September sailings - MSC Virtuosa

ropo26

Not sure if anyone has seen this or if it’s been answered elsewhere. We have a sailing booked on Virtuosa out of Barcelona on the 20th Sept for a cruise around the Med and down to Lisbon and Morocco. The cruise has disappeared off MSC website, however it is still showing for embarkation from Genoa, Malaga and Lisbon (all ports of call on the cruise) The next Barcelona sailing is also showing for the 29th Sept. On our booking summary it has got NAR and your cruise departs in 19 days time. On speaking to MSC on Friday they advised it has been cancelled, but nothing has come through by email to confirm this. We also managed to pay more off earlier that day by phone, so it makes me think the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing at MSC. Anyone else had this experience, or knows more about Virtuosa’s plans? I know she is sailing around the UK and I did read somewhere that this was planned to go on until the end of October.

4 hours ago, Preziosa said:

We also have a booking on Virtuosa. From Kiel to Lisbon the 11. Th of september 2021. The Cruise has dissapeard but Our TÁ Don t know anything. They are waiting for more news from MSC

I'm disembarking on September 11th at Southampton, from an around Britain cruise booked this week on Virtuoso. I think your TA will be in touch shortly. Virtuoso is doing UK cruises throughout the summer. 

I feel your frustration with MSC!

We booked the Magnifica on 23 March 2021, via a German travel agency, for 14th May 2021 (2 nights) with the full expectation that it would be cancelled.  We then hoped we would get onboard spend or that it would be moved over to Virutosa.  As of last week, it was still showing up on the cruise planner!!  I sent emails to everyone and also  MSC head office in Switzerland and finally, a couple of days ago, the booking disappeared off my cruise planner.  However, I still haven't had any official notification from MSC.  Up until today, they were insisting that the sailing was still going ahead - from Southampton!!

In the meantime, we booked MSC Virtuosa from Genoa for 2 nights for a bargain price of 738 euros, for 3 people, in the yacht club!! The German travel agency have said we may move our Magnifica booking, so I think we will do that.

As to your enquiry - the Virtuosa (yacht club!) is for 22 September 2021.  (I think they still have a couple of cabins left). Genoa, sea day, then Malaga on Friday 24th September. It is part of a 8 night sailing from Genoa on 22 Sept.  When we disembark Malaga on 24th Sept she goes on to Casablanca,

Sea

Lisbon

Sea

Barcelona

Marseilles (Thursday, 30th September).

Hope that helps. It may be that they move your sailing?

1 hour ago, panamapd said:

I feel your frustration with MSC!

We booked the Magnifica on 23 March 2021, via a German travel agency, for 14th May 2021 (2 nights) with the full expectation that it would be cancelled.  We then hoped we would get onboard spend or that it would be moved over to Virutosa.  As of last week, it was still showing up on the cruise planner!!  I sent emails to everyone and also  MSC head office in Switzerland and finally, a couple of days ago, the booking disappeared off my cruise planner.  However, I still haven't had any official notification from MSC.  Up until today, they were insisting that the sailing was still going ahead - from Southampton!!

In the meantime, we booked MSC Virtuosa from Genoa for 2 nights for a bargain price of 738 euros, for 3 people, in the yacht club!! The German travel agency have said we may move our Magnifica booking, so I think we will do that.

As to your enquiry - the Virtuosa (yacht club!) is for 22 September 2021.  (I think they still have a couple of cabins left). Genoa, sea day, then Malaga on Friday 24th September. It is part of a 8 night sailing from Genoa on 22 Sept.  When we disembark Malaga on 24th Sept she goes on to Casablanca,

Sea

Lisbon

Sea

Barcelona

Marseilles (Thursday, 30th September).

Hope that helps. It may be that they move your sailing?

