? on Loyalty perks, Booking perks & Indulgence package.

jelayne

We are booked on a 23 night cruise in a CC suite and are Discoverer Plus and are considering purchasing a Indulgence package.  Can anyone clarify how the perks from the various packages are handled?  Or is there a  number I can use to call Azamara and get clarification?

The inclusions from our booking are 1 wi-fi package and 1 bag of laundry every 7 days

Our loyalty perks  are 100% discount on a wi-fi package or 360 mins  and 1 bag of laundry every 7 days

The indulgence package included wi-fi for 2 and 2 bags of laundry.

Will we get up to the 8 bags of laundry and what about 3 plus wi-fi packages?  Any chance they would trade the Indulgence wi-fi and/or 2 bags of laundry  for possibly more shore excursion credit?

Thanks

Things obviously may be different, but when we were in a CC Suite a few years ago (and were Discoverer) we only received the Suite amenities (laundry and internet). They did not add the loyalty  benefits to the Suite benefits.

Edited by CYNSport

Room benefits and loyalty benefits are combined -- there is a chart on this page:

https://www.azamara.com/loyalty/azamara-circle/member-benefits

I think you would have to call Azamara to find out how it would combine with a package; personally, I doubt they would make substitutions but you can always ask.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mchell810 said:

Room benefits and loyalty benefits are combined -- there is a chart on this page:

https://www.azamara.com/loyalty/azamara-circle/member-benefits

I think you would have to call Azamara to find out how it would combine with a package; personally, I doubt they would make substitutions but you can always ask.

Thanks for providing some clarity.  The link isn’t working for me. If the loyalty and room benefits are combined (bummer😣) then the remaining question is are the Indulgence package perks added.  For the price they should be.
Does anyone have a phone # I can call?

I don’t actually know the answer to the initial question, but I would have thought you would get your booking benefits (1 wifi package & 1 bag of laundry per 7 days) plus your loyalty benefits (1 wifi package & 1 bag of laundry)  and also get the Indulgence package benefits (2 wifi packages & 2 bags of laundry). I also think it unlikely that Azamara would be willing to substitute either the wifi and/or the laundry for extra OBC for shore excursions. It might be a good idea to look hard at the value of the Indulgence package to you if you won’t use some of the parts of it. Maybe it would be better value for you just to buy the things you want (such as the drinks package).

You could try emailing Azamara Circle at loyalty@Azamara.com.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

My understanding of the indulgence package if you buy it is that those perks are combinable with your loyalty status, but not your stateroom amenities. The latter two are either or as CYNsport says. 

Phil 

That was my experience. 
To be honest if you are in a suite and have a good level of loyalty perks the indulgence package isn’t a great bet in my experience 

33 minutes ago, uktog said:

That was my experience. 
To be honest if you are in a suite and have a good level of loyalty perks the indulgence package isn’t a great bet in my experience 

Just to clarify, it's either or for the two you mention. You have to do the maths carefully and decide if the extra perks you buy with Experience More you will get value from. And then the price is same for a 7 night cruise as it is for an 18 night one. So longer cruises are better value. No good for solo cruisers either because you are paying for two.  No discount for solo cruisers. 

Phil 

• Like 1

Thanks for the information.  Initially we had no interest in the packages until we did the math on upgrading to the Ultimate Beverage Package which we will definitely do.  For the beverage package upgrade the cost is $808.  So for the extra $591 the Indulgence package gives us $700 shore excursion OBC, $ 250 spa credit, 1 Chef’s table & possibly 2bags of laundry and 2 wi-fi.  

I will try @Grandma Cruisingsuggestion and emailing Azamara Circle.

25 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Thanks for the information.  Initially we had no interest in the packages until we did the math on upgrading to the Ultimate Beverage Package which we will definitely do.  For the beverage package upgrade the cost is $808.  So for the extra $591 the Indulgence package gives us $700 shore excursion OBC, $ 250 spa credit, 1 Chef’s table & possibly 2bags of laundry and 2 wi-fi.  

I will try @Grandma Cruisingsuggestion and emailing Azamara Circle.

I think you have come to the answer to your question. If you'll make use of Azamara shorex (which will save you money on DIY, but perhaps more hassle if any of them cancel) and go to the spa then you are ahead. I often treat myself to the Ultimate Beverage Package as it gives me my preferred vodka and access to more wines with no reliance on the included daily pours. 

Phil 

We are booked for NZ in January 2022. Fingers crossed it will still go ahead. We wanted to book an ultimate beverage package, but it seems that it may not be available anymore. Every time I click on the beverage packages it comes up with the following. We can only assume that you now have to purchase the  combined packages. Ie Essentials Package. I can’t seem to find any other location 

image.thumb.png.0146a6e96ee660313f4e41c78e71860c.png

30 minutes ago, DRJVH said:

We are booked for NZ in January 2022. Fingers crossed it will still go ahead. We wanted to book an ultimate beverage package, but it seems that it may not be available anymore. Every time I click on the beverage packages it comes up with the following. We can only assume that you now have to purchase the  combined packages. Ie Essentials Package. I can’t seem to find any other location 

image.thumb.png.0146a6e96ee660313f4e41c78e71860c.png

You can only buy beverage packages singularly on the ship. 

Phil 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 2:24 PM, jelayne said:

We are booked on a 23 night cruise in a CC suite and are Discoverer Plus and are considering purchasing a Indulgence package.  Can anyone clarify how the perks from the various packages are handled?  Or is there a  number I can use to call Azamara and get clarification?

The inclusions from our booking are 1 wi-fi package and 1 bag of laundry every 7 days

Our loyalty perks  are 100% discount on a wi-fi package or 360 mins  and 1 bag of laundry every 7 days

The indulgence package included wi-fi for 2 and 2 bags of laundry.

Will we get up to the 8 bags of laundry and what about 3 plus wi-fi packages?  Any chance they would trade the Indulgence wi-fi and/or 2 bags of laundry  for possibly more shore excursion credit?

Thanks

Today I received a reply to my email to Azamara Circle asking the above question.  The answer I received confirmed that we will receive  the booking wi-fi and the loyalty wi-fi and the 2 wi-fi included in the Indulgence package, so 4 wi-fi .

Same with the laundry for each 7 night we get 1bag for loyalty and 1for the CC suite for 6 plus the 2 bags included with Indulgence.  
We will have plenty of clean laundry and be well connected😂.  

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Today I received a reply to my email to Azamara Circle asking the above question.  The answer I received confirmed that we will receive  the booking wi-fi and the loyalty wi-fi and the 2 wi-fi included in the Indulgence package, so 4 wi-fi .

Same with the laundry for each 7 night we get 1bag for loyalty and 1for the CC suite for 6 plus the 2 bags included with Indulgence.  

Then you can sit next to me!  🤣

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

That's interesting and I'm not sure you've been given the correct info. Suite and loyalty benefits can't be combined AFAIK. I've only ever got one set of perks when staying in a suite. The indulgence package is a promotional offer so that can be combined. 

Phil 

• Like 1

According to the faq if you follow the link on the Circle newsletter that came out yesterday you can now combine loyalty and suite perks, I’m not sure you can combine loyalty and package perks though 

26F0D286-53D1-4F8A-B093-AA069A0B0127.png

Edited by uktog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Surely if you’ve paid for a package, you should be able to get the service you’ve paid for on top of any loyalty and suite benefits.

Absolutely. That's not what I was saying. You never have been able to combine loyalty perks and stateroom amenities (including Veranda Plus) before. That's been changed very quietly. Thanks for clarifying Ann and apologies to Joan for misleading you. 

Phil 

• Like 1