Shareholder benefit

JPH814

Anyone thinking of taking advantage of that benefit should consider buying now. When this is over, Carnival may never again drop below 30 a share. I increased my shares when it was under 10 and never plan to drop below 200 as I imagine that at some point they may increase the shares needed to get the benefit. My guess is that yesterdays news pushes Carnival over 30 today never to drop below again. 

Edited by asalligo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

30.55 at the moment, and making this shareholder very very happy that I got what I did at 7.99. 😃  Just wishing I had grabbed a whole lot more at that price!!

Me too, already quadrupled in value, wish I had sunk all I had in it. 

• Like 1

In my opinion Carnival stock is overvalued to the point of stupidity. Up to their necks in debt, have not made a dime in over a year, who knows when they will sail again, have diluted their stock value  by selling millions of extra shares, etc etc. Was a great deal at $7.99  which is probably what it is worth at the moment. 

Long term think it would be a great stock to own, and will keep what I own. Would be very wary of buying new shares at the current price.

No matter what happens to the stock..............look forward to being on one of their ships ASAP or on any ship. Given up on sailing out of the US and making reservations sailing elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 10:30 AM, asalligo said:

Me too, already quadrupled in value, wish I had sunk all I had in it. 

I had bought 100 shares at 7.99, and then 100 at 17.  Too chicken to buy more, as that was my first dabble in the market!

I have exactly 100 shares that I bought at $18 just for the shareholder benefit. My plan was to hold onto them for the benefit, but if it goes over $36 I think I'm going to sell. The profit I will make off of those will be a lot more than the shareholder benefit I would be earning since we only cruise once every couple years or so. I'll put that chunk of change in our future cruise fund 🙂

Feeling so jealous! After years of saying I was going to buy 100 shares of both CCL and RCL for the shareholder benefits, I finally did in January 2020 at $45 and $115 respectively. Yup, what an idiot, right? I can laugh at it now, but it was painful watching the bottom fall out one week later. 

3 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

Feeling so jealous! After years of saying I was going to buy 100 shares of both CCL and RCL for the shareholder benefits, I finally did in January 2020 at $45 and $115 respectively. Yup, what an idiot, right? I can laugh at it now, but it was painful watching the bottom fall out one week later. 

Bummer, and you can't even cruise to get the benefit. Sad situation.

3 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

Misery loves company. Welcome aboard.

On 4/7/2021 at 5:43 AM, asalligo said:

When this is over, Carnival may never again drop below 30 a share.

That is a forward looking statement that has no basis in fact. The market prices the stock based on many factors, but there is nothing to suggest the stock has a floor at $30. Some once rock solid stocks have fallen to zero and wiped out the shareholders entirely. Pan Am and Kodak come to mind. 

Be aware that the $50 share price before the debacle will probably not return anytime soon. One reason a significantly lower capacity, the other is a rather large number of shares have been sold recently to keep the company afloat. (pun intended) The total shares will have an impact on the price going forward, and the additional shares dilutes the value of the current shareholders. Carnival is an odd duck in the investment world as there is a US based company and a UK based company, as a LLC and PLC respectfully. They report as a combined entity, and shares trade on New York and London stock exchanges. 

The stockholder benefit is a wonderful  gesture on the part of the board of directors. However, before you invest please take advice from a professional if purchasing CCL shares is suitable for you. 

On 4/12/2021 at 6:39 PM, BlerkOne said:

Some Carnival brands are cruising. Not sure if Americans are welcome to sail, though.

More for my info than anyone else's, let's list the Corporation's lines, when they plan to sail, and who's welcome to sail on those first sailings:

Carnival - TBD, TBD

Princess - August, UK residents only

Holland - TBD, TBD

Seabourn - July, anyone fully vaccinated who can get to Greece?

Cunard - June, UK residents only

AIDA - sailing now, German residents only

Costa - May, Italian/EU/Schengen residents only?

P&O UK - June, UK residents only

P&O Australia - TBD, TBD

It looks like the only hope (a slim one) for an American to cruise on a Carnival Corporation ship this summer is Seabourn..  This kind of thing changes on a moment's notice, of course.

I see Carnival listings for Australia, Carnival Splendor from Sydney in Aug. 2021 and later. July cruises were listed in the search but came up, "Oh Snap." Are those being cancelled from month to month along with Carnival's cruises in the Carribbean?

On 4/8/2021 at 10:39 PM, kona_wahine said:

I kick myself for not getting it when I was looking at $11.  I ended up about $25. I put in for the benefit and just got my email a couple days ago and the credit is showing on my cruise docs. 

Hello,

I brought 200 shares when is was at $7.50. I have 2 cruises booked one for oct and another for Europe next year. Please can you tell me where I have to sent the statement.

They need to see my account number?

Thank you

Isa

Edited by Isasprings

Isasprings I hope this helps:

CARNIVAL CORP SHAREHOLDERS ONBOARD CREDIT

After the reservation has been made, the shareholder must provide their legal name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example: photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with the brokerage account number blacked out) at the time of deposit. 

Important Note: Due to security requirements, shareholder statements can only be faxed, emailed or physically mailed. If the guest chooses to email, please advise them of the email disclaimer (below) and document the booking.

Required information should be sent at the time of deposit to Guest Services Admin as follows:

Mail:
Carnival Cruise Line
ATT: Guest Admin Supervisor
Guest Admin, Mailstop MSM2-200
3655 NW 87 Avenue
Miami, FL 33178-2428

Fax Number: 305 406-6102 

Email: shareholders@carnival.com 
Email Disclaimer: If you choose to email, you do so at your own risk and with the knowledge that email is inherently an insecure method of communication.

For further information, please contact Guest Services Admin at 70450.

6 hours ago, Lasombra52 said:

Isasprings I hope this helps:

CARNIVAL CORP SHAREHOLDERS ONBOARD CREDIT

After the reservation has been made, the shareholder must provide their legal name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (for example: photocopy of shareholder proxy card, a dividend tax voucher or a current brokerage or nominee statement with the brokerage account number blacked out) at the time of deposit. 

Important Note: Due to security requirements, shareholder statements can only be faxed, emailed or physically mailed. If the guest chooses to email, please advise them of the email disclaimer (below) and document the booking.

Required information should be sent at the time of deposit to Guest Services Admin as follows:

Mail:
Carnival Cruise Line
ATT: Guest Admin Supervisor
Guest Admin, Mailstop MSM2-200
3655 NW 87 Avenue
Miami, FL 33178-2428

Fax Number: 305 406-6102 

Email: shareholders@carnival.com 
Email Disclaimer: If you choose to email, you do so at your own risk and with the knowledge that email is inherently an insecure method of communication.

For further information, please contact Guest Services Admin at 70450.

Thank you 🙏 

On 4/15/2021 at 9:45 AM, Lasombra52 said:

If you choose to email, you do so at your own risk and with the knowledge that email is inherently an insecure method of communication.

CCL sure doesn't have an issue bombarding my in box with unsolicited emails....LOL.   THEY LOVE sending emails along with their PVP's.