September cruise cancelled

fudge

On 4/12/2021 at 3:57 AM, Pendle Witch said:

We are on Spirit in October from Lisbon to Barcelona, fingers crossed it will still go ahead.

I am on her in October as well.........my sailing is Lisbon/Lisbon.  🤞 Crossed Fingers Emoji on Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update

On 4/12/2021 at 12:44 AM, bitob said:

So what are the chances that my TA on Moon in mid November will happen?  Lisbon to FT Lauderdale

Portugal currently "closed."  How much notice can I expect?  I would make alternative arrangements with sufficient notice.

This is to be my first Silversea Cruise and I really do not know how the line operates in terms of cancellation notifications.

Hopefully it sails (I did think you meant Dawn)...... Im on a sailing a month later to Lima.... which I'm skeptical about and so not just the progress in Europe that will decide its fate, but also onging sailings to South America.

Of course the biggest nightmare is that the logistics all need top be assembled and think that needs to be in place a good 2 months out at least. Who knows what barriers will be in place. I thought there was a good chance that the UK would get a run in sailings for the Summer, but the Philippines being added to the UK red list likely killed that.

I was on a zoom presentation with Silversea's Mark Conroy (organized by Tully) in which he stated that he was as certain as possible in a pandemic that the Greek Moon itineraries would go this summer.  We booked a btb (the June18th and 28th sailings) to replace our Jun10th Spirit Scandinavian cruise, which had been canceled (our 6th or 7th SS cruise canceled during the pandemic). When questioned, he said Iceland was a possibility later in the summer, but had not been finalized and UK cruises were potentially possible if Britain re-opens May 17th as is apparently being discussed. Norway, Sweden and Denmark were said to be very very unlikely this summer. The crew of the Origin is vaccinated and they hope to have sailings in the Galapagos starting by June.  They plan on having the Muse  start in the fall in Japan.  They hope to have the Moon resume its previously planned itineraries beginning in October. He explained that getting the crew vaccinated and getting countries to open their borders to tourists were the 2 biggest issues for the re-start.  Apparently the Greek and Ecuadorian governments provided vaccine for the crew of the 2 vaccinated ships. The hope is to have most ships in operation by October, all in operation by January and a full season in 2022. However, when asked about Australia in early 2022 (we have a Feb  '22 booked) he indicated it was a crapshoot.  While its not my first choice itinerary, I'm glad to (hopefully) get back on a Silversea ship

• Like 3

“15% savings* on any new cruise date (including the new upcoming Silver Moon Itineraries), when booking before the 6th of May. World Cruise excluded.

b)    A Future Cruise Credit (FCC), valued at 110%* of the total booking amount to be used to reserve a cruise within 24 months of the issue date, for all open sailings. Future Cruise Credits are transferable to family and friends, and can be used partially and applied to more than one new booking.”

Is that an either / or scenario?

Can you book at new cruise and get the 15% discount as well as the 110% FCC?

I thought as much but the email is very badly phrased as to your options .... even worse are the t&c’s which appear to be way out of date. The ones on my email are referring to booking cruises from the 2020 itinerary?

The 15% ‘discount’ coupled with what is effectively a 100% refund will be the better option for me I think.  

• Like 1