Good Times Ahead - borrowing topic from Windstar Thread

Ombud

Screenshot_20210413-091223_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7457e0271917262a3589fa6e2ed6b082.jpg

I hear enough negativity all week / read it on all 3 sites (Proboards, FIRE, and CC) but there has to be some good out there! 

For me:

♤ all 3 kids were laid off, 2 are back FT so I'm not covering 2 mortgages & 1 SF rent anymore 🤑

♡ 2 more family members get vaccinated this week

◇ I've gotten all my travel refunds & future concert vouchers (FINALLY!)

♧ Lost my Covid 15 gain thanks to "Cruise to Lose" board

■ CDC is talking. Not listening yet but gotta start somewhere 

Mod: is there a better board for those of us looking for an uplifting thread?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ombud said:

2 more family members get vaccinated this week

1 today for us - and it's a big one with lots of exposures ...

maybe the light at the end of the tunnel is not a train headed our way after all ....

• Like 2

Smack in the middle of this COVID mess our son, aged 30, got endocarditis...after eight weeks in the hospital, sepsis that was antibiotic resistant, open heart surgery, fevers that were above 105 degrees, and a bed sore that required three surgeries including one to stop him from bleeding out through it (he had collapsed from his heart issues and was found on his bedroom floor after 2 days or so...I had a gut feeling something was wrong and hubby who is a nurse drove 100 miles and saved our sons life!!!!  Laying on the floor in an odd position led to the eventual full blown bed sore).  He will probably never fully recover, but he is alive, home...and as of Monday...vaccinated!!!!!!!!!!

I feel hopeful, grateful and ready to start living again!!  I feel like I can breathe a little bit more freely!!

Now, when can I get my little asthmatic a vaccine.....that will be my last hurdle.  

Edited by medsed
  • Like 11

On 4/14/2021 at 5:07 AM, medsed said:

Smack in the middle of this COVID mess our son, aged 30, got endocarditis...after eight weeks in the hospital, sepsis that was antibiotic resistant, open heart surgery, fevers that were above 105 degrees, and a bed sore that required three surgeries including one to stop him from bleeding out through it (he had collapsed from his heart issues and was found on his bedroom floor after 2 days or so...I had a gut feeling something was wrong and hubby who is a nurse drove 100 miles and saved our sons life!!!!  Laying on the floor in an odd position led to the eventual full blown bed sore).  He will probably never fully recover, but he is alive, home...and as of Monday...vaccinated!!!!!!!!!!

I feel hopeful, grateful and ready to start living again!!  I feel like I can breathe a little bit more freely!!

Now, when can I get my little asthmatic a vaccine.....that will be my last hurdle.  

🙏Prayers and best wishes for a full recovery sent your son's way.

🙏Prayers for peace sent your way.

• Like 2

There certainly are lots of good times ahead.  This covid business is just a bump in the road.  Certainly there may be some longer term travel impacts but this is nothing new.  

Just consider the security issues that we are now subjected to in our travels.  They are a pain but at the end of the day travel is still wonderful.  Just a bit more time at the airport etc.

Life is far too short to live it as a glass half full person.  We are desperate to resume travel but we are also very thankful for good health and for being able to get the first of 2 (or perhaps 3) Pfizer shots.

Some people are going on as though being unable to cruise for a year or two is the end of the world. I feel sorry for them. Small circles.  Many people can only dream of a cruise even in the pre covid days.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, iancal said:

Life is far too short to live it as a glass half full person. 

Couldn't agree with you more.

This thread has been up for nearly a week and still no posts from the "half empty" crowd. I'm stunned. 

There will be, I suppose, those members of the  doom and gloom crowd (some of whom fancy themselves handy with charts and graphs) who seem to delight to will dark clouds into an otherwise sunny day. 

You attitude is to be commended!  Rock on!!

• Like 1

Parents, hubby and I all had COVID before it was "fashionable", in early 2020. Took better part of three months to get over completely, with hubby having some issues with respiratory long-haul issues still hanging on. He got his first vaccine shot and BAM! A few days later, his respiratory symptoms were gone with the wind. 

We are grateful!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

Parents, hubby and I all had COVID before it was "fashionable", in early 2020. Took better part of three months to get over completely, with hubby having some issues with respiratory long-haul issues still hanging on. He got his first vaccine shot and BAM! A few days later, his respiratory symptoms were gone with the wind. 

We are grateful!!

Hi Jo & Tom,

I didn’t know you were both sick. I can’t tell you how happy I am that you are both OK now.

Margie and I have received both vaccine shots with no problems at all. 
Stay safe and happy sailing!!

Tony

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ombud said:

CDC issued a response and it's GOOD!!

Also SF Symphony performances at Davies Symphony Hall return in May! 📯🎺 🎻Life Returns!!

Hopefully it wont be a one man solo performance like the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Waiting to see what the program will be before buying. 

• Like 1