Did you like the promenade inside cabin??

We have reserved our first inside promenade room with window overlooking the promenade on the Adventure of the Seas. we normally stay in inside rooms. every now and then we will stay in a balcony. if you have stayed in a promenade inside cabin did you like it?? thanks

We have stayed in the Promenade Cabins before and it was great.  I am a bit claustrophobic but have stayed in an inside cabin before.  The Promenade Cabin is great since it's the same cost as a regular inside but you have a window.  I think you'll enjoy it.

It's fun to "people watch" the folks on the promenade.

Just remember that folks in the cabins across from you will be able to see into your cabin when you have the curtains open.

Edited by yogimax
  • Haha 2

I liked watching parades and having the window seat. You cant open the curtain at night though and read a book if you dont want to be watched. At night if you turn on a light those across from you can see directly into your cabin. I've already got treated to a naked guy I cant unseen taught me close those curtain at night. During the day it's good. 

Anything is better than just a inside. Inside is fine, but I like everything else too. I try and try every type of cabin. I wouldn't always want only insides.  I book the best deal. In fact I have one pr this dec on liberty. The cheapest price was a gty, and solo cant book gty but the next price was for a pr which I like a lot, so I took it. The rest more than half balconys but a couple insides. Enjoy. 

• Haha 1

We’ve stayed in a Promenade room and it was way better than a regular interior. It felt more like being in a hotel room than being inside a box of an interior. Because of its location, I preferred it over an ocean view room also.

I've done the Promenade room once, on Mariner. I liked it. Looking down below was nice, the extra little seat area was nice, and it was fun watching the street party down below on one of the nights. 

But as said before, be mindful of the windows haha, people down below can look up and see you as well!  

3 minutes ago, CanobieFan said:

I've done the Promenade room once, on Mariner. I liked it. Looking down below was nice, the extra little seat area was nice, and it was fun watching the street party down below on one of the nights. 

But as said before, be mindful of the windows haha, people down below can look up and see you as well!  

Yes...one night as we sat at Cafe Promenade we had quite the onboard entertainment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I wasn’t crazy about it because we spend so little time in the cabin.  The only time we are there is to sleep or get ready to go out, so for us it was just the constant opening and closing of curtains.   I think it would be good for families with children, because it would give them somewhere to hang out that is out of the traffic pattern in the cabin and something to entertain them.  

We had one one on deck 6 on Adventure which was right across from the pub on deck 5 and there was lots of noise from below well into the night time. Consider what venue is below if selecting one of those lower deck PRs or simply choose one on a higher deck. We did that on Voyager and that upper deck cabin was much better in this respect.

• Like 1

We've had a few promenade rooms and enjoyed them.  As previously mentioned you just have to make sure curtains are fully closed to prevent others from seeing into your room.  I would also recommend taking a room on deck 7 or 8 as deck 6 can be a little louder, although some people love the convenient access to the promenade from deck 7.

• Like 1

Just now, voyager70 said:

We've had a few promenade rooms and enjoyed them.  As previously mentioned you just have to make sure curtains are fully closed to prevent others from seeing into your room.  I would also recommend taking a room on deck 7 or 8 as deck 6 can be a little louder, although some people love the convenient access to the promenade from deck 7.

Meant deck 6 in the last sentence

Promenade rooms are a great alternative to a standard inside.  We quite like them as it's fun to people watch and just see what is going on on the Promenade deck. It's also nice having the extra seat by the window.  Only night we found things loud was when they had the 70s show, but it's not like we would have been in bed at that time.  Plus, I always bring ear plugs.  People often comment on people looking in, but we always close the curtains anyways when changing so a very simple solution.

We've stayed in them a couple of times, would recommend deck 7 as on deck 6 it;s easier for people to look up and in, also, there tends to be less noise if you are near/over a bar.  We liked the ones nearer the elevators too as not so far to walk.

• Like 1

Stayed in a Promenade room on Navigator in 2017 and really enjoyed it. A good room for people watching. You can see the events from your window. Doesn't feel like an inside cabin having the window. I would do it again if on a ship that offered it. Sadly Anthem does not have this option. 

Go for it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Promenade rooms are a great alternative to a standard inside.  We quite like them as it's fun to people watch and just see what is going on on the Promenade deck. It's also nice having the extra seat by the window.  Only night we found things loud was when they had the 70s show, but it's not like we would have been in bed at that time.  Plus, I always bring ear plugs.  People often comment on people looking in, but we always close the curtains anyways when changing so a very simple solution.

This has been our experience as well. We've sailed in promenade cabins several times on Voyager-class ships. The first two times were on Adventure, one of our favorites. The room feels just a bit more spacious because of the window seat, and if you like, you can move the coffee table out of the way to have floor space (and not trip over it). I would go for the higher deck levels of these, and also would try to avoid ones with connecting doors. It is possible to hear noise from the adjoining cabin through these if the people next door are noisy. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Freedom class has one room with obstructed views. 🤣 No worries on Voyager class though.

image.thumb.jpeg.0a66cc688ab8e58a1e4c415db08db0d5.jpeg

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that if you’re in this obstructed view cabin you get free ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s underneath

• Like 1

We did have a lot of noise, but we closed our curtains which seemed to help.  Didn't like that they had to remain closed any time we dressed, but those across the Promenade.....they can see you even through the sheers quite well, so close the heavy ones.

All in all, I guess they aren't a bad cabin, just not our preference.  We only did it once.  We liked the Virtual Balcony cabin a lot better, feels open and airy and light.  The TV screen has curtains that can close to block out any light, but the blue glow at night is helpful lighting your way to the head.😇

Edited by BecciBoo

27 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

I’m sure I’ve read somewhere that if you’re in this obstructed view cabin you get free ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s underneath

These rooms are great...We stayed in one on Independence.  It gives you access to the suite lounge and other benefits, plus free ice cream, etc.  But only on Freedom class.  OP mentioned Adventure.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

At night if you turn on a light those across from you can see directly into your cabin. I've already got treated to a naked guy I cant unseen taught me close those curtain at night.

😁at least you got to see a show? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1