Senators Introduce Bill Allowing To Restart Cruising by July 4

4 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

John how many people actually live above the Arctic circle line (all countries)?  Quarter of a million is my wild guess, and I am probably high.  

"Only four million people live north of the Arctic Circle because of the climate; nonetheless, some areas have been settled for thousands of years by indigenous peoples, who today make up 10% of the region's population.[8] The largest communities north of the Arctic Circle are situated in Russia, Norway and Sweden:"

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

John how many people actually live above the Arctic circle line (all countries)?  Quarter of a million is my wild guess, and I am probably high.  

Try again: "About 4 million people live north of the Arctic Circle, due to the severe climate. 10% of the region’s population is made of indigenous people, who have inhabited the area for thousands of years".

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Apparently more than live in Kansas🤣🤣

7 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Try again: "About 4 million people live north of the Arctic Circle, due to the severe climate. 10% of the region’s population is made of indigenous people, who have inhabited the area for thousands of years".

That is a bit of a surprise I must say.  Of course, John’s Kansas comparison put it into perspective.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Why are you here?

If you hate cruising, please go to the Greenpeace web page and leave us in our misery alone.  

I am not american but even I know this won't go nowhere. If you think this is gonna sway the CDC and whoever else needs swaying then to quote George Dzundza in basic instinct you got goddamn twitty birds flying around your head.

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I am not american but even I know this won't go nowhere. If you think this is gonna sway the CDC and whoever else needs swaying then to quote George Dzundza in basic instinct you got goddamn twitty birds flying around your head.

Wow.... 

just wow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, ace2542 said:

It will get no support because cruise ship are polluting floating covid hubs who employ about what 10-15 americans each NCL pride being the exception.

Oh so, the container ships that bring all the imported items you buy at Walmart and Costco and Target aren't polluters?  More of them than cruise ships and they are still sailing.

As for COVID Infection hubs, the the notable exception of the Princess Cruise Lines early on--the Diamond Princess, Grand Princess and Ruby Princess--none of the other cruise ships have had many cases relative to total passengers and crew and very few, if any deaths.  Diamond Princess had 712 cases and14 deaths out of 3,711. Ruby Princess had 852 cases and 28 deaths out of 3800 on board and Grand Princess had 122 cases and 7 out of 3500 people. Note  .the for the Grand Princess, 700

people tested negative.  And that was when early PCR tests were clicking out a lot of false positives.

Edited by crewsweeper

11 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I want 24 hours of daylight.Any chance for that ?

That would be the best way to eradicate COVID-19.  Fauci said that Texas’ numbers are low because we are going outside and enjoying the weather.

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Wow.... 

just wow.

He does have some great 1 liners in that movie.  Being serious though. There is more chance of the Miami Marlins facing the Baltimore Orioles in the world series final and each final game being  won with no hitter than there is of this senate vote doing anything.

Edited by ace2542
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

At 6 months it magically swaps from 21 hours of light to 21 hours of dark. 🤔🤣🤣

Plus Alaska is huge, northern parts get more summer daylight than northern parts.

Any part of Alaska within the Arctic Circle gets 24 hours of sunlight on at least the June Solstice

Screenshot_20210413-222724_Chrome.thumb.jpg.56bd02d9455e32778179511557df8a65.jpg

That is too deep for me.Mrs,66 and I have been married 54 years.She does not share my desire for 24 hours of daylight.Therefore,it is a desire that shall not come to be.

6 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

That would be the best way to eradicate COVID-19.  Fauci said that Texas’ numbers are low because we are going outside and enjoying the weather.

Interesting theory.Do you know that there are many former New York residents residing in Houston and Dallas ?

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Interesting theory.Do you know that there are many former New York residents residing in Houston and Dallas ?

Probably not many. They're all down here. 😉🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

What is sheesh ? Is that a real word ?

'Sheesh' is actually a normal word in the dictionary, and it means “to express disbelief or exasperation”. On TikTok, it has exactly the same meaning and is usually used to express shock, surprise or excitement in something.Mar 31, 2021

• Like 2

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

'Sheesh' is actually a normal word in the dictionary, and it means “to express disbelief or exasperation”. On TikTok, it has exactly the same meaning and is usually used to express shock, surprise or excitement in something.Mar 31, 2021

It must be a word that you young people use.I am in my ninth decade of life and have not been young for quite some time.

• Like 1