Regent pre-cruise hotel in Miami

MomC

I know it’s been over a year since we were able to cruise, but we have booked the Splendor in February, 2022.  A “free” overnight hotel stay is included in our stateroom category,  Has anyone heard what hotel in Miami will be used?

Mom C

From recent pre-COVID experiences--Regent may utilize two hotels for the same cruise.  Example:  April, 2017 Inaugural Explorer, Miami-Barcelona-Venice. 

In addition to Four Season(s), we have been lodged for pre-stays on various cruises at Hyatt Regency Corals Gables, Ritz-Carlton, and Hotel Colonnade.  

Once booked, your on-line Regent Account for that particular cruise will designate the hotel.  BUT--it can change.  

GOARMY!

snorkle:

Looking at my current "Regent Guest Statement" concerning hoped-for this October-November Mariner sailing from Barcelona--

There is a separate Line Item, "Land Arrangements".  Shows Free 1-Night on October 30-31 at Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos Hotel.

If you go on-line:  Bring up your Account information for that specific cruise segment.  Hit the "Manage this Booking" button.  Go to "Show My Itinerary".  That will display each day's schedule.  That should bring up "Pre-Stay" as the first entry.  In our case, Pre-stay at Barcelona.  Same hotel shows up. 

Regards, 

GOARMY!

In March 2019, barely knowing about Covid, we took a Regent Explorer cruise from Miami.  The hotel used was the Four Seasons.  We had no problem with the hotel, but not a very good experience with the transport agency.  As we booked a Penthouse, the transport from hotel to ship was included.  We learned that we had to register with the agents at a certain hour in the hotel, and we were there on time.  The agents were more than 30 minutes late, and began chit chatting among themselves while a few of us waited.  Finally we were able to register, and to form a line to enter the bus upon arrival. They continued chit chatting and did nothing when a group of guests ran from the back of the line and pushed themselves  to the bus.  I guess these guests knew that more than one bus was necessary!  Most runners were not young, and several very old people were being helped to run as well.  My DH and I thought our first Regent cruise would be a disaster!  Some of us had to wait around another half hour for the second bus to arrive.  Thankfully, we enjoyed the cruise very much.  I put the onus of this experience in the careless agency contracted by Regent.  Hope enough people wrote about this situation in their evaluations.

19 hours ago, GOARMY said:

snorkle:

Looking at my current "Regent Guest Statement" concerning hoped-for this October-November Mariner sailing from Barcelona--

There is a separate Line Item, "Land Arrangements".  Shows Free 1-Night on October 30-31 at Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos Hotel.

If you go on-line:  Bring up your Account information for that specific cruise segment.  Hit the "Manage this Booking" button.  Go to "Show My Itinerary".  That will display each day's schedule.  That should bring up "Pre-Stay" as the first entry.  In our case, Pre-stay at Barcelona.  Same hotel shows up. 

Regards, 

GOARMY!

Selecting “manage booking”, then “Itinerary” got me to the precruise hotel in Miami, which for us is the Mandarin. Thanks for the guidance

cindt

Our Miami - Los Angeles cruise used the Mandarin Oriental.  The hotel was nice and the restaurant and location were wonderful other than that quite disappointing. Despite my call to MO they lost our reservation and then had trouble connecting the our self made (much lower price) and our Regent "free" precruise room.  Got locked out after a long walk - not that fun.  The transportation from the hotel to the pier was terrible - sign up line, then a line up and wait the next day.  Lots of folks with mobility issues that we the guests had to solve. Got to pier and the entrance to get on the ship was locked - had to wait on the sidewalk - again not great for some of the folks with mobility and health issues.  Regent check-in and their care after that was great. Looking back I should have just walked from the hotel - but dragging the bags would have been a little difficult.