American Empress

nautica12

Interesting that our docs arrived so many days earlier than yours. Upon receiving them, I tried to schedule the Covid test but it only showed the cruise departing today as the option. Upon seeing your response, I tried again and see you can now pick the Aug 1st , Aug, 15th, or August 29th cruise. Makes more sense. We are now scheduled for our tests, so 6:30 in the hotel bar sounds good ! I was a little surprised that there is no group orientation and/or dinner included the night before at the hotel - something we are used to with our European river cruises. Puts a bit more onus on everyone to read all of the info provided in the packets, so hopefully everyone will be aware! Look forward to meeting you. Guess we need at least your name, so we can figure out who you are (we get name tags maybe?) . We are Barb and Bruce.

We are Cheryl and Jim and our brother and sister-in-law are Tom and Connie.  
We are finding that AQ is not as organized or passenger friendly as European river cruises are, interesting that you are getting the same impression.

13 minutes ago, cozzello said:

We are Cheryl and Jim and our brother and sister-in-law are Tom and Connie.  
We are finding that AQ is not as organized or passenger friendly as European river cruises are, interesting that you are getting the same impression.

Nice to know who we will be meeting! Yes, AQSC seems to be having it's issues, but I am trying to not be too critical, as they are a relatively small company and they are struggling with staffing issues, like so many travel-related companies right now. Just hoping that they get our shipboard credit straightened out soon. Person who was quite responsive has changed jobs and the replacement has been out of the office. One would think more than one person could handle this. If I don't hear this week, I guess I'll be contacting him again.

Have you signed up for any excursions? Our first will be the Mt. St. Helen's trip, which I see leaves bright and early on Monday. We are actually arriving on Saturday night, as with all of the cancellations and other problems people are having with flights, we didn't want to risk having our flight(or one of the two) cancelled on Sunday, thus causing us to fly first-thing Monday and missing the excursion. Probably a little easier for you  since you are in Chicago and have both UA and AA with hubs there and more frequent flights. .