September cruise cancelled

fudge

Yes, notwithstanding the statement on the website (updated today) that the Moon will start on June 18, the first cruise listed, if you search for all cruises by ship name, is September 16, 2021 from Athens.  That seems to be the inaugural cruise now.

Edited by dawntrdr

Thats a relief so there is still hope for Shadow although sorry for your loss. Your cruise does not appear on the SS site when searched although the one following still does. 
On another thread the Moon is said to be cancelled in June so looks like something may be in the pipeline for SS using Moon this summer or am I just getting stir crazy and clutching at straws?

• Like 1

On FB a canceled guest said that the Moon's summer itineraries (June thru early Sept) will now be Greece.  The Resumption of itineraries page on SS website is now updated as of April 8 and says the Moon's first voyage is in June. However, the main SS website shows no summer itineraries--yet.

Believe something in the Silversea itinerary kitchen for the Moon this summer is in the oven.

2 hours ago, fudge said:

Just to let everyone know, our Venice to Athens cruise starting September 9th Has just been cancelled by Silversea.

Dear Esteemed Guest,

I hope this email finds you safe and well.

I am writing to inform you that due to the current unprecedented circumstances Silversea has taken the difficult decision to cancel your upcoming cruise departing on September 9th, 2021 aboard Silver Moon. 

Needless to say, we cannot wait to welcome you onboard soon, and I am delighted to inform you that we will resume cruising in the Eastern Mediterranean aboard Silver Moon from June 18, 2021. Silver Moon will depart on brand new 10-day itineraries from Greece which will be unveiled and on general sale from April 15. To compensate for this situation, which is completely beyond our control, we are pleased to extend the following offers for your consideration, so that you can sail with us when the time is right.

15% savings* on any new cruise date (including the new upcoming Silver Moon Itineraries), when booking before the 6th of May. World Cruise excluded.

b)    A Future Cruise Credit (FCC), valued at 110%* of the total booking amount to be used to reserve a cruise within 24 months of the issue date, for all open sailings. Future Cruise Credits are transferable to family and friends, and can be used partially and applied to more than one new booking.

As an added benefit, Venetian Society members, when transferring the booking to another voyage or selecting a Future Cruise Credit, will accumulate cruise days on the cancelled voyage as well as on the new voyage.*

If you prefer option (a), please contact your Travel Advisor before the 6th of May.
If you prefer option (b), you do not need to do anything. On 7th of May 2021, your Travel Advisor will automatically receive your FCC for 110% of the booking value via email.

IMPORTANT: If you booked your Silversea Cruise as part of a package with a Tour Operator or Travel Agency, then please refer to them for the full terms and conditions of your overall package and any elements other than the cruise, as the 110% FCC may not apply.

While are deeply sorry to have to cancel a trip you were surely looking forward to, we hope the new  Silver Moon voyages will serve as an inspiration to plan your next world exploration with us.

Best personal regards,

Barbara Muckermann

18 minutes ago, fudge said:
Dear Esteemed Guest,

I hope this email finds you safe and well.

I am writing to inform you that due to the current unprecedented circumstances Silversea has taken the difficult decision to cancel your upcoming cruise departing on September 9th, 2021 aboard Silver Moon. 

Needless to say, we cannot wait to welcome you onboard soon, and I am delighted to inform you that we will resume cruising in the Eastern Mediterranean aboard Silver Moon from June 18, 2021. Silver Moon will depart on brand new 10-day itineraries from Greece which will be unveiled and on general sale from April 15. To compensate for this situation, which is completely beyond our control, we are pleased to extend the following offers for your consideration, so that you can sail with us when the time is right.

15% savings* on any new cruise date (including the new upcoming Silver Moon Itineraries), when booking before the 6th of May. World Cruise excluded.

b)    A Future Cruise Credit (FCC), valued at 110%* of the total booking amount to be used to reserve a cruise within 24 months of the issue date, for all open sailings. Future Cruise Credits are transferable to family and friends, and can be used partially and applied to more than one new booking.

