July Cancelled, no new start date for Regent

mrlevin

How many of my posts have you read? I have no access to "insider information" and my guesses are sometimes wrong. I have stated this multiple times.

Mr. Del Rio hopes to start in July with 60% capacity and move to 80% in August and full capacity in September. This is fact based on his recent letter and subsequent interviews. We know, based on past experiences, that he doesn't play fast and loose with Regent so I am guessing Regent doesn't start when NCL starts. I also don't see the brand being used for 7 day booze runs...that's not the brand's image.

Summary - Regent sees a late August start with something other than low capacity Caribbean booze runs. It makes sense.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, blacksmith said:

Just booked Viking Bermuda using my Regent refund.

Not trying to be funny, just feel the need to get on a cruise ship. 

Agree with you! Unfortunately, there is no direct flight to Bermuda from Florida. We would need to change in Atlanta or Newark..spending a whole day flying. Otherwise, we would have booked this in a heartbeat. 
🤞that there will be a solution soon and we will be able to sail out of Florida. If this doesn’t happen, we will have to choose the easiest of flights. 
Sheila

Bermuda doesn't particularly interest me, frankly, even if I was allowed to travel there.  Southern Caribbean perhaps.  Just let me go back to Florida in the fall!  

I admit that if I could do Alaska this summer, or Quebec this fall, I'd be onboard, but it ain't going to happen.

1 hour ago, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

Agree with you! Unfortunately, there is no direct flight to Bermuda from Florida. We would need to change in Atlanta or Newark..spending a whole day flying. Otherwise, we would have booked this in a heartbeat. 
🤞that there will be a solution soon and we will be able to sail out of Florida. If this doesn’t happen, we will have to choose the easiest of flights. 
Sheila

Yeah, flights aren’t very appealing. We leave Phoenix at 11:30pm and arrive around noon the following day. Return flight a little better. 
The fact that we will put up with that and a whole lot more speaks volumes.

• Like 1

Just received an email from our travel agent stating that Silversea will begin cruising again in June. There will be two itineraries. The first is a ten day Greek Island cruise and the other is the Greek Islands plus the Holy Land. Bookings begin tomorrow.

Regent can’t be far behind. I suspect many of their customers will be aboard both Crystal and Silversea this summer.

• Like 2

Just received email from Regent advertising the 4 Feb 22 Bali to Bangkok cruise on Explorer.  Given that previous cruises involve Australia and New Zealand; not surprised that Regent is advertising the Bali cruise as the "initial" cruise on the currently published schedule.  I wonder if Explorer will be joining the other ships in the Caribbean, do west coast cruises, or sit idle prior to 4 Feb.

Explorer really doesn't have much in the way of public spaces for social distancing; if they start with her it is sure paying lip service to any attempt to distance (especially for the smokers).  Mariner has the most room and (IMO) should be one of the startup ships.

Rooting for Mariner (Plenty of social distancing venues.)  for October 31st Barcelona-Miami crossing segment; then, back-aboard at Tokyo--April, 2022--for segment via Russia to San Francisco.  

GOARMY!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A Tucson Guy said:

I dream of a world where there are no more elbow bumps but where people can actually shake hands. We have to check with Dr. Fauci as to when that might be!!

If you saw Dr. Fauci's answers to Congress today, the answer is ... when it feels safe. Apparently, there's no scientific criteria for it.

On the other hand, I received a Happy Birthday card from Jason Montague, wishing me joy, health and prosperity. But it would bring me more joy if he could tell me when Regent will start cruising again.

• Haha 1