Virgin Voyages is sailing in the UK?

Exvirginstaff

Just been notified, on sale April 13th, will be taking a close look.

For only three weeks in August, Scarlet Lady will be making six, short and sweet sailings around the southern coast of England — giving you a sneak-peek of who she is and what she’s all about. It’s the staycation-at-sea you’ve dreamed about all year, all while being the first to set sail on Scarlet on either a four-night Summer WeekDaze voyage, a three-night Long Weekender voyage, or book both sailings back-to-back for a full week at sea.”

• Like 2

Booked this morning, just after 9am. 4 day sailing balcony cabin 2 people £1198 with $200 cabin credit. Wifi inc, tips incl, non alco drnks inc. I think thats a competitive price price compared to the other uk local cruises on offer at moment. 

Never cruised from Portsmouth - need to check parking

• Like 2

Virgin Voyages' limited-edition, 'summer soiree series' from Portsmouth, England, are now available to book on VirginVoyages.com.

These August sailings, open to COVID-19 vaccinated UK residents 18 and older, are priced starting at £499 for three-night itineraries and £599 for four-night itineraries.

Six departures

Scarlet Lady will be offering six departures: a three-night 'long weekender' cruise (Friday to Monday) on Aug. 6, Aug. 13 and Aug. 20, and a four-night 'summer weekdaze' cruise (Monday to Friday) on Aug. 9, Aug. 16 and Aug. 23.

Bookings open for Virgin Voyages' UK cruises in August (seatrade-cruise.com)

2 hours ago, navyjas said:

How did you get the cabin credit, what offer is this? Thanks!

I booked direct on the virgin website  - cabin credit varies on grade of cabin from $200 upwards. . I did nothing special it is available.

I have booked parking with CPS. Cheaper at portsmouth then southampton £44 for 4 days as against £60 at southampton. If you do not want valet with cps then  virgin have a special rate at the multistorey at £30 for 4 days.

I have booked a 4 night cruise for the 16th. Really looking forward to this cruise to nowhere after having so many cancellations this past year. Toying with the idea of getting a train to Portsmouth instead of driving, but if Virgin have that special parking rate then we might drive instead. 
The on board credit was an unexpected bonus .

Do you think they will lay on anything especially for solo travellers?!

I have to go it alone as unable to take child so he is staying at home with husband.  No other available companions!!  I must say the solo rate is excellent at only £479!

21 hours ago, stephenSJ said:

I booked direct on the virgin website  - cabin credit varies on grade of cabin from $200 upwards. . I did nothing special it is available.

I have booked parking with CPS. Cheaper at portsmouth then southampton £44 for 4 days as against £60 at southampton. If you do not want valet with cps then  virgin have a special rate at the multistorey at £30 for 4 days.

Thanks, how strange I have tried a few cabins and never see any OBC available.  Thanks anyway.

38 minutes ago, navyjas said:

Thanks, how strange I have tried a few cabins and never see any OBC available.  Thanks anyway.

There is no mention until you complete the booking and pay, then it appeared on the confirmation. I thought it to be a good price without the OBC so was pleased when it got even better

Edited by stephenSJ

2 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

They do both

Ah, I get it now... same hotel does both ports! The ‘Southampton’ in the title threw me!

I’m still struggling to price it up though, can’t find the cruise parking rate... can anyone help? Don’t know if I’m just doing something wrong!

It’s the night of the 5th August I’m looking for...

46 minutes ago, stitchcreek said:

Ah, I get it now... same hotel does both ports! The ‘Southampton’ in the title threw me!

I’m still struggling to price it up though, can’t find the cruise parking rate... can anyone help? Don’t know if I’m just doing something wrong!

It’s the night of the 5th August I’m looking for...

Give them a call...