sailings through October 31, 2021), that the guest is unable to comply with; guest will be permitted to apply the full value of all amounts paid to a new future cruise credit or, at their  discretion, be provided a cash refund in an amount equal to their original cash payment by visiting https://www.ncl.com/case-submission. Refund amount will be subject to Norwegian’s cancelation fee policy communicated to our guests at time of booking and can be found on our website https://www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule

Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. It will be interesting if our Thanksgiving cruise is within 60 days and they extend the vaccine requirements.

13 hours ago, BIG POOCH said:

With the reports of them requiring vaccinations, we will never be cruising on NCL again.  Hope they realize just how much this is going to hurt their business even more than it already has been.

I for one am so happy they will be requiring Vaccines!!! When you are on the ship with hundreds of people, you want to know that you are doing what you can to keep everyone safe! And can't blame NCL or any cruise line for doing all they can for safety of all guests!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

People that are saying I will not cruise if I have to get the vaccine.  I say good bye as I am on a ship cruising away and enjoying my trip.   I really do not believe that requiring you to be vaccinated will not be harmful to the bottom line.  

Agreed

• Like 1

No Vaccine, then No Travel, Simple as that,

If I am vaccinated would I take the risk to cruise with someone who has not had the vaccine. Not Likely so the cruise lines are protecting their business and their ability to restart cruising.

If you want to fly on Qantas or any airline from Australia you will need as Alan Joyce CEO of Qantas Airlines has said,  "Vaccine required if you want to Fly" .  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tumblew467 said:

See my  post above #74

😞 have to change again if this doesn't change again or grandson can't get this before Sept. This really is getting my down. Can't get our money back because we rebooked from last year to this spring then again to this fall. Can hope they change or cancel again. Each time the price has gone up :(.

Thanks

22 hours ago, Xrayest said:

Hello BIG POOCH, 

I can totally understand where you are coming from and in a way, can relate. I have cruised on NCL, and would love to again (we are not "big deals" with fancy gold stars near our names) but have had wonderful trips and would love to cruise again. That being said, I am not able to safely get this new vaccine and do not appreciate others knocking me nor insulting me because of it = YES, this would refer to anyone throwing shade onto others for whatever reason they chose to wait out the storm minus a non-FDA approved (except for emergency use) vaccine. 

I am hoping that in time, restrictions will be lifted for ALL people to travel and once again move about the countries. In the meantime, those who have decided to get the vaccine can travel and assume they are safe among their own kind when I know for a fact that immunity from COVID is not guaranteed even after being fully vaccinated. I do not place blame with NCL - businesses have been bled dry during this pandemic. This new policy is until 10/31/21 thus far. I have CruiseNext vouchers that we'd love to use eventually - but may never get that chance if the restrictions continue for years.  

Maybe we will cruise again, maybe not. If not, that's okay because we have seen the beauty of other wonderous places and as long as we are together (DH and I), then we are happy. It certainly would not be the end of my world - it's just not that detrimental to our lives and well-being. Just want you to know you are not alone in your feelings and to say ignore those who feel the need to knock you by calling you names, telling you that they are glad you won't be cruising with them, to vacation in the desert with other non-vaccinated people (that's rich. and shameful ), and other assorted condescending words of indignation. Not sure about you but I would not wish to be on a cruise, or any vacation, with those who treat others with such disrespect. I'm happy to sit this one out. Time will tell if we will cruise once again. If we do, I'd be absolutely fine if you were on the same ship.                  

Nicely stated.  I don't get all the animosity toward those who will not get the vaccine.  If you get the vaccine, YOU are protected and I am not.  Why care about what happens to me?  Clearly, with all the name-calling, many of you don't actually care.  On another board, someone actually said they would laugh at my funeral.  Wow.

• Like 3

The reality is that the amount of revenue they'll lose by requiring a vaccine is tiny compared to the revenue they'll lose if the CDC doesn't allow them to start back up this summer or if there's an outbreak onboard a ship and things get shut down again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, cruisin07family said:

Nicely stated.  I don't get all the animosity toward those who will not get the vaccine.  If you get the vaccine, YOU are protected and I am not.  Why care about what happens to me?  Clearly, with all the name-calling, many of you don't actually care.  On another board, someone actually said they would laugh at my funeral.  Wow.

I would hope it’s not with animosity that most of us point out the fact “you do you and let me do me” doesn’t really work in a cruise setting. We’re all in it together and we’re only all as protected as the least of us are.

Most of us completely understand and respect everyone has the right to choose for themselves whether they get a vaccine or not, but if cruise lines allow too many unvaccinated people to board and an outbreak arises ... some

of us are not willing to risk being quarantined indefinitely in some foreign port for the situation to play out. Now, if cruise lines and governments said “don’t worry ... even if a voyage has an outbreak all vaccinated will be able to disembark at their convenience and will be assisted with getting home” then great no issues at all.

