FCC Now Cash Refundable

Sailing78

I am happy about this.  Had first suspension on Alaska May 2020.  We rebooked for May 2021 but changed to May 2022 before the 2021 one was canceled.  If that one isn't possible I will be glad to just get  my almost $5k back versus sitting around until who knows when.  I hope though I don't have to request money back and we could just set sail in a little over a year. 

I also think it is awesome, if they do mandate COVID vax after Nov 1st that people who either choose not to get the vax or are unable to get the vax are able to get their money back, if they continue that policy. 

Edited by nicoleinwi

On 4/6/2021 at 3:48 PM, Sailing78 said:

Anyone going to convert their FCC back into cash? 

http://ncl-drupal6.ncl.com:9050/suspended-sailings

Screenshot_20210406-144744_Chrome.jpg

Is this a personal message in your My NCL email? I can't get to this site.

Okay, I found it. It's here: https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/suspended-sailings

Scroll down the page and look under the second FAQ question about refund requests.

refund request submitted 830am 4/12, refund preliminary confirmation received 430pm 4/14. Not too bad, email says that we meet the criteria for a refund but that it needs a second review before it is issued. Now we wait for the next email, has anyone already received their refund yet? 

I actually would have wanted this.. however.. we transferred my Mom and my Neices FCCs to me and my daughter.. and those can not be converted now to the refund based on the exclusions..

AND it also states " FCC currently assigned to a reservation"...

So I had rebooked to a cruise in December. Not sure if we can cancel booking and still get money back for the 2 of us....

5 hours ago, michele.westphall said:

AND it also states " FCC currently assigned to a reservation"...

So I had rebooked to a cruise in December. Not sure if we can cancel booking and still get money back for the 2 of us....

So you applied FCC to Dec cruise? It wouldn't even let me apply FCC to a down payment or whatever it's called, and there was no reason for me to spend FCC before much later deadlines. Even my down payment seems to be refundable under the pre-Halloween sailings promotion. Probably my luck will turn sour and have a snag on a technicality anyway.

PS later edit: I have to enthuse that as I typed NCL gave me prelim FCC refund approval, bless their hearts. A potential obstacle is the cc they would refund to no longer exists; that is I had to have at least the acct number changed due to attempted charges by online thieves. Lucky I didn't cancel the account as was my first inclination.

Edited by dumbth

13 hours ago, dumbth said:

So you applied FCC to Dec cruise? It wouldn't even let me apply FCC to a down payment or whatever it's called, and there was no reason for me to spend FCC before much later deadlines. Even my down payment seems to be refundable under the pre-Halloween sailings promotion. Probably my luck will turn sour and have a snag on a technicality anyway.

PS later edit: I have to enthuse that as I typed NCL gave me prelim FCC refund approval, bless their hearts. A potential obstacle is the cc they would refund to no longer exists; that is I had to have at least the acct number changed due to attempted charges by online thieves. Lucky I didn't cancel the account as was my first inclination.

I have found that if your account number changed, your credit card company will transfer the credit to the new number automatically.

If the account was cancelled, after NCL sends them the credit, you can call the credit card company to request a check to be mailed to you.

Edited by oregonian123
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 12:38 AM, New2Cruisescene said:

I also see this change, hopefully we get an update email soon

Do not wait for an update email. I logged into my credit card this morning and my refund was there!  No follow up email has come from NCL yet.  My credit card alerted me to a merchant credit, so I checked. The money came back as 4 separate credits from NCL for very different odd amounts, but the total of the 4 credits was exactly what I was owed to the penny. Great job NCL on processing time since my request to turn my FCC into money refund!

26 minutes ago, Matco said:

About how long did your refund take? 

I submitted the original request on April 7 and received conditional approval email the next day. The money was showing in my credit card today April  30.  They had originally said to allow 90 days from submission request to get funds back on credit card. 

• Like 1

Seems like a decent timeline, Thanks for the info. I submitted mine on 4/12 got the preliminary approval two days later on 4/14 and in theory based on your time line I could potentially have the funds back by next week.... but we will see  

Edited by Matco

It might be they only issue at end of months. I got prelim approval 4/15 but FCC is still stuck in my account. I hope NCL comes thru in time (or at all) for some big dental charges reaching my cc. I committed to having elective work done after making a quick killing in crypto, which I lost soon after. 😝

I submitted my refund request on April 8th, received a response on the 13th, and my refund showed up on my credit card today (May 3rd).  I'm bummed that this closes the book on us going on a cruise over the next couple of years, but it is nice to have our $7,000 back.  That was a lot of money to have floating out there for almost a year and a half.

We've had three cruises cancelled since this began.

Well just like I thought the NCL refund showed up in our accounts today 5/4 but shows a posting date of 5/1, 22 days total from the initial request to refund showing up. Like others have said its both a happy and sad day, happy to have the money back but sad that we missed out on our trip

On 5/4/2021 at 7:21 AM, Matco said:

Well just like I thought the NCL refund showed up in our accounts today 5/4 but shows a posting date of 5/1, 22 days total from the initial request to refund showing up. Like others have said its both a happy and sad day, happy to have the money back but sad that we missed out on our trip

Just saw my refund on my cc this morning, similar to everyone else, got my initial review email April 14th then shortly after the credit vanished from my account and now just this morning my credit appeared on my CC.  Will still go cruise again some day but at least won't have to pay inflated prices and by a certain deadline.  

I am still twisting in the wind, having been 1 day behind others in getting prelim approval. I imagine only on the last day of every month they will check to see if there is any cash to disperse, if the refund program hasn't been cancelled by then.

If I get a refund, I plan to hang tight for a few years for the demand bubble to settle down, then catching up with some back to back cruises.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 3:07 PM, dumbth said:

I am still twisting in the wind, having been 1 day behind others in getting prelim approval. I imagine only on the last day of every month they will check to see if there is any cash to disperse, if the refund program hasn't been cancelled by then.

If I get a refund, I plan to hang tight for a few years for the demand bubble to settle down, then catching up with some back to back cruises.

Dumbth - Did you ever get your refund? I’m considering applying for a refund at this point.