We are on the same sailing from Genoa to Marseille also a bargain price in the YC.  Not sure how we are going to get there from Alicante but going to have fun finding out and maybe have a night stopover somewhere.  Don't see a roll call for this sailing but pleased there will be fellow "Brits" on board 

On 4/11/2021 at 8:39 AM, ropo26 said:

Not sure if anyone has seen this or if it’s been answered elsewhere. We have a sailing booked on Virtuosa out of Barcelona on the 20th Sept for a cruise around the Med and down to Lisbon and Morocco. The cruise has disappeared off MSC website, however it is still showing for embarkation from Genoa, Malaga and Lisbon (all ports of call on the cruise) The next Barcelona sailing is also showing for the 29th Sept. On our booking summary it has got NAR and your cruise departs in 19 days time. On speaking to MSC on Friday they advised it has been cancelled, but nothing has come through by email to confirm this. We also managed to pay more off earlier that day by phone, so it makes me think the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing at MSC. Anyone else had this experience, or knows more about Virtuosa’s plans? I know she is sailing around the UK and I did read somewhere that this was planned to go on until the end of October.

My account shows the same. Booking now says NAR. (No Action Required perhaps??)  I was booked on Virtuosa on sept 21th. Marseille to Marseille. Now it shows a one night cruise on april 28th. MSC in the Netherlands told me Italy is working on it and this is a temporary solution. Since the sailing from Kiel is cancelled, I suppose the Virtuosa will stay in Genoa for the period of begin september till the 22nd. Last sailing I could find for Virtuosa on the UK site is aug.31. for 7 nights. On the Dutch site the sailings are not shown. 

MSC will probably send an e-mail soon to inform us. In the meantime I have booked a hotel in Genoa for the 21st, just in case they offer me Genoa to Genoa (9 nights) or Genoa to Marseille (8 nights). I've had this happen before with a cruise planned in May. I didn't like the new route nor the ship so they transferred my booking to Virtuosa for september. I also received OBC for the inconvenience.

Thanks all for your comments, the latest we've heard from MSC is they are still waiting on head office to make a decision with the cruise. I think it might either be curtailed or the ship swapped for a different MSC one...who knows!

On 4/12/2021 at 6:21 PM, marli23 said:

. I've had this happen before with a cruise planned in May. I didn't like the new route nor the ship so they transferred my booking to Virtuosa for september. I also received OBC for the inconvenience.

You must've booked a higher category cabin because when my MSc magnifica Cruise was cancelled ( for a private charter) they simply transfer my deposited onto another ship without my knowledge or permission and without any OBC.

When I complained they offered a 100% cash refund

15 minutes ago, drsel said:

You must've booked a higher category cabin because when my MSc magnifica Cruise was cancelled ( for a private charter) they simply transfer my deposited onto another ship without my knowledge or permission and without any OBC.

When I complained they offered a 100% cash refund

Cabin Category ship was the same,  but ship was transfered from newer to older and route was shortened. They lowered price for me. Virtuosa is now 4th ship and 4th change in route since my original booking. Virtuosa will probably also be replaced by Seaview. I saw this today on an Italian website. 

On 4/17/2021 at 1:36 AM, marli23 said:

Virtuosa will probably also be replaced by Seaview. I saw this today on an Italian website. 

Which MSC website has the lowest price after currency conversion?

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

And your currency is??

US dollar.

Never mind conversion, kindly quote the different prices for the same cabin same Cruise on the different MSC websites.

Edited by drsel

MSC emailed earlier today to say that the sailing has been moved to the 29th Sept, and the timings in each port has changed with an extra night added. 

Port

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Barcelona, Spain

18:00

Marseille/Provence,  France

09:00

Genoa, Italy

16:00

At sea

Malaga, Spain

13:00

Casablanca/Marrakech,  Morocco

20:00

At sea

Lisbon, Portugal

16:00

23:59

Lisbon, Portugal

00:01

At sea

Barcelona, Spain

It's still the MSC Virtuosa, and we have been given 4 different options. Accept the new date and get 200 euros onboard credit, move to a different cruise, request a future cruise voucher with the extra 200 euros added or to request a refund. We will probably accept the new date as its something myself and my parents have been looking forward to since our cruise last year got cancelled. So fingers crossed it all goes ahead now! Thanks for all your help guys and good luck with your future sailings 🙂

• Like 1