New to MSC

MISSGJ

Hi all,

Completely new to MSC and looking to book for one of these U.K. cruises in May. I’ve status matched and received our loyalty club numbers. My question is (one of many) where do I enter it and at what stage in the booking process to receive the 5% discount?

Thanks! 

• Like 1

If you start a booking on the MSC site there is a tab to enter your Voyager club number before you select your cabin. It will then show prices with the discount added. 

50 minutes ago, kernow said:

If you start a booking on the MSC site there is a tab to enter your Voyager club number before you select your cabin. It will then show prices with the discount added. 

Thank you so much! Now to pick a cabin.....

Hi all, it won’t be long now. 😜  I’m going to book my 1st MSC cruise this week and am already getting the bug. Question re the non alcoholic drink package. Due to medical issues my wife doesn’t drink a drop of alcohol. Since we would both have to have the same drink package I’m trying to figure out what the specialty coffees cost. Probably sounds silly, but this will make my decision to package, or not to package.  I have the package costs so no question there. I do like the fact of feeling like it’s an all-inclusive for her. What to do, what to do.   THANKS

On 4/12/2021 at 5:35 PM, MISSGJ said:

Thank you so much! Now to pick a cabin.....

Don't be surprised when MSC change your cabin prior to sail, they are reknown for it as they don't care a damn for their passenger's choices...!

1 hour ago, mickey89 said:

Don't be surprised when MSC change your cabin prior to sail, they are reknown for it as they don't care a damn for their passenger's choices...!

I’m not overly fussed. We just like a quiet cabin which of course can never be guaranteed. 

1 minute ago, MISSGJ said:

I’m not overly fussed. We just like a quiet cabin which of course can never be guaranteed. 

Exactly, we are the same.  We always choose a cabin with cabins above and below and avoid proximity to entertainment decks.  The point I was making is once you choose your cabin, MSC just before you sail change the location, normally without even telling you, and you end up on the deck above the Disco.

Suggest you talk to MSC before you give a deposit and get your cabin choice in writing or at least an assurance that you will be consulted before an enforced change.  Believe me it happens quite a lot with MSC, they aren't the same as normal cruiselines.......!

41 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

Exactly, we are the same.  We always choose a cabin with cabins above and below and avoid proximity to entertainment decks.  The point I was making is once you choose your cabin, MSC just before you sail change the location, normally without even telling you, and you end up on the deck above the Disco.

Suggest you talk to MSC before you give a deposit and get your cabin choice in writing or at least an assurance that you will be consulted before an enforced change.  Believe me it happens quite a lot with MSC, they aren't the same as normal cruiselines.......!

Do they not confirm the cabin number on your confirmation email contract?

Let’s hope in four years they’ve changed their evil ways. I’m a multiple time cruiser on Royal, Celebrity, NCL, and have a single cruise on Carnival. I hope MSC joins the 1st group, and not Carnival. 

let the cruising begin,

Mike

20 minutes ago, flashot said:

Let’s hope in four years they’ve changed their evil ways. I’m a multiple time cruiser on Royal, Celebrity, NCL, and have a single cruise on Carnival. I hope MSC joins the 1st group, and not Carnival. 

let the cruising begin,

Mike

Mike, If you have not done so and your have status on any of those lines, do an MSC status match before booking and get your discount, any match will get the discount.
You can check which match gives you the best status from the spread sheet in the pinned post up top.

Edited by ziggyuk

Thanks Ziggy. I already sent my Marriott Platinum Elite and MSC gave me silver voyager. Not really what I expected, but I guess it is what it is now. I submitted my wife’s RCCL Platinum status today, we’ll see what they come up with. Again, thanks for looking out. 😁

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 12:05 AM, ziggyuk said:

Mike, If you have not done so and your have status on any of those lines, do an MSC status match before booking and get your discount, any match will get the discount.
You can check which match gives you the best status from the spread sheet in the pinned post up top.

Just to note MSC reduced our cruise by 5% after we status matches post booking.