American Empress

nautica12

22 hours ago, graveytrain said:

I believe the April cruises were canceled. 

You are correct.  They are now suspended until late May.  I found the Alerts page on their website and bookmarked it to keep track.

We will be on board in November 2021. I'll be interested in hearing all the comments from cruisers earlier this year.

We were scheduled on a cancelled Victory Cruise Lines cruise in Alaska this year, so we rebooked to the November Columbia & Snake Rivers cruise. We'll be sailing on the Alaska cruise next year.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We will be sailing Clarkston to Vancouver on 26 July, this year.  We are looking for advice on whether its better to leave our car in Portland, and fly to Spokane for the cruise, or to leave it in Spokane, and fly back to Spokane at the end of the cruise...

On 5/28/2021 at 6:42 AM, bob brown said:

We will be sailing Clarkston to Vancouver on 26 July, this year.  We are looking for advice on whether its better to leave our car in Portland, and fly to Spokane for the cruise, or to leave it in Spokane, and fly back to Spokane at the end of the cruise...

Easy solution. Stay on the boat two weeks for a B2B. Then you don't have to worry about flying back to your car. It'll be there waiting for you. 🙂

12 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

Easy solution. Stay on the boat two weeks for a B2B. Then you don't have to worry about flying back to your car. It'll be there waiting for you. 🙂

Thanks for the suggestion, but after further consideration, we have decided to fly instead of drive this time.

On 5/27/2021 at 3:37 PM, VegasCrossfire said:

We will be going from Vancouver to Clarkston on June 20th.  This will be our first river cruise.

We are looking forward to a new experience.

Looks like you will be the first one of this group to sail. Please give us a report!

On 5/27/2021 at 3:37 PM, VegasCrossfire said:

We will be going from Vancouver to Clarkston on June 20th.  This will be our first river cruise.

We are looking forward to a new experience.

On 5/30/2021 at 5:30 PM, Splashduo said:

We are booked on the Highliights of the Columbia and Snake River cruise departing June 27.  This will be our first river cruise.  

1 hour ago, Julie04005 said:

Me too! 

AQSC has changed their shore excursions for your June cruises. When I looked at their shore excursions listings on May 9th, they were not starting their Hop-On Hop-Off excursions until July 5th - the June cruises had other included excursions instead. When I looked at their list today, they are listing Hop-On Hop-Off excursions for all cruises starting with June 14th. I'm very interested in reading your comments on how the excursions are working.

If you haven't downloaded their excursion listings for your cruise after they made this change, you may want to do that now and review your excursion plans.

• Plus: You get the flexibility of the Hop-on Hop-Off excursions.
  • Minus: If you really want to do one of the substitute excursions they had listed previously, you may find it is now a premium excursion instead of an included one.

19 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

AQSC has changed their shore excursions for your June cruises. When I looked at their shore excursions listings on May 9th, they were not starting their Hop-On Hop-Off excursions until July 5th - the June cruises had other included excursions instead. When I looked at their list today, they are listing Hop-On Hop-Off excursions for all cruises starting with June 14th. I'm very interested in reading your comments on how the excursions are working.

If you haven't downloaded their excursion listings for your cruise after they made this change, you may want to do that now and review your excursion plans.

• Plus: You get the flexibility of the Hop-on Hop-Off excursions.
  • Minus: If you really want to do one of the substitute excursions they had listed previously, you may find it is now a premium excursion instead of an included one.

Where did you find that? I'm not finding Hop on/Hop off on our June 20 cruise.

14 hours ago, VegasCrossfire said:

Where did you find that? I'm not finding Hop on/Hop off on our June 20 cruise.

I'm repeating information I posted in an American Countess thread on May 24th - you have to print the page to get the complete list of excursions including the included ones:

You can find the excursions planned for your specific voyage on their website under YOUR VOYAGE, Book Shore Excursions. Under the heading PREMIUM SHORE EXCURSIONS, select BOOK TODAY. Then select which of their four ships you are sailing on and confirm that selection. You will then see a list of all of the cruises scheduled for that ship. Click on SEE DETAILS! for the specific date of your cruise.

If your cruise is more than 180 days in the future, you will see a set of descriptions marked INFO ONLY without times or prices. At approximately 180 days prior to the cruise, this will be replaced with the scheduled time and price information.

This listing only lists the premium excursions - not the included ones. To get a complete list of all planned excursions (both premium and included), you need to select PRINT PAGE at the upper left corner of the excursion list for your date. Wait a while and you will see a PDF file to download. This PDF file is more complete than the web listing, since it also shows the included excursions.

4 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

I'm repeating information I posted in an American Countess thread on May 24th - you have to print the page to get the complete list of excursions including the included ones:

You can find the excursions planned for your specific voyage on their website under YOUR VOYAGE, Book Shore Excursions. Under the heading PREMIUM SHORE EXCURSIONS, select BOOK TODAY. Then select which of their four ships you are sailing on and confirm that selection. You will then see a list of all of the cruises scheduled for that ship. Click on SEE DETAILS! for the specific date of your cruise.

If your cruise is more than 180 days in the future, you will see a set of descriptions marked INFO ONLY without times or prices. At approximately 180 days prior to the cruise, this will be replaced with the scheduled time and price information.

This listing only lists the premium excursions - not the included ones. To get a complete list of all planned excursions (both premium and included), you need to select PRINT PAGE at the upper left corner of the excursion list for your date. Wait a while and you will see a PDF file to download. This PDF file is more complete than the web listing, since it also shows the included excursions.

Thanks. I followed your excellent instructions.

However, it still shows no Hop on, Hop off your for our cruise. All the included tours look like regular bus tours that would probably be premium under usual circumstances.

Example below....

IMG_20210604_120613.jpg

2 minutes ago, VegasCrossfire said:

Thanks. I followed your excellent instructions.

However, it still shows no Hop on, Hop off your for our cruise. All the included tours look like regular bus tours that would probably be premium under usual circumstances.

Example below....

IMG_20210604_120613.jpg

I think I have to withdraw my statement.

I didn't look far enough. I think you are absolutely correct about the hop on Hop off buses. Only included tour was the one I happened to land on and post.

Either way is great by me though. I just want to cruise again!!!

Thanks for your information.

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2021 at 7:30 AM, bebtwice said:

Same for us! Maybe we can meet up at the hotel gathering before we sail.

Are you still going on 8/16? We got our documents about 10 days ago. Wanted to message you but says the function is disabled? Thought we could set up a time/place to meet on Sunday.