FCC Now Cash Refundable

Sailing78

7 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Hope you guys never disputed with your cards (that want your money back), that disqualifies you.

I read it that way, too. Kinda feel sorry for those who'd given up hope of getting their money back and so filed a dispute. Now they've been blacklisted, yikes!

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Hope you guys never disputed with your cards (that want your money back), that disqualifies you.

Yes, as @DCGuy64 says blacklisted, they come back fighting.

xclusions may apply, but are not limited to, one of the following:

• A credit card dispute was filed for the charges.
Edited by ziggyuk

Just now, ziggyuk said:

Yes, as @DCGuy64 says blacklisted.

• A credit card dispute was filed for the charges.

Part of me hopes this just means people who successfully already got their money back by means of filing a credit card dispute. Otherwise, it implies that if you sneakily tried to get a cash refund when you'd previously agreed to just FCC, NCL will make sure you don't get it. With that said, my wife and I had booked a cruise to the Caribbean for January 2021, but had only invested 2 Cruise Next Certificates, which were promptly refunded by NCL. And which have now been used to book a Japan cruise in 2022.

• Like 1

This is an excellent gesture from NCL. Bravo!

Regarding blacklisting, I call total BS. Cruise lines aren't going to refuse any new money. After the initial pent up demand is met to use FCC's, cruise lines are going to be scrambling to fill their ships. Image is everything, and besides the loyal cruisers here on CC, the image in the public of 'floating petri dishes' is going to take years to recover from.

On a side note, RCL has always had the disclaimer that if you dispute a charge they will not allow you to sail (or at least not allow you to use that particular card again). They don't follow their own disclaimer and I suspect NCL will do the same. I disputed a charge with RCL years ago and have used the exact same card to purchase many more cruises. It's all scare tactics. Don't fall for it. Do what you think is best regarding your money/refund.

• Like 4

Got a call from NCL today, my cruise was cancelled for July 2 out of Miami. They offered all kinds of new deals and were extremely nice. But at this point I just want my money back and they were fine with that. I’m tired of waiting for this month, then the next month. This way I’ll have my cash and if another cruise line should open up (I live in Florida) I’ll have my cash.  And maybe just maybe things will open up and I could sail again in 2022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sailing78 said:

Anyone going to convert their FCC back into cash? 

http://ncl-drupal6.ncl.com:9050/suspended-sailings

Screenshot_20210406-144744_Chrome.jpg

This looks like  we qualify for a refund under the 2 nd bullet- first cancelled via Peace of Mind AND then was affected by at least one additional suspension.

When I go to the site - www.NCL.com/case-suspension as it says - all I see is a form for guest relations and it asked for Sail date and reservation number -  is that the correct form?  Which sail date and reservation number do I put in- the original sail date where I cancelled using POM or the subsequent one they cancelled? There are no instructions. They ask for evidence to be attached, but they do not say what evidence they need.

Help- any guidance would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Regarding blacklisting, I call total BS. Cruise lines aren't going to refuse any new money. After the initial pent up demand is met to use FCC's, cruise lines are going to be scrambling to fill their ships.

Clearly a Blacklist for FFC cash refunds not booking cruises 😂

An FCC has been transferred.

The current FCC holder is not the original FCC recipient.

A credit card dispute was filed for the charges.

The FCC is applied to an active and existing reservation.

The FCC has been partially applied.

Note:  It says "may" apply.  People who disputed either got their money back, were denied, or the case still in limbo.  I don't think it's a punishment for those who disputed....just not to confuse the situation because of "temporary credits" given.  People who were denied may be able to get the cash refund.

• Like 1

It was a bittersweet day.  After three cancellations, we requested a refund. This pretty much seals the deal on us not sailing until 2023 at least.  We couldn't fit anything in this year and next summer is even tougher if we want to take the kids.

• Like 1

I had filed a dispute with my card when Norwegian refused to issue me a refund for my original payout. My card company was useless and charged me back the amount simply because Norwegian responded with a pile of paperwork that had nothing to do with the dispute.

I would think you would not be eligible for a refund if you already received it via a contested charge or if you are in an active dispute of the charge. My request was denied, so hopefully I have no issues getting refunded.

After my contested charge was denied, I reached out to the attorney general in my state and they reached out to Norwegian. Norwegian responded that they are more than happy to refund my money to me and all I have to do is submit another request on their website. I didn't realize their policy had changed. 

I have sent the refund request today. Wish me luck! I hope everyone else can get their refunds as well. Normally I would have no problem booking another cruise but with them price gouging, it's just not going to happen and with their poor customer service I received, I will not use this cruise line ever again.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gershep said:

Good news for those that no longer want their FCC.

Yes it is and since the cruises supposedly starting up in July all passengers must be vaccinated don't think NCL had any other option than to start to refund as many can't/won't vaccinate, children currently can not.

I'm glad I never opted for FCC and took refund back to my cc for each cancelled cruise

• Like 1

Well its a sad day but happy at the same time, after or most recent Alaska cancellation and the fact that the 2022 bookings for the cabin we wanted are already sold out, we decided to take advantage of this FCC to Cash refund and take our money while we still can. I just finished up filling out the forms on NCL to request the refund for both of our cabins. Then in the future we can rebook our Alaska trip once things start to return to some sense of normalcy.  

Edited by Matco

The request form is extremely generic, mostly asking for info not relevant to FCC issue, like current booking. I hope I assumed correctly that they have my multiple suspension history at hand and I didn't have to dig up a bunch of old booking numbers or dates or worst of all have to attach my various suspension letters.

when I spoke to the NCL chat guy he said to use the most recent cancellation booking number and they would then look at the account and go from there. When I filled out the form I added in the comments section FCC to cash refund, so we will see how long it takes to get approval