Crystal ball time - October 2021 Symphony cruise

I know we all have the same crystal ball but a lot of you here know much more of the up-to-the-minute stuff than we do.  DH and I are booked on Symphony out of Miami in late October.  As of today, what do you think the chances are of it sailing as planned, and of us NOT having to mask-up onboard?  We both just got our 2nd vaccine shots yesterday so we're crossing our fingers that we won't have to worry about flying and cruising in hard-to-socially-distance planes and ship hallways.  We're thinking about rescheduling to Sept 2022 but worry that we're being premature about it since final payment isn't due until July and so much can happen between now and then.  Thanks for your opinions and any info.

2 minutes ago, HelenaCruiser2012 said:

As of today, what do you think the chances are of it sailing as planned, and of us NOT having to mask-up onboard?

About the same as this thread not being overrun by post whores.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, HelenaCruiser2012 said:

I know we all have the same crystal ball but a lot of you here know much more of the up-to-the-minute stuff than we do.  DH and I are booked on Symphony out of Miami in late October.  As of today, what do you think the chances are of it sailing as planned, and of us NOT having to mask-up onboard?  We both just got our 2nd vaccine shots yesterday so we're crossing our fingers that we won't have to worry about flying and cruising in hard-to-socially-distance planes and ship hallways.  We're thinking about rescheduling to Sept 2022 but worry that we're being premature about it since final payment isn't due until July and so much can happen between now and then.  Thanks for your opinions and any info.

That is where we are. We are still booked on Harmony  for Oct 2021 B2B. 99 percent sure we will cancel, masks, social distancing, limited shows, and restricted shore access is a definite no go for us.

The only thing keeping us from canceling is the hope of a 125% FCC if they cancel. Still have a few months to finally decide. 

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My prediction is that no cruises shall depart from the US until July 24,2023.

Senators are putting a bill into play that would allow cruises from US ports to start July 4 2021. They are taking serious the threat of more ships finding non US homeports.  Royal and NCL have already started moving ships and Carnival which said last week that they would not abandon US ports has apparently had a change in thinking and will now consider moving ships also.  Carnivals new Mardi Gras may skip the Caribbean altogether and home port in Barcelona

49 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Senators are putting a bill into play that would allow cruises from US ports to start July 4 2021. They are taking serious the threat of more ships finding non US homeports.  Royal and NCL have already started moving ships and Carnival which said last week that they would not abandon US ports has apparently had a change in thinking and will now consider moving ships also.  Carnivals new Mardi Gras may skip the Caribbean altogether and home port in Barcelona

The intelligent senators agree with me.

7 hours ago, HelenaCruiser2012 said:

DH and I are booked on Symphony out of Miami in late October.  As of today, what do you think the chances are of it sailing as planned, and of us NOT having to mask-up onboard? 

My crystal ball says you have a 89.57% chance of sailing.  Even with the Covid variants by the end of June the US should significantly be into the reopening phase.  Miami, FLL, other Florida ports may start with limited sailings, so by late October Miami may be cooking.  

I cant say the same for ports outside Florida.  Canadian cruises out of Boston or Seattle, about a 22.47% chance, as it looks more and more like a no go this year.  Even if they do make a an exception and allow sailings without a foreign stop, the limited sailing window makes the lines wonder about sending ships up there.

NJ, Baltimore, a 51.54% chance of sailing, and the Galveston’s and NeOrleans of the ports world a 82.47% chance of sailing in Oct.

Eddie

From out of the Covid shadows, cruising walks like a dream 

Edited by Eddie Wilson

11 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Eddie: your percentages are correct as you have rounded them other then the fact the Canadian cruises have only a 00.46% chance of sailing. 

I agree with your calculation as of May 1.  But if something can be done by the end of this month to allow for sailings early July the season may be partially saved.

If no progress by end of April I think Alaska is toast for 2021 season

Eddie