Silver Moon Greece 10 day itineraries beginning June, 2021

WesW

“Our guests share our excitement for our eagerly-anticipated healthy return to service. In recent months, we have seen the cruise industry resume responsibly in destinations around the world and we are delighted to announce these new inaugural sailings for our flagship,” says Roberto Martinoli, President and CEO of Silversea Cruises. “Vaccinations will play a critical role in ensuring the health and safety of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit, which we prioritise above all else. Paired with our science-backed onboard procedures, which leverage on the expertise of the Royal Caribbean Group’s Healthy Sail Panel, vaccinations will enable our guests to travel deep into the world once again, with a renewed sense of appreciation for our beautiful planet. Backed by the Royal Caribbean Group, we have introduced a range of initiatives—including our ‘Cruise with Confidence’ programme and our COVID-19 protections—to enable our guests to travel in superlative comfort and with unwavering confidence.”

Interesting 🤔. Guess we need to wait until 15th April to see how long the 10 day itineraries go on around Greece and if the plans extend to other countries. We are currently booked for Aug 23rd Rome to Venice via Greece and Croatia etc. but Italy is a massive obstacle at this time . We will be fully vaccinated by May 4th so that’s 1 criterion met 👍🏻

Most likely will book a b2b itinerary on the Moon next Thursday transferring my Silver Cloud Tromso to Reykjavik, Reykjavik to Kangerslussuag July/August booking.

Just have the planet's best Travel Agent 🙂 . Top seller of all Lux cruise lines, Worlds top seller of Tauck, et. al.

Edited by WesW

Greece may be okay today but most of other countries that usually feature on a Med cruise are not.Do not fancy a Greece only Med cruise or the alternative of a UK/Greece return including two weeks of sea days to get there and back.It is sad that the Cruising industry faces more than its fair share of problems to overcome before we can all enjoy the unforgettable memories of the past with some sense of Normality!!

Taking Flight, I took the Moon's nine day October  to Athens itinerary for a Deluxe Veranda ($7290/9=$810) am guessing the cost for a ten day Moon cruise for a deluxe veranda will be about $8100.

As it stands at this moment in time .... every ‘non expedition’ cruise for June is shown as waitlisted? July looks to be OK?

I am hoping that this is because they are full to the reduced capacity ... but this may be naive on my behalf 😏In all probability I expect my June (Spirit) cruise to be cancelled

10 hours ago, TakingFlight said:

Does your travel agent’s insight extend to the possible pricing of this cruise?

I was hoping someone would ask this question. 

2 hours ago, WesW said:

Taking Flight, I took the Moon's nine day October  to Athens itinerary for a Deluxe Veranda ($7290/9=$810) am guessing the cost for a ten day Moon cruise for a deluxe veranda will be about $8100.

Naturally this is cost per person??

• Like 1

Yes, but please know it's my best guess based on the Moon's Athens to Athens 9 day voyage in October.  I will even have to pay 50% more as a single (my wife is staying home with our 17 year old pup)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WesW said:

Yes, but please know it's my best guess based on the Moon's Athens to Athens 9 day voyage in October.  I will even have to pay 50% more as a single (my wife is staying home with our 17 year old pup)

50% more? You may be lucky, but the solo supplement for popular cruises, which usually includes Med cruises, is normally 75%. 
And given the pent up demand and the number of FCCs out there, I doubt SS will feel the need to offer any inducement to fill what I assume will be a reduced cabin capacity. 
As a solo cruiser, I am very aware of solo pricing. 

Was told by a senior SS executive that the single sup should not be more than 50%, if it is will pass on the Iceland voyages.  The Moon October Athens to Athens nine day voyage has a 50% single sup.

Edited by WesW