Your Favorite Cruise

Scout16

To get away from the current problems, remember the good times in the past and to look to better times in the future, I ask what was your favorite cruise?

Mine was on the Voyager in 2010 from Copenhagen to Copenhagen along the coast of Norway all the way to Spitsbergen.  The ship was comfortable, the weather was cool (the summer before I had been in the Med with near one hundred degree high humidity), the country of Norway was clean a beautiful, and  the guides were all easy to understand.

• Like 1

Our favorite (hard to pick one) was the Amazon River cruise on the Navigator.  The time on the river was very interesting (including the people in one port dressing up like natives).  The meeting or the waters at various places was not to be missed- and we didn't.  The lectures were just great. We also enjoyed the Caribbean islands we stopped at.  This is one we would take again, because every port had quite a bit of things to do.  

• Like 1

Our 2018 WC on Navigator.  Was our first WC.  A few excitements along the way such as losing power for a short time in the middle of the Pacific en route to Hawaii.....and getting stuck on a sand bar as we left Bali. But the real deal for us was the time spent with such wonderful people - crew and passengers alike- and some ports that were new to us. We were also supposed to be on this year's WC but....

Just hoping against hope that our Vancouver-Tokyo  voyage is a "go" this fall.

Our favorite was our cruise on the Voyager from Beijing to Bangkok.  Not only was the scenery beautiful, but the people were friendly and informative.  The only glitch was when I got lost at Angkor Was.  Luckily I had my room key with the address of the hotel so a wonderful cabby could get me back to the hotel.  Small price to pay for an otherwise fabulous trip.

Looking forward to our first world cruise leaving SF this January.

Well my favourite wasn't a Regent cruise; it was a Nile cruise with Uniworld.  But that had everything to do with the destination, which was truly a trip of a lifetime.

But a Regent cruise?  Perhaps the Paul Gauguin, 14 day Marquesas trip.  Wonderful weather, great cabin, terrific crew, funny anecdotes, amazing scenery.  And yes, this was a Regent cruise.

Second I think might be our Mariner SA trip, Miami to Lima.  Just loved that ship!

• Like 1

Wow.. what a good question. Several come to mind. 
Africa with the pre sail days on Safari.

Norway.. on Navigator all the way to Murmansk. 
Shanghai to Bangkok with 10 post cruise tour to      Cambodia and Chaing Mai.

Athens to Istanbul ...  in 2003 

sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

Our favorite Regent cruise was the Circumnavigation of Australia Dec./Jan. 2018-19. Good staff, crew, lecturers, and passengers. Regent went “all out” to make the cruise special from traditional onboard activities—Country Fair, ship barbecue, benefit auction, etc., to special events—preCruise dinner with animals, New Year’s Eve in Bali, Australian Open. And, we got to Sydney and home without incident!

• Like 1

We are hoping our first Regent cruise will happen this fall, so I can’t pick that yet so...

We did a 14 night no stops from Barbados to Lisbon in the spring on the Windsurf - that is Windstar’s 300 pax sailing ship. However, there were only 33 passengers and a full crew complement. We had beautiful weather and it was as if we were on an enormous private yacht. 

Picking a favourite cruise here is difficult.  But in terms of a peak experience on a Regent ship, chugging up the Bosphorus at dusk going from Athens to the Black Sea on the dear departed Diamond has to be near the top of my list.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer
  • Like 1

Ny favorites are

1. Dubai to Cape Town where i went on my 1st safari, saw a river full of hippos, visited the Taj Mahal and may other wonderfully interesting places

2. Our first one on Regent that took us from Istanbul to Safaga where we had 3 wonderful days private tour in Instanbul, a 4 day post cruise in the Valley of the Kings and Cairo to see the pyramids up front as well as other fascinating places

3. Beijing to Bangkok where we got to take a private tour to see the Terra Cotta Warriors, a pre-cruise tour to the sites in and around Beijing including the Great Wall, a stop at one of my favorite places on the planet - Ha Long Bay and a great post cruise tour to Angkor Wat and so many spectacular places along the way. 

Let's face every Regent cruise has been my favorite cuz every one of them has been to at least one  place i was dying to see.

On 4/9/2021 at 6:27 AM, DavidTheWonderer said:

Picking a favourite cruise here is difficult.  But in terms of a peak experience on a Regent ship, chugging up the Bosphorus at dusk going from Athens to the Black Sea on the dear departed Diamond has to be near the top of my list.

Ah the Diamond!  And a perfect cruise to places nobody gets to see any more (Crimea).  But then there was Don Vito's, which did not hit the heights for us, no way.  But at least we got to see the original iteration of this dreadful tradition.

While we haven’t sailed on Regent yet (but I have my eyes set on the Navigator for our upcoming wedding anniversary), my favorite cruise so far was a Mediterranean sailing from Civitavecchia that we took in November a few years back. Loved visiting Valletta which still ranks as one of my favorite ports of all times. 

I was a bit concerned about the “cooler” temperatures during that time of year and what others described as rougher seas and less forgiving weather, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. We enjoyed perfect sunny weather and calm seas during most of the cruise, and the cooler temperatures were actually ideal for sightseeing, instead of the scorching summer heat. 

Thanks for all the replies! They provide great suggestions to add to my bucket list. 

Edited by Tapi

Circle Australia on the little Navigator in January/February of 2020. Amazing scenery, friendly people and amazing Regent service. The "Navibrator" gets a bad rap (even the Captain teasingly named her that). Loved her small size -- facilitated meeting many interesting passengers and created a sense of community. Yes, she vibrates aft and only has one restaurant, but the personal attention to detail is just as good -- if not better -- than any other ship. Loved this relaxing trip with many At Sea days to enjoy lectures and be pampered aboard. 

We have 3 more planned in 2022 on Explorer and Splendor. Looking forward to experiencing the luxury of these ships, too! -- Photo is from Komodo Island in Bali. 

IMG_2664.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Our favorite cruise was our last one. Voyager Singapore to Singapore, followed by Singapore to Sydney, with a 3 night stay in Sydney as an included (free) post. Emirates business class included from FLL and back. We booked the penthouse suite B on deck 8. It was a great cabin for a long cruise. We left in December 2019, and arrived home on January 11. We were looking forward to our Paul Gauguin cruise from Fiji to Bali in April, and our first river cruise on Viking from Amsterdam to Budapest with a 3 night stay in Prague starting in mid-May. Both paid in full, but haven't happened.

At least we have great memories of our last cruise.

Oh that's a tough decision. We've had many "favorite" cruises. One on RCL with our friends and neighbors on Voyagor, connecting cabins, kids having a blast. But then, kids move out...

Regent Cruise in the Med, meeting (now) long time friends from from Australia.  

Then a trip from Dubai to Athens....visiting Oman, Petra, Valley of the Kings, Masada, floating in the Dead sea. Getting to know great people like Wes and Ida, Jim and Sue.  

Then.....   trips we took with my brother....

So in short....many of our trips were our favorites and we always love getting to know new people, and old friends (and I include many of the staff as old friends).   

Every cruise has been a great cruise, however, the Caribbean one celebrating my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary with 39 family and friends stands out just a bit.  Hubby and I booked balcony cabin because "who knows if we'll ever do this again".  That was 13 cruises ago!  Not all have been in a balcony cabin but all have been memorable and wonderful.  Really looking forward to getting back to sea.