September

So I've spent a long time reading through alllll the posts as well as the FAQ's online and I think I am right in saying that in September when I cruise, I will be able to get off and do my own things in ports without needing to buy NCL excursions.

I will however need to be fully vaccinated and wear a mask in indoor locations.

Is that right? If so, awesome 🙂

Just waiting on my second dose now. 

(sailing Epic out of Rome September 15th)

• Like 1

It has been reported that Katina Athanasiou, chief sales officer said the following:

Guests looking to go ashore will need to purchase a Norwegian Cruise Line organized excursion, and Athanasiou said she didn’t expect the shore excursion offerings to see any significant adjustments. That policy will stay in place for July and August and be reevaluated on a periodic basis. 

so for September who knows. I was disappointed that she didn't see any significant adjustments, I would have hoped that the prices would have been reduced since the customers have no choice now

18 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

It has been reported that Katina Athanasiou, chief sales officer said the following:

Guests looking to go ashore will need to purchase a Norwegian Cruise Line organized excursion, and Athanasiou said she didn’t expect the shore excursion offerings to see any significant adjustments. That policy will stay in place for July and August and be reevaluated on a periodic basis. 

so for September who knows. I was disappointed that she didn't see any significant adjustments, I would have hoped that the prices would have been reduced since the customers have no choice now

Yeah, I read that, which is why I am assuming they are hoping September to be back to normal for excursions

2 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Yeah, I read that, which is why I am assuming they are hoping September to be back to normal for excursions

I think if the were back to normal they would says so, just too early to commit being 5 months out.

Just now, ziggyuk said:

I think if the were back to normal they would says so, just too early to commit being 5 months out.

Yeah, of course.

I'm happy to sail with either plan but I can't afford NCL excursions for every port, so would need to stay on board in some places if that was the case 🙂

40 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Yeah, of course.

I'm happy to sail with either plan but I can't afford NCL excursions for every port, so would need to stay on board in some places if that was the case 🙂

I'm due to go on a Baltic sailing in September, I can't afford NCL prices for St Petersburg and their excursions don't cover all the things I want to see.  If I am forced to take NCL excursions at their prices I will cancel the cruise and go at a later date

12 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

I'm due to go on a Baltic sailing in September, I can't afford NCL prices for St Petersburg and their excursions don't cover all the things I want to see.  If I am forced to take NCL excursions at their prices I will cancel the cruise and go at a later date

I'll still go, just stay on the ship. The ship is my holiday, the ports are just a bonus 🙂

• Like 2