MY PERSONAL JOURNEY FOR A “LUXURY VIP ALL-INCLUSIVE CRUISE VACATION”!

Sthrngary

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

do you have a link to your review?

You can go to the Crystal Cruises Blog on Cruise Critic for a thread

and the actual review is at

Crystal Serenity Cruise Ship: Review, Photos & Departure Ports on Cruise Critic .

As always, my grammar and spelling are awful.  My message is sincere and honest.  

Cruise well. 

Edited by Sthrngary
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so I had my first Luxury Brand Cruise Experience.  It was different then what I was used to for sure. Different does not mean better.  It also does not mean worse.  It means different. 

What I learned:

1. I Like Main Stream Cruises:  When we cruise we normally went on a Main Stream Cruise brand in their VIP section of the ship.  NCL has the Haven, Celebrity has the Retreat and MSC has the Yacht Club. These situation allow for luxury and a bit more excitement of a much larger ship with all its amenities. 
  2. I Like Personalized Service: The service on the luxury brand we choose which was Crystal Cruises was stellar.  Really hard to describe other then the anticipation of your needs before they happen.
  3. Great Food Matters: Whether you are in the VIP sections of a main stream cruise brand that has their own dining room, specialty restaurants or any restaurant including the pool grill/buffet on a luxury brand; food matters. We also realized after the first three days, our food intake reduced.  We are just not used to such great food and choices at home.
  4. All-Inclusive Is A Benefit:  I go out of my way and it takes lots of work to make a main stream cruise vacation as all inclusive as possible.  LOTS OF WORK.  When you are on a Luxury Brand, other then maybe excursions, no really effort needed. As a side note, having your mini-refrigerator complementary along with wine and spirits in the room was VERY NICE.
  5. I Prefer Big Ships:  I think this is simply what I am used too.  My next cruise is on one of NCL bigger ships.  I am really looking forward to the waterslides and go cart track.  I am 64 so I will be taking my life in my own hands.  Again, this is just me.
  6. The Cost Is Very Similar: This one really surprised me.  It might surprise you as well.  When you take all the extra's you have to pay for on a mainstream cruise brand in the VIP Section.  Then you compare it to Luxury All-Inclusive Brands like Crystal.  It can be very close.  
  7. Europe Needs a Luxury Brand:  I have come to the conclusion that when I go cruise Europe which is a bucket list cruise, I will go on a luxury brand.  In this case, smaller ship gets in to ports easier and a chill evening is what we would want after walking a new country.

Well, there is my perspective.  The major learning point was cruising is wonderful and it is nice to have variety. 

Cruise well and cruise often everyone.