As an added benefit, Venetian Society members, when transferring the booking to another voyage or selecting a Future Cruise Credit, will accumulate cruise days on the cancelled voyage as well as on the new voyage.*

If you prefer option (a), please contact your Travel Advisor before the 6th of May.
If you prefer option (b), you do not need to do anything. On 7th of May 2021, your Travel Advisor will automatically receive your FCC for 110% of the booking value via email.

IMPORTANT: If you booked your Silversea Cruise as part of a package with a Tour Operator or Travel Agency, then please refer to them for the full terms and conditions of your overall package and any elements other than the cruise, as the 110% FCC may not apply.

While are deeply sorry to have to cancel a trip you were surely looking forward to, we hope the new  Silver Moon voyages will serve as an inspiration to plan your next world exploration with us.

Best personal regards,

Barbara Muckermann

I love the fact that they have stopped informing you about the cash refund option!

• Like 2

The cash refund option was clearly stated in the cancellation email I received this morning, I'll copy it below with a few surrounding lines to provide reference.

"If you prefer option (b), you do not need to do anything. On 7th of May 2021, you will automatically receive your FCC for 110% of the booking value via email.

A cash refund option is also available, please consult with your Personal Cruise Consultant.

While are deeply sorry to have to cancel a trip you were surely looking forward to, we hope these voyages serve as an inspiration to plan your next world exploration with us."

On 4/8/2021 at 11:38 AM, fudge said:

Just to let everyone know, our Venice to Athens cruise starting September 9th Has just been cancelled by Silversea.

As our cruise is the one immediately before yours I guess that means us too 😪, we had an email from agent today suggesting we should be rebooking but it didn’t specifically mention a cancellation of the Moon, Rome to Venice 🤌🏻 I have asked for clarification. 
2nd cancellation this year so we will see what options we are given before deciding what to do about rebooking .

11 hours ago, etual324 said:

We are on the Shadow  Venice to Athens  8 Sept and were still a go but who knows ??

Good luck, Venice is Riddled with COVID, I guess thats why they cancelled our cruise? What is more annoying is that we had a very very generous on board credit, SS will not honour that OBC for any future cruise we may book.

My TA told me yesterday that SS told her my 7/27 Rome-Venice is still scheduled even though it is shown as waitlisted.  They plan to sail at a reduced capacity.  More info on 4/15 so I'll just wait to see what happens.

We were going for a FCC however, this is the second SS cruise we have lost through no fault of SS however,  will go back to Seabourn now and ask for a refund from SS. Really disappointed with SS over this.

19 minutes ago, fudge said:

We were going for a FCC however, this is the second SS cruise we have lost through no fault of SS however,  will go back to Seabourn now and ask for a refund from SS. Really disappointed with SS over this.

Sorry to hear that, hope you might get tempted to try again when things get back to some sort of normal.

So what are the chances that my TA on Moon in mid November will happen?  Lisbon to FT Lauderdale

Portugal currently "closed."  How much notice can I expect?  I would make alternative arrangements with sufficient notice.

This is to be my first Silversea Cruise and I really do not know how the line operates in terms of cancellation notifications.

51 minutes ago, bitob said:

So what are the chances that my TA on Moon in mid November will happen?  Lisbon to FT Lauderdale

Portugal currently "closed."  How much notice can I expect?  I would make alternative arrangements with sufficient notice.

This is to be my first Silversea Cruise and I really do not know how the line operates in terms of cancellation notifications.

Are you sure you are on the Moon? It is going Athens to Singapore in Nov.

3 hours ago, Pendle Witch said:

We are on Spirit in October from Lisbon to Barcelona, fingers crossed it will still go ahead.

We are on the one before ... Southampton to Lisbon. I am trying not to be optimistic to to avoid disappointment 😀