But I do not expect that accommodation to be made. At the end of the day, an overwhelming majority of the population will be vaccinated so, to me, at least now ... while they try to establish they can do this safely (and hopefully present that data to the CDC) I see wisdom in proceeding the way NCL is.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, cruisin07family said:

Because those who don't want to get vaccinated feel the need to come on here and make it a point that they won't EVER cruise NCL again.  If you don't want to cruise NCL because you don't want to get vaccinated, that's entirely up to you.  Do you have to come here and announce it proudly?  No.  So, this is why they get blow back like this.  I don't forsake them, though I'm a little disappointed that the pandemic will last longer because of them (as the quicker we make it harder for the virus to find "homes" the quicker it will die off).  Personally I have already had my shots, my wife will get her's shortly and we don't have a cruise scheduled until late 2022.   But I would not go in a cruise where passengers are not fully vaccinated, at least for now.  My fear would be getting stuck at sea with a boatload of sick people that won't be allowed to dock and we are all stuck in our cabins. Seems like a miserable experience.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, steveknj said:

Because those who don't want to get vaccinated feel the need to come on here and make it a point that they won't EVER cruise NCL again.  If you don't want to cruise NCL because you don't want to get vaccinated, that's entirely up to you.  Do you have to come here and announce it proudly?

Actually I saw it as a threat . 😁

Edited by richstowe
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, etravel said:

I for one am so happy they will be requiring Vaccines!!! When you are on the ship with hundreds of people, you want to know that you are doing what you can to keep everyone safe! And can't blame NCL or any cruise line for doing all they can for safety of all guests!!!

It is not only for the safety of the guests but for the health of the entire cruise industry. Why chance an outbreak, even a small one, to give the CDC ammunition to pull the plug on the industry here in the US?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cruisin07family said:

My disappointment (I don't believe it is animosity) with those who refuse to be vaccinated is because it makes it more difficult for our country to reach herd immunity safely. That is all there is to it. Those folks who are not protected by the vaccines are not my concern at all if they become ill and suffer either death or long haul side effects. I just want herd immunity safely so we can all get back to normal lives again.

I want to see sports arenas at full capacity again. I want to see movie theaters and concert halls back to full capacity again. I want to see cruising get back to sailing and at full capacity again. And, that is just the tip of the iceberg of what people have to look forward to for fulfilling lives once again. Not to mention getting our economy and businesses back to pre Covid levels. All those things we had prior to Covid attacking our way of life will not happen again until that desired herd immunity is achieved, SAFELY.

Everyone who can safely get the vaccine should be vaccinated. Do it so we can all get our lives back.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 10

24 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

My disappointment (I don't believe it is animosity) with those who refuse to be vaccinated is because it makes it more difficult for our country to reach herd immunity safely. That is all there is to it. Those folks who are not protected by the vaccines are not my concern at all if they become ill and suffer either death or long haul side effects. I just want herd immunity safely so we can all get back to normal lives again.

I want to see sports arenas at full capacity again. I want to see movie theaters and concert halls back to full capacity again. I want to see cruising get back to sailing and at full capacity again. And, that is just the tip of the iceberg of what people have to look forward to for fulfilling lives once again. Not to mention getting our economy and businesses back to pre Covid levels. All those things we had prior to Covid attacking our way of life will not happen again until that desired herd immunity is achieved, SAFELY.

Everyone who can safely get the vaccine should be vaccinated. Do it so we can all get our lives back.

Exactly!!  The ones not getting vaccinated impact all of us!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

The reality is that the amount of revenue they'll lose by requiring a vaccine is tiny compared to the revenue they'll lose if the CDC doesn't allow them to start back up this summer or if there's an outbreak onboard a ship and things get shut down again.

Exactly, and between pent up demand plus reduced capacity I think they will easily be able to fill ships with the millions of people that have been vaccinated in the USA.

Honestly I think the vaccine debate with regards to cruising is becoming boring, pretty soon it will just be the reality of the industry. Maybe they can make a separate board on cruise critic for people to share their thoughts on vaccines.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

My disappointment (I don't believe it is animosity) with those who refuse to be vaccinated is because it makes it more difficult for our country to reach herd immunity safely. That is all there is to it.

1 hour ago, drew69 said:

Exactly!!  The ones not getting vaccinated impact all of us!

You have a very worrying situation

image.png.448617f30001e85dbd095fc223b8c6fc.png

On 4/6/2021 at 7:18 AM, BIG POOCH said:

With the reports of them requiring vaccinations, we will never be cruising on NCL again.  Hope they realize just how much this is going to hurt their business even more than it already has been.

Never say never. 

1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

You have a very worrying situation

Correction...if you believe the survey results,  "WE have a very worrying situation" because we are all in (this world) together.

If you believe that a vaccination is required to reach herd immunity, than this chart should frighten you to the core. Less than 70% world wide are willing to get the vaccination and this chart excludes some of the worlds most dense populations. 

• Thanks 1