Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022

TayanaLorna

20 minutes ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Viking says it allows trousers for men, and the cruise is in Iceland, so here are examples of Icelandic trousers you can expect to see at dinner.  Too bad the flame-red swim shorts aren't allowed. 

https://www.icewear.is/uk/men/trousers

The merino wool “trousers” are particularly fetching. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Thanks to someone on one of the many Iceland rollcalls, just found out the included excursion in Akureyri is now up for booking!  Got ours booked! 😊

Still nothing for the July 10th cruise.  Clay, you've got mail.  

8 minutes ago, eldercruser1 said:

Logging into MVJ

Anyone else having a problem logging into MVJ in the past half hour or so?  I keep getting returned to the login page after 15-20 seconds of attempts.

We had similar troubles last Friday while they were doing work on the site. It came and went all day. Check back in a few hours.

Just now, Porcupine 52 said:

I have had so much trouble in the past with MVJ.  I would start off by clearing cache and cookie.  That is the first thing they will ask you when you call.

It is not a cache problem; everybody is locked out.  I just logged in and got the "Your booking is locked message." They are working on the site.  No need to mess with the cache at this point; we just have to wait until they are doing what they are doing.

16 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

We had similar troubles last Friday while they were doing work on the site. It came and went all day. Check back in a few hours.

It is not a cache problem; everybody is locked out.  I just logged in and got the "Your booking is locked message." They are working on the site.  No need to mess with the cache at this point; we just have to wait until they are doing what they are doing.

Thanks for all the replies.  Glad to know it's not me.

22 minutes ago, eldercruser1 said:

Thanks for all the replies.  Glad to know it's not me.

Guess what?  It just came back up.  It's an agreement regarding the Covid-19 policies that we all have to agree to.

Edited by eldercruser1
misspelled word.

I don’t see any new contract issues but I did have a new “note” (screenshot below). It takes you to a new tab on the “before you go” titled health survey. It includes the date when my survey for our July 10 embarkation will be available. 

85B66581-FB4D-4B00-BABF-EAD5C63E5EE3.jpeg

3FD1BA68-6E65-4293-B189-39A469B2E477.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clay Clayton said:

I don’t see any new contract issues but I did have a new “note” (screenshot below). It takes you to a new tab on the “before you go” titled health survey. It includes the date when my survey for our July 10 embarkation will be available. 

85B66581-FB4D-4B00-BABF-EAD5C63E5EE3.jpeg

3FD1BA68-6E65-4293-B189-39A469B2E477.jpeg

Some additional notes. Where Clay's screen shot says July 3, your notification will say one week before you sail. If you sail on Saturday, it will be the Saturday before you sail. If you sail on Tuesday, it will be the Tuesday before you sail.  Mark your calendar!

Notifications disappear as soon as you click on "learn more." I used to keep notifications that I still needed to act on. 🙁

Clay says the Health Survey is a new tab in "Before Your Go" but on my desktop, I found it as a new tab under "Guest Information" and not in "Before You Go."

We don't know what the health survey looks like or what the questions are. We won't be able to see it until 8 days prior to boarding; that's so we can fill it out early and get it done with before we forget.

43 minutes ago, FLGators#1 said:

Where do you find that? Thx.

The agreements came on the screen immediately.  One was titled "Covid-19 Policies and Procedures (international Voyages)".  The second one was titled "Covid-19 Privacy Notice"  Both were about 4 pages long.  Both were accompanied by a "tick" box that had to be checked that you agreed to the polices and procedures put forth.  Once the boxes were checked I could continue on to the MVJ page.  Note: the Privacy Notice was marked as being updated May 15, 2021 (tomorrow)

Edited by eldercruser1
added info

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Notifications disappear as soon as you click on "learn more." I used to keep notifications that I still needed to act on. 🙁

Clay says the Health Survey is a new tab in "Before Your Go" but on my desktop, I found it as a new tab under "Guest Information" and not in "Before You Go."

Wish I could get my notification to disappear! I have one that won’t go away. 😢😂

You’re correct...guest information page. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eldercruser1 said:

The agreements came on the screen immediately.  One was titled "Covid-19 Policies and Procedures (international Voyages)".  The second one was titled "Covid-19 Privacy Notice"  Both were about 4 pages long.  Both were accompanied by a "tick" box that had to be checked that you agreed to the polices and procedures put forth.  Once the boxes were checked I could continue on to the MVJ page.  Note: the Privacy Notice was marked as being updated May 15, 2021 (tomorrow)

Had you previously completed the guest information form?  I’m wondering if since  I had already completed that if maybe that’s why I’m not seeing it. I seem to recall having to agree sometime that I was aware of the bubble procedures. 

Know some are going early before the cruise. FYI Had friends arrive in Iceland today.  They were on the first flight arriving this morning.  It took 8 hours for the results of their Covid tests.  They waited at their hotel for the results as they had expected.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Wish I could get my notification to disappear! I have one that won’t go away. 😢😂

You’re correct...guest information page. 

Same here.  But, I keep reading it hoping it is a new message!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

Had you previously completed the guest information form?  I’m wondering if since  I had already completed that if maybe that’s why I’m not seeing it. I seem to recall having to agree sometime that I was aware of the bubble procedures. 

Yes, but I think these agreements have been updated.  Note that the Privacy notice was shown as "updated May 15, 2021"

• Like 1

These notices haven't shown up on MVJ yet but a friend on the same July 13 sailing has received hers already. Maybe it's in order of booking, or alphabetical order? I just think I won't see shorex availability until I get past this notices but that's just a guess.