Silversea Shadow - Impressions & Refurbishment

RetiredandTravel

Currently seriously considering Australia/NZ in 2023 on the Shadow.

We like the smaller ship concept.

If you have travelled on the Shadow (especially to Australia) I'd appreciate your feedback.

It appears that the Shadow went through a major refurbishment late 2019 so its traveled minimally since the refurbishment.

If you travelled on the Shadow after the refurbishments I'd also like your feedback.

thanks

I very much like the new version of Shadow.  RCL obviously made a significant financial investment in the refreshing/renovation.  Especially welcome from my point of view was the reconstruction of deck five public space and the establishment there of a coffee/alcoholic drinks bar with time-appropriate snacks from 6:30 AM until very late at night. 

Whisper is also a lovely ship, and it has been well looked after by SS, in part because it has been frequently used for world cruises.  It does not have the coffee/alcohol/snack bar on deck five that was added to Shadow.  But one will hardly go thirsty or hungry on any Silversea ship.  For example, early morning coffee and pastries and fruit are available in the Panorama Lounge on Whisper (rather than on deck five as on Shadow.)  Some early risers even prefer the Whisper arrangement because one can easily take one's coffee/juice/pastry outside. 

2 hours ago, RetiredandTravel said:

Thank you, when I look closer some of the 2023 Australian/NZ cruises are also on the Whisper which was refurbished in 2018.  Any feedback on the Whisper would also be appreciated.

It was still feeling pretty fresh when we got off it in March last year.

We were on it when it shut down & I will forever be grateful that if we had to be one one ship out there, we were on the Shadow.  Granted a big suite would have been more comfortable but the regular veranda was fine!  The remodel was excellent to bring it in line with the newer ships.  Maybe it's because the Shadow was our first Silversea cruise in 2007 but it just feels "homey."  There is plenty of closet & drawer space & I like the double sinks too.  The newer ships have more bells & whistles but the Shadow has a lot of character.  We're scheduled to be back on board in Sept. but who knows?  I just want to see the crew again & tell them how much we've missed them!  My heart aches for them.

• Like 1